over this

Comments

• toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts

2003cobra said:
    I can use it in a sentence if needed. This is what DFBB is and does. Imo he actually goes above and beyond the definition of moderator.                            
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    @DFBB it is one thing for you and your business to turn a blind eye to the cheaters but it is completely different when you all steal money from people that are playing the game fairly and are getting jailed because they score too many points and aren’t VIP.  When will you and your team do something to quit scamming the people that are playing fairly?!?!  Why hasn’t your company done a single thing to even address the fact that y’all are running a scam operation stealing peoples money and then locking their accounts.  I doubt you’ll respond but I’ll keep waiting. 
    my response is thanks for the morning laugh.   I actually really appreciate it
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    If you’re using an autotapper, you’re only cheating yourself out of manually playing this satisfying game. 🏃‍♀️ 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    This feels a little like the Barry Bonds HOF debate. 

He cheated argument vs he just did what most of his competition did, and did it better argument. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    This feels a little like the Barry Bonds HOF debate. 

He cheated argument vs he just did what most of his competition did, and did it better argument. 
    That's prob true of the grinders out there who felt that they couldn't otherwise compete(they're right), but most of those dudes are allergic to the grind. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @retirepujols so you think if you’re not vip and score over 2B that is cheating.  Got it! 
    Sure, bud. 🤡👟
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @2003cobra no one here needs a definition of what a moderator does.  At the end of the day he represents glu on their forum.  If he doesn’t agree with the way they run their business then it’s his job to make recommendations on how they can fix it or he should resign his position.  Here is what the responsibilities of a moderator are.  You can see that they are supposed to answer questions.  He has not.  He is supposed to update the platform.  He has not.  They are supposed to provide feedback to the business.  He has not.  https://www.ziprecruiter.com/e/What-Does-a-Moderator-Do

Maybe you should go for a hike...
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    @retirepujols so you think if you’re not vip and score over 2B that is cheating.  Got it! 
    wut
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited February 2022
    @dustyhunks it’s literally changing one number in a line of code to fix the problem.  You’ll notice nothing but crickets from the moderators and customer service. 

You've quite literally had a moderator, as well as MULTIPLE current and former VIP council members, reply to you in agreement and offer advice yet you keep railing away at the same point like they're all in disagreement. It sucks, we get it and no one thinks it's fair. What you seem to not realize is that this quite obviously means nothing to Glu so therefore you have already gotten their final response. What happens next for you is up to you and only you.

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @DFBB it is one thing for you and your business to turn a blind eye to the cheaters but it is completely different when you all steal money from people that are playing the game fairly and are getting jailed because they score too many points and aren’t VIP.  When will you and your team do something to quit scamming the people that are playing fairly?!?!  Why hasn’t your company done a single thing to even address the fact that y’all are running a scam operation stealing peoples money and then locking their accounts.  I doubt you’ll respond but I’ll keep waiting. 
    1)I got the ball rolling by creating awareness and bringing the situation to light with the devs. They’ve since relayed it to CS, who now unjails accounts that have that particular flag. 

2)The jailing issues have been a thing for the past month plus so it’s reasonable to assume that their flags won’t get adjusted. Yet…..

4)The same people are getting jailed for the same things over and over and over and over and over….. 😬

5)I’m just a volunteer moderator. 
    I’ll just repost this in case it got overlooked. This feels like going above and beyond his role as a moderator. I hear that MLB 9 innings is looking for some players to compete against Doc 
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I completely understand how you feel, being a "VIP" I've been jailed too but the way you're going about on here is Definitely not helping your cause! These guys on here would break their backs to help you but you need to go about it and little differently 👍
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:
    1)I got the ball rolling by creating awareness and bringing the situation to light with the devs. They’ve since relayed it to CS, who now unjails accounts that have that particular flag. 

2)The jailing issues have been a thing for the past month plus so it’s reasonable to assume that their flags won’t get adjusted. Yet…..

