Losing

lilrow26lilrow26 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
Losing 7 out of 10 bonus games just not fun if your not a VIP or spend money game just isn't fun anymore 
Prev1

Comments

• lilrow26lilrow26 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Team strength of at least 100k difference c'mon I don't have a chance
  • kbrown7942kbrown7942 Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    What level are you at and how many games have you won overall?
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    You’ve probably exceeded the win total for the tier you’re at. Time to start leveling up or get used to it.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Definitely you have to level up. Once you hit that point, you need to level up. If you are already Diamond, then maybe you went too fast? But I know when I went Diamond, I could win plenty of games with mostly platinum players. It certainly wasn’t 70% losses.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Or one could stay in the slums of TSB, yet enjoy the Silver, stress free life (except for dealing with CS). 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Or one could stay in the slums of TSB, yet enjoy the Silver, stress free life (except for dealing with CS). 
    True. If that type of playing suits you. But if you are losing 70% and want to know how to win more, it’s through moving up and improving your team.
    sullipa8 said:
    tshea510 said:
    True. If that type of playing suits you. But if you are losing 70% and want to know how to win more, it’s through moving up and improving your team.
    Fortunately, I’ve never put myself in that kind of position. 😎
  • lilrow26lilrow26 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I'm diamond level 6 still losing just isn't fun 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    BGs are mostly tougher than prime games. Your team strength must be low if losing that much and outranked by that much more than occasionally. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    BGs are mostly tougher than prime games. Your team strength must be low if losing that much and outranked by that much more than occasionally. 
    Can't agree more. If you're D6 and losing 70% games and your TS is 100k less than the teams you're losing to - you made the common mistake of going diamond without being anywhere near ready to do so. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Does anyone remember the rough range at which you hit the wall in Gold and can't win BG's anymore?  Wasnt it around like 1800 wins?
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    It is about 20k games played now
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Does anyone remember the rough range at which you hit the wall in Gold and can't win BG's anymore?  Wasnt it around like 1800 wins?
    I think it’s around 17-18k wins. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    I just hit it this weekend. 18-19k for me. Guess time to move up to platinum.
  • kbrown7942kbrown7942 Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    I’m at 19000 wins and 21000 games played. Hasn’t happened to me yet. I’m thinking there will be a bump to 660 . I have a lot of resources so I’m going to platinum this weekend if the bump happens 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I will say up until last year I was a gold for life kind of guy.  Tried platinum late last year and now I love it!  Resources needed really isn’t that taxing.  The only thing I don’t like is the gold to take a guy from gold to platinum but that’s more about me being a cheapskate.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    I went up to platinum this week and still getting some difficult matches. tournament’s constantly facing a diamond 640-ish pitcher usually once out of the 4 games. Maybe winning 1 out of every 3 tournaments. Similar thing with bonus games every 7 games or so I hit diamond team (which is fine). But I feel like tournaments should t be that difficult. I get losing some close matches with similar platinum teams since I don’t have all my upgrades up yet, but i feel like I in tournaments shouldn’t be this hard this early in the switch. So just curious if other platinum players having difficulty with tournaments or just me, thanks! My team rating is 250k-270k depending on the roster I have in.
  • RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    YardGoats said:
    I went up to platinum this week and still getting some difficult matches. tournament’s constantly facing a diamond 640-ish pitcher usually once out of the 4 games. Maybe winning 1 out of every 3 tournaments. Similar thing with bonus games every 7 games or so I hit diamond team (which is fine). But I feel like tournaments should t be that difficult. I get losing some close matches with similar platinum teams since I don’t have all my upgrades up yet, but i feel like I in tournaments shouldn’t be this hard this early in the switch. So just curious if other platinum players having difficulty with tournaments or just me, thanks! My team rating is 250k-270k depending on the roster I have in.
    Went platinum on the the weekend, team strength is 290k and having the same luck as you. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    It may be late in the game to invest in moments too much and I'm not sure at platinum if you would have issues just because you're facing diamond teams but I will say this:

You need to cap your tourney-specific moments (A's, Reds, Giants). I didn't really start playing until mid-December and invested heavily in moments once at the 16-17k win threshold and diamond. Now, I run only those team players (6 capped w/tourney xfactors) and 3 b1 scrubs with 640 Langston as ace, never lose. Even to teams with greater than 100k team strength than me at times.

Thanks for the advice @dustyhunks! I’ll give that a try.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    What is the wall for silver?
    No clue, you and me are the only lowlifes in that boat and I’ve never hit it. 🤷‍♂️
    tshea510 said:
    No clue, you and me are the only lowlifes in that boat and I’ve never hit it. 🤷‍♂️

Yup bottom feeder lowlifes 🥇
    Haven’t hit it yet 🤷🏻‍♂️ Approaching 19k games. 
    Near 90% win. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Come on guys. Take the leap of faith and jump to gold. You know you want to. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited February 2022
    Lol you could go diamond right now, crush these boxes and be set here on out with those resources. I did it with 500k cash and a ridiculously low amount of gold. Stan, Scioscia, Bogaerts and Devers would make WOH so easy on Monday.
    Tell them how it is Dusty. 
    2003cobra said:
    tshea510 said:
    Come on guys. Take the leap of faith and jump to gold. You know you want to. 
    What’s the incentive?
    Idk. Peer pressure I guess 
    edited February 2022
    Lol you could go diamond right now, crush these boxes and be set here on out with those resources. I did it with 500k cash and a ridiculously low amount of gold. Stan, Scioscia, Bogaerts and Devers would make WOH so easy on Monday.
    With all due respect, my WOH on Mondays are cake. I play sparingly, get my Club rewards easily, no need to grind, leveling is easy. Been like that for years, I ain’t gonna change 😎 Too old for new tricks. It’s like The Eagles sing “Life in the Slow Lane”, or something like that

@tshea510 I’m with you. There were a lot of benefits to staying silver. Gold has been a pretty sweet spot for me but diamond life is not in my foreseeable future again. I only went gold to win a higher percent of my games.