Beta is LIVE!!!

Comments

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    The auto leveling is a mixed bag. Why force someone to move up if they play casually. Or choose not to move up as to not use so many resources. Most People who do this understand their limitations within the game. But on the other hand, they’ve always had this hidden algorithm that matched you based on your wins. Why the visual ranking (tier) and a hidden ranking for matching, I’ve never understood. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Wow, I was already planning on waiting until November to really start playing again next year but it looks like I won't even have to do that. I love how they equate in the news of the update the "unfair advantage had by some" re d6 cycling w/autotap is fixed by removing any advantage of any kind for all players at any tier. I don't see how you can go from "let 'em all win" to "eff 'em all completely". Just doesn't compute.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Can we confirm this horseshît?  

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I agree with @DFBB that taking a wait and see approach is wise. Always is. At the same time, how often in the past five years has the game made changes that allowed for a cheaper way to compete? There are isolated examples but bottom line, in aggregate, the game is more expensive to compete in with each passing year. I have no doubt that these changes we are debating will prove to have the same effect. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    I agree with @DFBB that taking a wait and see approach is wise. Always is. At the same time, how often in the past five years has the game made changes that allowed for a cheaper way to compete? There are isolated examples but bottom line, in aggregate, the game is more expensive to compete in with each passing year. I have no doubt that these changes we are debating will prove to have the same effect. 
    Tbh, it's gotten a lot cheaper for me. Allstar/VIP carry over, increased rewards from d6, increased rewards from club events, increased rewards from cvc, repulls increasing a level AND rewarding XP, the minors/majors/coops brackets allowing more people to earn higher rank rewards, not needing first place for top wccolades, etc. The key is similar to your finances - saving and budgeting your resources. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I feel like a lot of change is being presented and yeah I think its best to just take a wait and see approach.

Stuff almost always gets adjusted from Beta to launch.    
    Negative report #1: there is not a single sticker available besides field pass..
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Tbh, it's gotten a lot cheaper for me. Allstar/VIP carry over, increased rewards from d6, increased rewards from club events, increased rewards from cvc, repulls increasing a level AND rewarding XP, the minors/majors/coops brackets allowing more people to earn higher rank rewards, not needing first place for top wccolades, etc. The key is similar to your finances - saving and budgeting your resources. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Good points. I still think there are so many more things to buy now, the cost is exorbitant for those who do not always win daily events to refresh gold. But this could also just be my personal experience, as I do not have the time to cycle D6 every day, or even every few days. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Are Moments the same? Do they still exist? 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:
    As now they are all just for club points only.   They are there and you can get them
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited February 2022
    tshea510 said:
    All moments are new. As I understand it, the moments will primarily be for club points(as mentioned in the first post, they will now work like the pick'em patches). The stat boosting moments that we had last year will be in the form of 'gear,' which we can buy and equip on our created legend. 

edit: i also included the gold numbers for the champ tier and champ tier plus in the first post. Basically, if the tiers are reasonable to hit, the change appears to benefit those that average 1 or fewer d6 cycles a day. Again, it remains to be seen how reasonable the tiers are. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited February 2022
    Negative report #1: there is not a single sticker available besides field pass..
    im sure walk off will have the throw back boxes :#
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    All moments are new. As I understand it, the moments will primarily be for club points(as mentioned in the first post, they will now work like the pick'em patches). The stat boosting moments that we had last year will be in the form of 'gear,' which we can buy and equip on our created legend. 

edit: i also included the gold numbers for the champ tier and champ tier plus in the first post. Basically, if the tiers are reasonable to hit, the change appears to benefit those that average 1 or fewer d6 cycles a day. Again, it remains to be seen how reasonable the tiers are. 
    We keep going in the other direction when it comes to cycling for gold. We went from unlimted d6 2 years ago, to last year setting a limit of two. And now we have none.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:

We keep going in the other direction when it comes to cycling for gold. We went from unlimted d6 2 years ago, to last year setting a limit of two. And now we have none.

Yeah, lots of 'ifs' in my post too. I don't have all the details so I'm speculating just like everyone else. 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    It sounds to me like EA has stepped in and is "Madden-izing" TSB.  Automatic level advancement, spreading resources around all the game modes, driving more revenue generation...
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    xracman said:
    It sounds to me like EA has stepped in and is "Madden-izing" TSB.  Automatic level advancement, spreading resources around all the game modes, driving more revenue generation...
    This is what I have been worried about since the acquisition. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Of **** that shit.  That’s a nail in the coffin.  I’m out
    Of **** that shit.  That’s a nail in the coffin.  I’m out
    On the surface, if everything stays “as is”, I think this company has made it a LOT easier for folks to walk away from what was once a great game.
  • rtjrnatrtjrnat Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:

Do the stat boost gear affect all applicable players in the lineups based on their team, or do they only affect My Legend?

