Options

GLU——What’s the Point?

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
Every weekend “Event”, WOH disappears and reappears and disappears, etc. Yet bonus players/sets are being promoted. All other aspects of the game are stable. What’s the logic with the disappearing WOH?
Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    It's a multi-event, not royale where WoH sticks around. The Weds mult-event carried WoH over into Thursday as well. Granted, some weekends it's around longer than others. I think when Yordan was the reward it disappeared Friday night and didn't return until Sunday afternoon.
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    It's a multi-event, not royale where WoH sticks around. The Weds mult-event carried WoH over into Thursday as well. Granted, some weekends it's around longer than others. I think when Yordan was the reward it disappeared Friday night and didn't return until Sunday afternoon.
    Yes, but it’s the ONLY event that disappears. Doesn’t make any sense especially when some folks chase the bonus sets. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I imagine they do this for one of three reasons;

1- They don’t want F2P mining resources over a 3 day period. 

2- They are so far out of touch with their player base that they think that WOH is a special treat to us.

3- It gets people logging in multiple times in a day. 

"If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Yes, but it’s the ONLY event that disappears. Doesn’t make any sense especially when some folks chase the bonus sets. 
    I could be off in what you are saying and what I am assuming.  And sorry if I am but I don’t think hardly anyone chases sets purely for woh on the weekends.    
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @Mattattack I think that TShea might be referring to the fact the Reynolds from woh was needed to complete the outfield bombs set but is only available to acquire during certain unknown hours of the weekend. 
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    @Mattattack I think that TShea might be referring to the fact the Reynolds from woh was needed to complete the outfield bombs set but is only available to acquire during certain unknown hours of the weekend. 
    Gotcha.   Makes more sense.   I still think at the end of the day, if your goal is points that set isn’t as vital
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I agree. That sets not doing much for me 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited February 2022
    2003cobra said:
    Gotcha.   Makes more sense.   I still think at the end of the day, if your goal is points that set isn’t as vital

Think this may be the first time I have ever disagreed with you Matt lol, but Reynolds is actually good for multiple modes. For me anyway, he makes Honus relevant again for CVC/EB for lefties w/Pirates moments. And he will put up decent enough numbers this weekend for points considering you have the option of Houston OF L 50% moments with Tucker.

The issue I will take with WoH disappearing is related to progress being saved in tower when it comes back and the place in cycle rewards. Was at 9/10 last time it ghosted but reset to 0/10 when it came back. It's only 15k pxp but idk, I still find that annoying.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Normally, you’d be on point with the woh set, but it’s actually part of the optimal lineup this weekend. Without it, you’ll be at a huge disadvantage. Its one of the two sets I have and will likely get me mvp in a majors this weekend. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Could be off does equal very off in this case then.   The moments thing is something I haven’t fully taken the time to fully grasp this year.   But I might be playing a little more next version so a good time to learn 
  • Options
    2003cobra said:

Think this may be the first time I have ever disagreed with you Matt lol
    Well this part  just simply isn’t true lol.   But I do see your point on the rest haha  
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Every weekend “Event”, WOH disappears and reappears and disappears, etc. Yet bonus players/sets are being promoted. All other aspects of the game are stable. What’s the logic with the disappearing WOH?
    Most things in the game are designed to entice you to spend or entice you to log in and stay for a while when you get there. The latter is for obvious reasons- you can’t spend on the game when you aren’t in the game. I believe it’s why we have WOH for certain hours only and multipliers that rotate on the clock as well as things like CVC that last an hour.