Beta is LIVE!!!

Comments

• TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    I typically hold at gold for a while, then push diamond and grind later in the year.  Fwiw, I like the new format and am going to jump in with both feet.  Probably going to regret it!
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    edited February 2022
    The problem with this setup is that it’s only going to be competitive clubs that benefit. Solo CVC clubs will die fast. Evo clubs will turn into proverbial whôre houses. The resources are great, but theyre not enough without Field Pass. The constant turnover in rosters will be a challenge to sustain. I’m ok with all of this, but the casuals and non diamond players will fade out, and fast. I’m one of those players that has always gone diamond and spent, but didn’t grind out games…that’s my enjoyment level. But to force this on players is ridiculous. Its as if they are trying to bleed that last ounce of blood from their paying customer base
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    The problem with this setup is that it’s only going to be competitive clubs that benefit. Solo CVC clubs will die fast. Evo clubs will turn into proverbial whôre houses. The resources are great, but theyre not enough without Field Pass. The constant turnover in rosters will be a challenge to sustain. I’m ok with all of this, but the casuals and non diamond players will fade out, and fast. I’m one of those players that has always gone diamond and spent, but didn’t grind out games…that’s my enjoyment level. But to force this on players is ridiculous. Its as if they are trying to bleed that last ounce of blood from their paying customer base
    I’m not sure how great evo clubs will be. Without the need/reason to grind Bg and tourneys I don’t expect the gloves to be as readily available as prior seasons. My big concern is that all they is was push the major spenders further ahead. If you aren’t winning or ranking very well every event, it seems difficult to reach those champion tiers, but I guess we’ll wait to see.  
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I’m not sure how great evo clubs will be. Without the need/reason to grind Bg and tourneys I don’t expect the gloves to be as readily available as prior seasons. My big concern is that all they is was push the major spenders further ahead. If you aren’t winning or ranking very well every event, it seems difficult to reach those champion tiers, but I guess we’ll wait to see.  
    I can see that as an issue. I mean, we all know that 90% of WR players are using a tapper. So if there’s no D6 limit, then they can push through several thousands of BGs/Tourneys during the event…which in turn, gets them higher on the prize scale. Obviously there will be a monetary cost associated with this, but it seems like this model is specifically geared at the top couple of clubs. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    IMO it’s a horrible decision they are alienating the lower tier teams and the casual player.. but also diamond teams with no d6. It’s a big middle finger to everyone under the guise that they are closing the competitive gap with more rewards and resources for all. 
    They for years tried to figure out a way to force players to diamond it’s what they have wanted all along. So what about all those that they are alienating? You and myself etc don’t matter new players will follow and be none the wiser. They know this. Player retention has never been their thing.
    Sure I’m all for checking it out before completely casting judgment. Hopefully it’s great 🤷🏻‍♂️. You are in absolute denial if you think this is in our favor or on glu payroll.  Rest assured they do nothing and have done nothing over the years that negatively affects their bottom line. ✌️🍻 
    I've seen some screenshots of cs saying we are allowed 2 d6 cycles per day just like 2021, but we all know better than to believe CS. It does, however give me a sliver of hope. For you silver and gold lifers, though, this is a huge F U. No way around it besides simply not ever playing a single bonus game, prime game, or tournament game after you reach your limit. I guess thats possible, but sure sounds awful. 
    Definitely a HUGE F U. As a lifelong Silver VIP, I’ve obviously spent more than a good amount of money. I’ve enjoyed, mostly, this game even with the questionable decisions this “team” has made and the constant “fix what is not broken” mentality. But if these changes are permanent, I may be forced to say F U to this “new” company and its direction and go look for the good Dr. and see what kind of frickery is going on in MLB 9 Innings these days 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    This is worse than expected. TSB20 was my first year and I earned VIP in about 9 months. The most I’d ever spent on an ipad game was about £30 ($40) in total. This year i was determined to pay for free except for the daily stadium gold. 

Of course I only held out for so long. I’ve probably spent £500 ($665) this season and glu clearly thinks I’m not entitled to play their game to any sort of enjoyable level if I ‘only’ want to spend that amount. 

Guess I now have £500 to spend on something worth spending it on instead. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    IMO it’s a horrible decision they are alienating the lower tier teams and the casual player.. but also diamond teams with no d6. It’s a big middle finger to everyone under the guise that they are closing the competitive gap with more rewards and resources for all. 
    They for years tried to figure out a way to force players to diamond it’s what they have wanted all along. So what about all those that they are alienating? You and myself etc don’t matter new players will follow and be none the wiser. They know this. Player retention has never been their thing.
    Sure I’m all for checking it out before completely casting judgment. Hopefully it’s great 🤷🏻‍♂️. You are in absolute denial if you think this is in our favor or on glu payroll.  Rest assured they do nothing and have done nothing over the years that negatively affects their bottom line. ✌️🍻 
    I've seen some screenshots of cs saying we are allowed 2 d6 cycles per day just like 2021, but we all know better than to believe CS. It does, however give me a sliver of hope. For you silver and gold lifers, though, this is a huge F U. No way around it besides simply not ever playing a single bonus game, prime game, or tournament game after you reach your limit. I guess thats possible, but sure sounds awful. 
    Well let’s hope so! 
    I guess I’m gonna find out what diamond life is soon enough. I’m not gonna quit just yet I’ve played to long and you know that sense of investment $ is hard to give up lol Silver every year and gold only once in all the years I’ve played. So we see I’ll give it a whirl anyway  🤷🏻‍♂️
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I was seriously leaning towards not playing 22 and this new setup definitely has me not wanting to play. I’ve been tapping since 2014 and it’s going to be a hard habit to break but this should help. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    The forced leveling kind of stinks - it's only like 500 games to platinum - but potentially earning rewards without having to stop for playoffs is enticing. 

