First EB Collection?

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
Is there a reason I can’t collect the rewards from this first EB? Am I crazy to think there will only be a 10 minute window to collect?
Prev1

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited January 2022
    Is there a reason I can’t collect the rewards from this first EB? Am I crazy to think there will only be a 10 minute window to collect?
    You beat me to it. This bunch running this circus has some serious problems. The whole news feed reflected the beginning time till the end of collection times, forgetting to let us know WHEN event was over and WHEN collection time began. Event timer let us know it was over at 8 central. Yet these bozos in IT, now have the collection time LOCKED! No telling what happens next, maybe a 10 minute widow to collect? And let’s not forget they FORGOT to give us free entries and had to resort to Franchise Coin gift. Buffoons!

Hey Glu, it’s been brought up MANY times before, but maybe try testing things BEFORE you go “live”? 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    I don’t know if I can stay awake for another hour…
    YardGoats said:
    I don’t know if I can stay awake for another hour…
    🍺🍺🍷🍷🥃🥃……oh wait, maybe that doesn’t help
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I was never able to collect the first EB rewards. Anyone else? I saw on global where some were claiming they were able to collect.
    edited January 2022

Nope, could not collect, and then get this screen. No collection window ever! Global also said to contact CS which we all know is one huge joke! @Dfbb, can you get your bunch to wake up and make things right?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you weren't able to collect the first EB, you should make a ticket with cs.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    And hope that one gets a competent agent on first attempt? Cmon, this garbage of throwing out new tricks without testing to see if it works needs to stop. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    @DFBB, are you employed by Glu?   
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    no.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    DFBB said:
    no.
    Then, just say you can’t help people. Be honest. You get tagged on all of these BS problems. Instead, you say “contact CS”.  You have a huge following of people who respect you. Be honest with them. Don’t leave a door open for interpretation 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I will stop playing EB while this is going on. There is clearly one of two things going on- it's a beta program and Glu just didn't know how to roll it out properly- or it's nothing more than a resource grab. 

Not sure which one is worse...
    DFBB said:
    no.
    Then, just say you can’t help people. Be honest. You get tagged on all of these BS problems. Instead, you say “contact CS”.  You have a huge following of people who respect you. Be honest with them. Don’t leave a door open for interpretation 
    This is exactly what I was advised and I passed it on, as I always do. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. 
    DFBB said:
    Thanks @DFBB! I will give it try! 
    DFBB said:
    @DFBB That goes without saying. Are you aware if “they” know of the issue and are working on it? I see a lot of people are being affected by this. 
    With as many players who are experiencing this issue with yet another failed attempt at rolling out an untested “twist”, Glu has been invisible. As usual, crickets. Nothing posted in the in-game news. Still the touting of this new and failed “twist”. So now, we’re at the mercy of an incompetent CS department with no reassurance from the folks who screwed this up in the first place. Typical Glu.
    Still nothing from Glu after 2 messages. Finished 22 in first EB event. Lots of boxes to be screwed out of. I don't know what they call this, but it isn't customer service.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    People were complaining on global for hours. They must have a stack of tickets to get through. I had a feeling it would be hard to collect and decided not sink a lot of blue cash into this and I’m glad I did though I am still owed rewards. Ironically for the overnight which I did not play at all the collect button was there this morning.
    same thing happened to me @samtheman. I look forward to being able to claim this EB that I’m not doing since I’m not doing slugfest 
    edited January 2022
    DFBB said:
    @DFBB That goes without saying. Are you aware if “they” know of the issue and are working on it? I see a lot of people are being affected by this. 
    Once I realized that it wasn't a personal issue(lots of people were affected), I contacted them. They advised me to contact CS because it wasn't a global issue and for others to do the same. I was able to collect the overnight EB and expect things to be fine moving forward. And if they're not, life will still go on. I don't mean to be insensitive to those who are highly invested, but I'm just tired of being angry/frustrated. 

Anyways, CS only gave me the rank rewards and forgot about the progress rewards. It took them 12 hours to respond to my initial ticket and so far, it's been 4+hours without a response about my progress rewards. Normally, I'd be more annoyed, but my TSB weekend was already dead(we're in a bracket with autotappers) so aside from EB(my fav event), I'm just chilling this weekend. For everyone else's sanity, I hope the bugs are behind us. 

DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    Once I realized that it wasn't a personal issue(lots of people were affected), I contacted them. They advised me to contact CS because it wasn't a global issue and for others to do the same. I was able to collect the overnight EB and expect things to be fine moving forward. And if they're not, life will still go on. I don't mean to be insensitive to those who are highly invested, but I'm just tired of being angry/frustrated. 

Anyways, CS only gave me the rank rewards and forgot about the progress rewards. It took them 12 hours to respond to my initial ticket and so far, it's been 4+hours without a response about my progress rewards. Normally, I'd be more annoyed, but my TSB weekend was already dead(we're in a bracket with autotappers) so aside from EB(my fav event), I'm just chilling this weekend. For everyone else's sanity, I hope the bugs are behind us. 

It just gets old to constantly work to earn rewards and then be shorted. I still haven't heard anything, although I'm hearing reports that others are slowly getting rewards. I'm jut not playing the EB event anymore this weekend. Not worth the headache.

@dfbb…..this isn’t a global issue? Wow, looks like Glu has a different definition of global, aside from just being in denial that their screwup affected MANY, MANY, MANY players. 
    Thanks for the update @DFBB! That is the type of update glu should be providing so people know what to do. Mistakes happen especially when you try something new, they just need to be able to communicate with that with players. A lot less upset people if they just explained that.
    I don’t know if it was updated to this, but it says rewards should have been able to be collected up until the end time.
    I don’t know if it was updated to this, but it says rewards should have been able to be collected up until the end time.
    That’s VERY different from original posting. I’m not logged into game right now, but I screenshot EVERYTHING. Here is original (my editing for local times added, after I figured out Glu FORGOT to put in actual event ending times, lol

Still no response from CS. I've sent 3 messages regarding yesterday's first extra bases event. I'm owed 13 boxes. In addition to being jailed for 3 days last week for no reason and getting no compensation for it (or explanation), this is just a stick in the eye. 
    I just got my reward from the first EB! I sent my one request with screenshots of my placement around 1 am eastern time zone. Just to give you an idea of how back logged they are with requests. Also I got everything I should’ve received. 
    YardGoats said:
    I just got my reward from the first EB! I sent my one request with screenshots of my placement around 1 am eastern time zone. Just to give you an idea of how back logged they are with requests. Also I got everything I should’ve received. 
    That is good to hear. What they should have done to begin with was put a comment in the news section indicating that they were aware of it and were sorting through many players' issues. Not communicating at all is what causes the issues.
    I just received my rank rewards only. Progress rewards were ignored, so another ticket submitted. Lazy department as well as incompetent, but we all knew this.
    Still haven't received anything. I don't know what to say anymore. CS has been totally unresponsive.
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    I dont know if they are working them in order. But i got my full winnings around 7pm central. Saturday.  I sent cs a mesage at about 10:55pm central on friday night.  If that helps.  I provided a screenshot. But the message i got made it appear they could review what happened without one.