4)The same people are getting jailed for the same things over and over and over and over and over….. 😬

5)I’m just a volunteer moderator. 
    I’ll just repost this in case it got overlooked. 
    Ok ok, I get it. I don’t know how to count. 😂

@dustyhunks so you’re saying that I should just accept their response of if you’re not a VIP then their company is just going to steal your money and freeze your account for absolutely no reason. Appreciate the solid advice!!  Maybe you’d care more if it was your $100 that was stolen from you. 
    If you’re expecting/hoping for glu to adjust their flags for jailing accounts, imo, that ship has sailed. I’ve said it before but the fact that CS is unjailing accounts(something they normally wouldn’t do) speaks volumes. Anyways, I feel for the guys that are finding out about this the hard way. It sucks.
    @socalhiker, @DFBB and @jalapenocubbies are on the TSB Council, they are essentially ambassadors for the game. They can voice their concerns (and they have) to the company. That’s as far as their involvement goes. @DFBB is also one of our moderators for this forum and does a damn good job at it. There’s also a multitude of veteran players on this forum as well that go out of their way to help each other. Nobody likes what’s going on with the recent jailings related to scores over 2 billion. It’s not right. We all agree on that. But under no circumstance should you be blaming or debating these matters with @DFBB. He’s given his input, he’s relayed the messages and frustrations, and he’s doing what he can.  
    Let CS handle it
    Still no one can answer why it’s ok for this company to steal people’s money who are playing the game fairly.  Thanks VIP council.  Appreciated the water bottles and franchise coins y’all sent us last week while us peons were sitting in jail.  Keep up the good work! 
    You just don’t get it. They don’t work for Glu!  Nobody here thinks it’s ok
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited February 2022
    Still no one can answer why it’s ok for this company to steal people’s money who are playing the game fairly.  Thanks VIP council.  Appreciated the water bottles and franchise coins y’all sent us last week while us peons were sitting in jail.  Keep up the good work! 
    I’m in the same boat. I’m not a VIP and I’ve been jailed twice. The first time took 3 weeks to get resolved. The second time was a month later and took about a day and a half. It was quite a change for customer service to quickly restore my account after denying it was a problem the first time and even saying they wouldn’t resolve it. 

It’s not OK. It’s not right. It’s why I don’t spend money on this game. But either I play the game the way I have to, or I stop playing altogether. Those are the only choices. We’ve been put in a smaller box and it’s not right. For now, I’m holding back my scoring and it sucks on the weekends. For you, if it’s too much frustration to play in the tiny sandbox while the big kids get to do whatever they want in the rest of the park, you may need to find some other game to pass the time. No game is worth this much frustration. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    You are very welcome. Don’t drop the soap. 
    @dustyhunks so you’re saying that I should just accept their response of if you’re not a VIP then their company is just going to steal your money and freeze your account for absolutely no reason. Appreciate the solid advice!!  Maybe you’d care more if it was your $100 that was stolen from you. 
    I'm not alone in saying that I've lost more money on this game over the years through false advertising and frickery than you've spent so far. To say that we think it's ok for you, or anyone else, to have lost any money in this game is asinine. 

Hell, I once bought a $100 special for something like 17 boxes that had 100% odds at landing an ATG (it was a box with nothing but all of the ATG's that had been released to that point in it). Looked like the best special I had ever seen, until I bought it. As soon as my purchase went through I was hit with the "oops, we need to restart." Guess what happened when my app restarted? You guessed it! The boxes and odds changed. I went from buying the best special to the worst special. The odds dropped to something like 3% and other crap was added to the box. I didn't open a single box for about a week while I waited for my refund to be DENIED. When I finally got around to opening those stupid boxes, I don't think I pulled a single ATG.

I've purchased field pass a few times and not received the discount or autoplay function. I've purchased specials before and not received anything from it at all! I've purchased specials to land players that were changed after the fact... The list goes on and on, and unfortunately there's not much to be done about it. Sometimes you'll be sent "I'm sorry" gifts, other times you're just left out to dry. 