If they affect the whole lineup and we also get to use club points moments, that's pretty awesome. If the gear only affect My Legend...that's a big waste.

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Silver life, once again, looks like it’s the good life. And if it’s not, so long, goodbye, etc, etc…..
    There is no silver life anymore. The game auto progresses you. There is no playoff. So once you win probably around 150 games you’re gold. So you can stay silver I guess if you never play any games except woh. 
    rtjrnat said:
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:

Do the stat boost gear affect all applicable players in the lineups based on their team, or do they only affect My Legend?

If they affect the whole lineup and we also get to use club points moments, that's pretty awesome. If the gear only affect My Legend...that's a big waste.

The gear will help your whole lineup. As I understand it, you will be able to use gear and moments together. 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    is Chat still defaulted to the dumbassery of Global? 
    tshea510 said:
    Silver life, once again, looks like it’s the good life. And if it’s not, so long, goodbye, etc, etc…..
    There is no silver life anymore. The game auto progresses you. There is no playoff. So once you win probably around 150 games you’re gold. So you can stay silver I guess if you never play any games except woh. 
    Oh great. Is Season mode gone as well?
    edited February 2022
    tshea510 said:
    tshea510 said:
    Oh great. Is Season mode gone as well?
    Season mode is still there and doesn't count towards progression.

fatDaddy said:
    is Chat still defaulted to the dumbassery of Global? 
    Yes.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I’m still trying to figure out this new system…

But, from what it looks like, we’re really going to need to push during events. It appears there is absolutely zero incentive to play on off event periods. What I can’t figure out is why this new level was brought into the game. It won’t affect autotapping whatsoever. It just means the guys that do it will no longer have any reason to play on off event times. 

The other thing is everyone will be at diamond after a few thousand games. So even the most casual of players won’t be able to participate. Diamond life isn’t for everyone. 

Odd choice. It wasn’t broken, so why tear it down
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I hate to agree with @CanadaCubs but yea this affects as Im sure it will others. I work nights, basically 5pm to 5am, I sleep during the events most days. I usually get my cycles in at work when the events are already over. If theres nothing to do during those OFF times then yea doesnt really give me much reason to be on the app.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I hate to agree with @CanadaCubs .
    Hater.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Has there been a valid link to pre-register for 22 yet?  I remember seeing a pop-up, but it didn't include a live link.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited February 2022
    IMO it’s a horrible decision they are alienating the lower tier teams and the casual player.. but also diamond teams with no d6. It’s a big middle finger to everyone under the guise that they are closing the competitive gap with more rewards and resources for all. 
    They for years tried to figure out a way to force players to diamond it’s what they have wanted all along. So what about all those that they are alienating? You and myself etc don’t matter new players will follow and be none the wiser. They know this. Player retention has never been their thing.
    Sure I’m all for checking it out before completely casting judgment. Hopefully it’s great 🤷🏻‍♂️. You are in absolute denial if you think this is in our favor or on glu payroll.  Rest assured they do nothing and have done nothing over the years that negatively affects their bottom line. ✌️🍻 
    IMO it’s a horrible decision they are alienating the lower tier teams and the casual player.. but also diamond teams with no d6. It’s a big middle finger to everyone under the guise that they are closing the competitive gap with more rewards and resources for all. 
    They for years tried to figure out a way to force players to diamond it’s what they have wanted all along. So what about all those that they are alienating? You and myself etc don’t matter new players will follow and be none the wiser. They know this. Player retention has never been their thing.
    Sure I’m all for checking it out before completely casting judgment. Hopefully it’s great 🤷🏻‍♂️. You are in absolute denial if you think this is in our favor or on glu payroll.  Rest assured they do nothing and have done nothing over the years that negatively affects their bottom line. ✌️🍻 
    I've seen some screenshots of cs saying we are allowed 2 d6 cycles per day just like 2021, but we all know better than to believe CS. It does, however give me a sliver of hope. For you silver and gold lifers, though, this is a huge F U. No way around it besides simply not ever playing a single bonus game, prime game, or tournament game after you reach your limit. I guess thats possible, but sure sounds awful.