Note- I didn't see a single captcha yesterday.. I've heard it's still there, but I'm almost 500 games I didn't get one 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Captcha is basically a lightswitch that they can turn on/off. Guessing its OFF for now or it wont come into play until you reach Diamond like it was last year.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Captcha wasn’t/isn’t only at diamond in 21. I know that it’s in silver, gold and platinum. I get it within 5 games and then randomly as I play more bgs or tourneys. 

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I typically hold at gold for a while, then push diamond and grind later in the year.  Fwiw, I like the new format and am going to jump in with both feet.  Probably going to regret it!
    I’m usually more of a planner but yeah I plan on jumping up pretty blind this year and the change is kind of exciting 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Looks like my stay will be even more brief this year. Then again, if silver/gold players get auto-leveled, then the next levels become the old silver and gold. It would just push more users overall into the top buckets instead of having them sporadically scattered across all buckets. One might then suggest that only creates more chum for the alpha sharks of the game. I'll be on Team Wait-and-See, but I've needed less reason to stop playing in the past. 

And hello again, all. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    edited February 2022
    This is music to my ears. I’ve developed a game where you collect flowers and you just hit the “grow” button over and over again to get points. No auto leveling.  No captcha. Once everyone washes out of TSB, they are all mine. 

“Yes!  I just pulled an ATG orchid!”
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Base15 said:
    This is music to my ears. I’ve developed a game where you collect flowers and you just hit the “grow” button over and over again to get points. No auto leveling.  No captcha. Once everyone washes out of TSB, they are all mine. 

“Yes!  I just pulled an ATG orchid!”
    Sign me up!  I can't maintain a diamond team, so my TSB screen time will go way down.  My flower collecting will go up though.  Can't wait to pull that ATG purple carnation and pink tulip!
    Just no.  
  • jory1jory1 Registered Users, Member 100 Posts
    Rest assured they do nothing and have done nothing over the years that negatively affects their bottom line. ✌️🍻 
    I would argue that. 
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    Do we know what resources look like to get players to D10? Are those adjusted in any way (lowered)?

Reason why I've stayed gold all year is it allows casual f2p players to get a bonus guy and bring them to a competitive level without worries.  My time spent in this game doesn't favor current diamond standards. I mean it's not like they got any money out of me this past year, but the forced level up is a sure way to not get any money out of me next year either.  There's gotta be only so many of you whales keeping this game afloat...
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Haven't played in so long. Gave my team away and uninstalled like 3 or 4 months ago. 

Just checked in to see how it's going.

Whoa.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Primes out yet?
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I think there is a much larger percentage of folks that have no idea how the game actually works and are going to accidentally rocket to Diamond and get stuck because they don’t spend and play infrequently

i think you’re going to see a massive number of dead accounts a couple weeks/months in
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I think there is a much larger percentage of folks that have no idea how the game actually works.
    #facts. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited February 2022
    I think there is a much larger percentage of folks that have no idea how the game actually works and are going to accidentally rocket to Diamond and get stuck because they don’t spend and play infrequently

i think you’re going to see a massive number of dead accounts a couple weeks/months in
    Absolutely..  it’s out of the players control now. Literally will just have to stop playing to keep from leveling to soon. Sounds like a lot of fun 😕. Gotta wonder if glu/EA thought this one through? 🥴
    However maybe that’s the plan force everyone to diamond so they have to spend to basically tread water all year. And those that don’t spend well they can just go get 🍆 
    Interesting framework  
    So auto tapping is obviously still a thing going into 22… seems to be something glu either can’t address or won’t. I’m gonna lean towards won’t $. 
    With no reason to be hush 🤫 hush about it anymore and I personally give two f’s..is auto tapping only for droid or can you on iPhone? 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I welcome this challenge! At the very “end of life” ‘17, I went Gold. Learned a valuable lesson. Since, I’ve stayed Silver, happy as hell, despite not knowing how to properly play the game. While everyone raced past me to Diamond, I stayed back, built great teams and have never had problems. So……I ain’t gonna change. I’m pretty damn good at staying below the radar, no, I’m EXCELLENT at staying under the radar, so yes, I welcome the challenge. Bring it on! 

(Still waiting on frickery and curve out reports in MLB 9 Innings from the good Dr. just in case 😎) 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    Damn so you really can’t cycle d6. We have guys that have hit the champion tier already and there’s nothing for them to do in game… taps dead to me, I hope this game burns and dies a slow painful death. Whoever made this decision - go fucc yourself 

• rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    So what are these people at d6 doing
    rgh001 said:
    So what are these people at d6 doing
    The two I know have stopped playing for the rest of the weekend. Fantastic system. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Assuming you’ve locked up a top ranking it makes 0 sense to continue to play an event. You need to rank well to have a chance to reach the champ tier 70 rewards to max out all the gold you can get from it. Not that is hasn’t happened already, but it makes no sense for a competitive player to not just merge clubs and lose dead weight. You need to rank well. As far as I can see this likely pushed the casual and lower level players even farther behind. Ultimately for me I still need to see how hard/reasonable it will be to get to champ tier 70. If it’s possible without having to be a top 3-4 club every event, it may not be awful. As it was explained, if you average a cycle a day this is about an even swap for gold assuming you hit all champ tiers. If you’re 2x cycle per day you’re losing gold. The bad odds and same costs to level players are very concerning but my hope is upon full release those get adjusted.