chris320320chris320320 Registered Users, Member 70 Posts
Does anyone know where we can find him?

Comments

• Options
    YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Should be in pop up woh today 
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Yes another pop up woh because everyone is waiting to play the amazing event with amazing rewards. I totally understand why they do it this way.. because the event just offers to much reward. It’s amazing 👏

Out of touch slightly glu? 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I don’t think I’ve played a Thursday event in 6 months. The accolade is trash, they make you chase a specific box to complete sets, and throw in a woh (on off hours) to complete some other set. Meanwhile, tomorrow all of it gets tossed away. 
    Why would anyone play Thursday competitively?  I’m generally curious
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,787 Posts
    I don’t think I’ve played a Thursday event in 6 months. The accolade is trash, they make you chase a specific box to complete sets, and throw in a woh (on off hours) to complete some other set. Meanwhile, tomorrow all of it gets tossed away. 
    Resources for me, multiplier in CvC, event NEVER disappears on Thursdays, only on non-Royale weekends it seems. Easy peasy Thursdays and I don’t mind. It’s relaxing
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I didn’t buy a single box today(usually don’t buy weekday boxes in general). We got first and I got mvp(majors). The accolade is solid. It saves us quite a bit of gold on the weekends, which is really the only time I buy boxes. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    IDK.   If you are someone who generally spends a lot of gold on weekend events, I'd say its arguably as important as almost anything given the gold savings.  
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    IDK.   If you are someone who generally spends a lot of gold on weekend events, I'd say its arguably as important as almost anything given the gold savings.  
    I usually do, and I 100% will spend quite a bit this weekend. It’s just not a day where I’ll put in an effort unless I land the sets for free
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Yeah, idk. If you spend gold on boxes to earn those rewards then it’s not the best. If you earn it after spending gold on Wednesday for the 30% and not spending new gold Thursday, then it’s cool. It’s, what, 0.05% off boxes as the top reward? That’s 5k off for every 100k spent. If you aren’t spending more than 100-200k and it took you more than 5-10k gold to earn the reward, then it’s meh. The loss forgiveness for tournaments is fairly blah too lol
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited February 2022
    Yeah, idk. If you spend gold on boxes to earn those rewards then it’s not the best. If you earn it after spending gold on Wednesday for the 30% and not spending new gold Thursday, then it’s cool. It’s, what, 0.05% off boxes as the top reward? That’s 5k off for every 100k spent. If you aren’t spending more than 100-200k and it took you more than 5-10k gold to earn the reward, then it’s meh. The loss forgiveness for tournaments is fairly blah too lol
    This is where the game has changed. It's very reasonable to win all the top accolades(in majors) during  the week w/o even buying any boxes. Like I said earlier, I rarely buy any boxes during the week(other than potw) and I can't recall the last time we got below 2nd. I'm not exactly a moocher either. 

edit: this approach would NOT have worked in prior years. This is an amazing change that doesn't get enough love. In prior years, I used to sweat/stress over dot 30s and put in considerably more effort. Now, it's basically a given.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.