Jailed again for no reason

DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
This is now the 2nd time in 3 weeks I've been jailed- same time as last time- 10pm on Saturday during the event. For doing absolutely nothing other than playing the game. And no one from Customer service has ever acknowledged why I was jailed the last time or given me my resources back that I spent. This is absolute nonsense.
Prev134

Comments

• winitagainwinitagain Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    typical 

• winitagainwinitagain Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    typical 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I’ve been jailed 3 times this week alone lol.  You’re preaching to the choir.  No one from GLU cares. 
    That's impressive that you got unjailed twice in one week. Want to share your CS connect?
  • DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    They unjailed me this morning with no explanation for why it happened. Ridiculous. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    They unjailed me this morning with no explanation for why it happened. Ridiculous. 
    Did your points ever disappear?

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    The last time I was jailed, I was freed after 2 days and the message came a day or two later. They still tried to act like I cheated by saying I was jailed for unusual activities. So from a customer service standpoint, they still didn’t admit the problem, but instead acted like they were doing me a favor since I had unusual activities. It’s extremely disappointing they haven’t fixed this. Think of all the time they would save if they fixed it instead of having to free everyone from jail. 
    Did your points ever disappear?

The first time they jailed me, they disappeared completely and weren't brought back. I wasn't restored for 3 days. This time they went to zero, then they brought them back this morning. I have no idea why they are doing this. It's not exactly the way to get people spending on your game....
    Guess I spoke too soon. They just jailed me again.

@DETROITCITYCLUB I just got jailed again too. 4th time this week  I’m socalhiker.  Are you in my jail bracket? my jail bracket? lol 
    Yep. 
  • royalpadreroyalpadre Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I got jailed a little before the end of event on Sunday night.  A club mate was also jailed around the same time.  👎
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    24 prime multiples gotcha
    Glu unjailed me right before the event today. No response from CS to my ticket, they just let me out of jail. No one has ever acknowledged why they are doing this, only that "they made some adjustments to your account". What does that even mean?

Honestly what is the point to playing the game if they are just going to shut you down for scoring points legitimately? 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    No one has ever acknowledged why they are doing this, only that "they made some adjustments to your account". What does that even mean?

Honestly what is the point to playing the game if they are just going to shut you down for scoring points legitimately? 
    I'm completely convinced that this is intentionally done by Glu to protect VIP players and top clubs from having non-VIP compete with them. There doesn't seem to be any other logical reason other than to protect the whales. 
    cb11 said:
    No one has ever acknowledged why they are doing this, only that "they made some adjustments to your account". What does that even mean?

I'm completely convinced that this is intentionally done by Glu to protect VIP players and top clubs from having non-VIP compete with them. There doesn't seem to be any other logical reason other than to protect the whales. 
    Well, I'm not that far from VIP. This is not a great way to motivate me to get there. About as dumb of a business plan as you'll find.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    cb11 said:

I always go for incompetence over conspiracy. (I feel the same way about refs at sporting events. They aren’t trying to screw your team, they just suck.) It takes a lot of work and effort to do some things intentionally and keep people from spilling the beans. This seems more like a bad decision they won’t fix. They introduced moments and have increased bonuses and have ATGs that are good for 2 weeks of bonus points. Not to mention all the sets on weekends and now scoring is off the charts and it’s very easy to go over the limit. This limit was set when scoring this much was probably impossible. They have just never adjusted for non VIPs being able to score this many points.
    cb11 said:
    Maybe the clubs full of VIP's that haven't figured out how to score, but for any club with decent or better players the 2b point threshold is not a threat. That's what makes this whole thing so confusing (to me). I'm constantly seeing screenshots of 150b+ games... that would take a non-vip 75 games of trying not to get jailed to match. They definitely need to raise the bar.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I have seen screenshots of CS messages to players where they openly acknowledge there is a points cap. 

I'll say it again- Glu is the technology company, not us. It's on them to figure out how to catch anyone that cheats. If your algorithms are this bad- to the point where honest people are getting jailed multiple times a week- maybe you're doing it wrong, Glu....
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

I'll say it again- Glu is the technology company, not us. It's on them to figure out how to catch anyone that cheats. 
    I agree with this 100% and it's why I don't blame guys for cheating. I may not like it, but everyone has a right to do whatever is fun for them; It's on glu to maintain balance. That said, if you're getting jailed for the exact same thing time and time again, I don't know what to tell you. By no means am I saying it's 'right,' but at some point, common sense needs to prevail. 

Also, the fact that CS is unjailing accounts is in it's own, an admission of a faulty system.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:

I'll say it again- Glu is the technology company, not us. It's on them to figure out how to catch anyone that cheats. 

Also, the fact that CS is unjailing accounts is in it's own, an admission of a faulty system.
    This.  In a desperate attempt to curb cheating they’ve employed a really really crappy detection system.  And it’s erroneously jailing the wrong people 

in the same department with being locked out of an account for 6 days being told you need to play on the original device.  When you’re ON THE ORIGINAL device.  Only to be told by CS that they’ve fixed the issue and unlock the account.

Their system is broken
  • wedemboyz512wedemboyz512 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited February 2022
    I think certain users are reporting accounts, thus getting them banned.  Sore losers, I'm sure.  That's the caveat for having the bulletin board on there.   
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I think certain users are reporting accounts, thus getting them banned.  Sore losers, I'm sure.  That's the caveat for having the bulletin board on there.   
    Nah. I habitually report @retirepujols and @TyroneEastwood. That’s not it. It’s their anti-cheating algorithm that hasn’t been updated since the launch of moments. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Nah. I habitually report @retirepujols and @TyroneEastwood. That’s not it. It’s their anti-cheating algorithm that hasn’t been updated since the launch of moments. 
    I’m pretty sure @retirepujols IS actually behind this as he still can’t figure out moments #wrongteamandMLswitchwhenyouwerealreadya3rdbasephillies
    I’m pretty sure @retirepujols IS actually behind this as he still can’t figure out moments #wrongteamandMLswitchwhenyouwerealreadya3rdbasephillies

I don't even want to play today. I hit 1.1B on my first prime game. It's just not worth getting suspended. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Open a ticket with CS.  Don’t blame moderators for this. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Amazing support staff this game has.   They literally have one job and that’s to take care of customers.  Do your job @blueleopard @DFBB @RR Phoenix
    The guys you're tagging aren't the ones that will help you, lol. They CAN, to an extent, but it isn't their job. In fact, at least one of them isn't even an employee  :) a PM to @RR Phoenix would probably be your best bet, but I doubt harsh finger pointing will do the trick. You'll likely want to warm a guy up first, maybe brush your finger through his (maybe her) hair and do some sweet talking. People tend to be more willing to help after you tell them they're pretty and such. 
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    I totally agree.  You have to get blue leopard’s tail wagging.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    One of our club members took a long break from the game (about 3 months) and returned with a renewed enthusiasm for the game. 

As you would expect from glu, they rewarded his return with lots of good pulls. This left him needing one player to land every player in the boxes. After spending another 10k gold, he got him. He was then jailed for scoring too well: dropping our club from 10th to 22nd in the event. 
    how many pms should it take to fix a situation where someone has been jailed 6 times in one month and the company has stolen $50 from them? 
    It's always just one more =)

At the same time - if you KNOW that you will be jailed for doing XYZ because it's happened to you numerous other times, I would also like to think that you should take some personal responsibility for doing what you know will get you jailed. That's not to say that it's right, or that these guys don't need to fix any coding, but just because your landlord hasn't fixed a broken glass window doesn't mean you should keep sticking your hand through it either. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I just put this up. How long until I’m jailed. 🤦‍♂️