Jailed again for no reason

Comments

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I just put this up. How long until I’m jailed. 🤦‍♂️ 
    I'd guess about 5 minutes. I put a bug report about this topic. It's been previously ignored in other sections of the forum. Hopefully Blue will finally acknowledge this
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited February 2022
    @retirepujols ok so you’re strategy in a game where the goal is to score as many points as possible is to focus on scoring right at 2.5B but not go over so that you don’t get jailed?  I mean really at this point I’ve taken my business elsewhere but it sucks not playing a game I thought was fun. 
    It sucks, but that’s where I am. I have Ripken and Bench. They are my only bonus players and with 24x bonus points, I occasionally hit 1.8 billion. So I won’t use the moments or have any other bonus players in my lineup. I normally test out my scores in prime first since the limit is higher. I don’t know what it is, but I could score 3 and 4 billion a few weeks ago before eventually getting jailed. But yeah, it’s not possible to compete when you have to intentionally limit your scores or you will get jailed.
    sullipa8 said: 
    It sucks, but that’s where I am. I have Ripken and Bench. They are my only bonus players and with 24x bonus points, I occasionally hit 1.8 billion. So I won’t use the moments or have any other bonus players in my lineup. I normally test out my scores in prime first since the limit is higher. I don’t know what it is, but I could score 3 and 4 billion a few weeks ago before eventually getting jailed. But yeah, it’s not possible to compete when you have to intentionally limit your scores or you will get jailed.
    The other thing I've done with the testing out of scores is figure out how many runs equals 1B. Then if I score more than 50% of that I just resign the game. Better to be safe than sorry 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @retirepujols ok so you’re strategy in a game where the goal is to score as many points as possible is to focus on scoring right at 2.5B but not go over so that you don’t get jailed?  I mean really at this point I’ve taken my business elsewhere but it sucks not playing a game I thought was fun. 
    No, I'm not a part of this problem so I don't have to worry about it like you guys unfortunately do. If I did have to worry about it, though, I would rather score below the threshold than to keep getting jailed. "I've taken my business elsewhere" would also be on the table for me. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    24 prime multiples gotcha
    If they keep running 24x and 25x this weekend, there's going to be a ton of jailings 
  • gcardeygcardey Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    cb11 said:
    24 prime multiples gotcha
    If they keep running 24x and 25x this weekend, there's going to be a ton of jailings 
    I've scored 1.8 billion 3 times today, cutting it close.
    I would be really happy if there are no more 24x or 25x this weekend.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I think you all are overthinking this one. Has anyone tried to send CS a screenshot of this? 

I’m thinking it could work.

• DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Just an FYI to Glu....when I spend money to try to become a VIP so you won't jail me for no reason any more, I am going to acquire players and moments that will increase my points. Then jailing me because I tried to use what I just bought is really counter productive. Especially when you do it 20 bonus games into the event.

Seriously. It's like a loop I can't get out of.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Just an FYI to Glu....when I spend money to try to become a VIP so you won't jail me for no reason any more, I am going to acquire players and moments that will increase my points. Then jailing me because I tried to use what I just bought is really counter productive. Especially when you do it 20 bonus games into the event.

So then Glu’s business plan to get you to spend more worked?  Well thought out glu and shame on you fii is r not just deleting 🤣
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:

So then Glu’s business plan to get you to spend more worked?  Well thought out glu and shame on you fii is r not just deleting 🤣
    Well, the jailing stopped. So I figured they had actually figured out their technology. Apparently not.
    It gets better. They un-jailed me....I played about 20 games, they jailed me again. 

Seriously Glu? 
    I wanted to go all out to see if they were still jailing us. Sure enough about 45 minutes in, I was jailed. I was only getting between 2 and 6 billion points. So not anywhere close to guys in my club. Now I just have to wait until someone answers my ticket. 
    I don't understand it. They are the technology company. I have had VIPs admit to me that they cheat. Glu knows they cheat and they let it go. But I spend money, gather some decent players and a couple of moments that run up my point totals legitimately and I get jailed. 

News flash glu- there's no incentive to spend money to become a VIP when you don't let people play.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I don't understand it. They are the technology company. I have had VIPs admit to me that they cheat. Glu knows they cheat and they let it go. But I spend money, gather some decent players and a couple of moments that run up my point totals legitimately and I get jailed. 