In the end, all you can really do about it is: 
    1. Contact CS about it.
    2. Make it be known on the forum that it's happened (there's a section to report bugs and such).
    3. If you know XYZ leads to your issue, do your best to avoid XYZ.

I hope this gets fixed, but I wouldn't bet on it. If anything changes, I wouldn't expect it to happen until the next version. It's too late in the game to expect anything to change for 21.

edited February 2022
    I had a lengthy response vanish in mid air.. maybe @DFBB would be kind enough to recover it for me, but I certainly wouldn't ask him to help me with anything game related  ;) 

edit: @DFBB thank you for fixing that 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @DFBB @retirepujols @jalapenocubbies @Mattattack @dustyhunks Since we can block people on the game, is it possible to block people in this forum? 
    @DFBB @retirepujols @jalapenocubbies @Mattattack @dustyhunks Since we can block people on the game, is it possible to block people in this forum? 

@retirepujols he doesn’t do that.  He just moderates lol.  What a joke
    Why are you so damp on this?  We’ve given you the answer served up several ways. 
    @retirepujols he doesn’t do that.  He just moderates lol.  What a joke
    Why are you so damp on this?  We’ve given you the answer served up several ways. 
    And he did it for me... No hom... Oh, wait, need to be PC 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    @CanadaCubs no one has given an answer.  Saying that unless you’re a VIP then any money you spend on the game is going to be scammed from you is not an acceptable answer.  Saying that unless you’re a VIP you can’t play the game the way it was designed is not an acceptable answer. Saying that it is perfectly ok for customer service to accuse paying customers of cheating is not an acceptable answer.  I’m sorry that I only started playing this game in October and the money that I’ve spent in 4 months is not to the same level as those that have played all year.  
    No need to apologize for that. What you should apologize for is coming on here and acting like an @$$hole to people who have absolutely no control over your current issue. In your imaginary world you may think he “works” for glu but I’d suggest going back on your meds because he doesn’t. If he or anyone here had a chance to message people to help, I’m not sure why anyone would at this point when you act the way you do. I imagine it’s frustrating to jail for no reason, but you don’t need to come here acting like Karen screaming at people who literally can not help you(again I understand in your mind you think he can).
    Saying that unless you’re a VIP then any money you spend on the game is going to be scammed from you is not an acceptable answer.

Saying that unless you’re a VIP you can’t play the game the way it was designed is not an acceptable answer.

Saying that it is perfectly ok for customer service to accuse paying customers of cheating is not an acceptable answer.  
    I don't recall a single person saying any of these things.
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    I am not going to waste time regurgitating the OP and his flippant repetition of frustration.  I will however give you the answer - because they say flat out in the terms of service there are no refunds... 
    Some people may choose to autotap because they have been where your at but perhaps it was their "$10,000.00" or so.   Maybe some do it due to carpal tunnel? I am sure everyone has their reasons but I cannot confirm the reasonings.  Regardless of the amount, everyone here understands the horse you turned into glue.  Perhaps you should contact EA as they are in the pilot's seat now.  I also don't personally believe a logical correlation to one's character in life as a whole can be made based upon one's decision to employ an autotapper.  That is just a lazy, irresponsible statement (much like segregating two operating systems and device types to cheating and not cheating)...
    @retirepujols what’s the answer then lol
    Contact CS. Either on this site, or via In App
    @retirepujols what’s the answer then lol
    To which question?

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    This guy sounds like he needs a beer, maybe a glass of box wine, a tube of some roasted turkey pringles and to have a chat with @Glu_TapSports_Bot ...that guy has the answers
    Just no.  
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Enough is enough with this guy or gal, WE have all been duped by the system but it is what it is until something changes that is beyond anyone on here to do! Count your losses because some guys on here losses have been more and run away because I promise you will NEVER get back what you put in!
    We are in a tight battle vs some autotappers. We've led all weekend and now, there's a 24x multiplier for bgs overnight...for five hours. Gg. After grinding all weekend, I guess it's time to get back to being a functional adult. I ain't mad, but obv, I'm disappointed.