ATG Hank Aaron try #2

YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
At 1B??? Also 640 Legends!

Comments

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I’m sure that was a mistake. Get ready for a lot of whining when they change him to the player he was supposed to be. 
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    edited January 2022
    I think it is real…he passed away a year ago this weekend. So I think a nice nod to him. Just weird they choose 1B. But whatever he did play games there.
    They had to do 1B because they already did OF. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    My guess is this isnt a mistake but who knows.

The reality is when you commit to doing one a week, the pool gets shallow very quickly.   Last year they ended up using regular legends as ATGs at the end.   This game is about going scoring points tho so they could release an ATG Jim Jimmerson and people will still chase him, the name doesnt really matter.
    It’s a first for ATGs other than Ruth to have two of the same player. Looks like they are sticking with it. Hammering Hank made 210 1B appearances in almost 3300 games played.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I didn’t pull Lou… so I like it! Glu 👍🏻
    Now I just need to pull him 😕
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    samtheman said:
    It’s a first for ATGs other than Ruth to have two of the same player. Looks like they are sticking with it. Hammering Hank made 210 1B appearances in almost 3300 games played.
    Besides Joe and Holiday Joe that is lol
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71