News flash glu- there's no incentive to spend money to become a VIP when you don't let people play.
    This company is, and has always been, clueless. Much like a certain government.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Fellas, just quit. They only want your money. There’s a ton of better apps to play for free. If you jump to 22, it’ll only be worse. I’m saying this as the best advice I can give. Nothing funny about it. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Fellas, just quit. They only want your money. There’s a ton of better apps to play for free. If you jump to 22, it’ll only be worse. I’m saying this as the best advice I can give. Nothing funny about it. 
    What apps? Haven’t found them 🤷🏻‍♂️
    sullipa8 said:
    I wanted to go all out to see if they were still jailing us. Sure enough about 45 minutes in, I was jailed. I was only getting between 2 and 6 billion points. So not anywhere close to guys in my club. Now I just have to wait until someone answers my ticket. 
    Did you get an answer yet? They sent me a message saying everything is fine, but I'm still jailed. 
    sullipa8 said:
    Did you get an answer yet? They sent me a message saying everything is fine, but I'm still jailed. 
    Yes, I was released just before midnight EST last night. I had about a 6 1/2 hour sentence. I sent a screenshot with how my scores were gained and the person appreciated that. It was one of the few times the person who worked my issue actually understood the problem and fixed it. But now I’m just keeping my scoring low and not playing much. 
  • n8DayVn8DayV Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    There must be more factors than just the 2bil+ score. I’ve scored over 2 billion 3 times this weekend and I keep waiting for the jailing but nothing has happened. At least not yet. And I’m nowhere close to VIP.  I was starting to think they fixed it but looks like I’ve just been lucky
    n8DayV said:
    There must be more factors than just the 2bil+ score. I’ve scored over 2 billion 3 times this weekend and I keep waiting for the jailing but nothing has happened. At least not yet. And I’m nowhere close to VIP.  I was starting to think they fixed it but looks like I’ve just been lucky
    I was hitting 6 billion consistently. I don’t remember hitting 7, but I was in this high sixes for several games. I had plenty of games over 2 billion and thought they had finally removed the limit. But eventually it happened during a run of 6 billion games. Maybe they raised the limit, I don’t know. 
    Something is definitely different this weekend. I haven't been jailed since the last time I posted here. I've had several times where I've led my club, scored a trillion points, etc. But they seem to have this hang up that you can't score too many points in a particular game as a non vip or you get jailed. Well, news flash...by this time in the year, my whole line up is ATGs, some of whom are capped (and they've now raised the cap to 700), all of whom have their skills tweaked as high as I can. I'm scoring between 200-500 runs a game. And then they give us moments which enhance the multipliers even higher...and then they do X24 bonus games and they wonder why we score so many points. Really Glu? 

It's like they can't do basic math. And it's their math, not mine. They seriously need an algorithm that works correctly.
  • jory1jory1 Registered Users, Member 100 Posts
    Something is definitely different this weekend. I haven't been jailed since the last time I posted here. I've had several times where I've led my club, scored a trillion points, etc. But they seem to have this hang up that you can't score too many points in a particular game as a non vip or you get jailed. Well, news flash...by this time in the year, my whole line up is ATGs, some of whom are capped (and they've now raised the cap to 700), all of whom have their skills tweaked as high as I can. I'm scoring between 200-500 runs a game. And then they give us moments which enhance the multipliers even higher...and then they do X24 bonus games and they wonder why we score so many points. Really Glu? 

It's like they can't do basic math. And it's their math, not mine. They seriously need an algorithm that works correctly.
    This game is and has always been about money. You could be a very smart and savvy player by saving up gold, EVO, resources, etc. and raise your team strength to +350k with pure strategy and by not spending. However, this company is indeed a company...and EA has transformed Glu into a very greedy company, and I think we'll all witness this next week, if you're not already aware by now. 

I applaud you for not being VIP. I think all of us wish we had never traded our $880 for a badge. But, you must understand that this company wants more and more and more of your money. All algorithms have exceptions, and no matter how you score, Glu will punish you for not spending. You can cheat, auto-tap, etc, as long as you pay. It's not fair and I don't agree with it, but it's really that simple. 
  • n8DayVn8DayV Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    I was hitting 6 billion consistently. I don’t remember hitting 7, but I was in this high sixes for several games. I had plenty of games over 2 billion and thought they had finally removed the limit. But eventually it happened during a run of 6 billion games. Maybe they raised the limit, I don’t know. 
    I’ve been playing with one hand behind my back worrying about 2bil. Put some players/moments in to get me to 4-5bil per game. Not going to risk getting up to 6. Sounds like that’s where you got hit. I wonder what the magic number is now
    Anyone else having login trouble? Stuck at 37 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Not me 
    jory1 said:

This game is and has always been about money. You could be a very smart and savvy player by saving up gold, EVO, resources, etc. and raise your team strength to +350k with pure strategy and by not spending. However, this company is indeed a company...and EA has transformed Glu into a very greedy company, and I think we'll all witness this next week, if you're not already aware by now. 

I applaud you for not being VIP. I think all of us wish we had never traded our $880 for a badge. But, you must understand that this company wants more and more and more of your money. All algorithms have exceptions, and no matter how you score, Glu will punish you for not spending. You can cheat, auto-tap, etc, as long as you pay. It's not fair and I don't agree with it, but it's really that simple. 
    As warped as it might be, I'm pretty close to VIP. I was going to bite the bullet and just do it so I could actually play and they'd leave me alone. But then they jailed me twice this weekend, and I'm still jailed. So what is the point of spending money on assets when you're just going to be jailed for it? 

You have to be pretty darn incompetent if this is your business model.
    2003cobra said:
    Not me 
    Tks. It seem resolve itself about 30 mins later. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I was going to bite the bullet and just do it so I could actually play and they'd leave me alone.

These two sentences kind of contradict each other. If their business model is to get guys to spend a little extra just so they can continue playing the game.. and guys do it.. then it seems their business model is working ☹️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I was going to bite the bullet and just do it so I could actually play and they'd leave me alone.

These two sentences kind of contradict each other. If their business model is to get guys to spend a little extra just so they can continue playing the game.. and guys do it.. then it seems their business model is working ☹️
    Well, it appeared the jailing had stopped after over a month of nothing. So my thought was, spend some, get to VIP and avoid it happening in the future. Yet when I spend, they jail again.  So there's something wrong with their model. They are penalizing people for doing what they want them to do. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    edited March 2022

Business model of getting guys to spend more, yes,very effective. But not having the programming correct so they are jailing some of the guys spending said money is a bit unethical. Okay, a lot unethical. I think the largest asset this game has is the club aspect. The guys in a club trying to compete against guys in another club (my bad, guys/gals) is what makes this game so addicting to many. The jailing is preventing the dopamine from being released into the addicted’s brain, which is like trying to take the needle away from an addict about to shoot up some heroine they just scored after sitting on the street corner begging for cash for a week. Too much?