Mookie... playing for the Nationals?

blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
Is this the start of the electronic arts influence? 

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Fukk this game. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • jory1jory1 Registered Users, Member 100 Posts
    Why would anyone play ‘22? Seriously, I’d love for someone to verbalize their argument, not just for my inquiry, but for your own sanity. No hate, no shame. Furthermore, could someone explain anything positive since the EA acquisition? 

The ATG counter is severely over priced. By my math, a 500 gold weekend box has a 75/10,000 chance of ATG. This equates to .75/100 or .75%. So, how many boxes should it theoretically take to achieve 1 ATG? Well, .75/100=1/x. Cross multiply and dividing yields x=100/.75≈133. It should take approximately 133 (500 gold) boxes to land an ATG, theoretically. Glu set the counter at 300 boxes, a 225% increase of what it should take. To put this into a gold cost, it should take 66,666 gold to acquire an ATG. Glu set the box counter cost at 150,000 gold. This number is for all boxes, give or take ~500 gold. 

Does anyone see a problem here?
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    jory1 said:
    Why would anyone play ‘22? Seriously, I’d love for someone to verbalize their argument, not just for my inquiry, but for your own sanity. No hate, no shame. Furthermore, could someone explain anything positive since the EA acquisition? 

The ATG counter is severely over priced. By my math, a 500 gold weekend box has a 75/10,000 chance of ATG. This equates to .75/100 or .75%. So, how many boxes should it theoretically take to achieve 1 ATG? Well, .75/100=1/x. Cross multiply and dividing yields x=100/.75≈133. It should take approximately 133 (500 gold) boxes to land an ATG, theoretically. Glu set the counter at 300 boxes, a 225% increase of what it should take. To put this into a gold cost, it should take 66,666 gold to acquire an ATG. Glu set the box counter cost at 150,000 gold. This number is for all boxes, give or take ~500 gold. 

So to answer it, it is currently “possible” for me to get the same results for playing much less. As someone who averages 1 d6 cycle per day, I would actually get more gold max info out champ tier 70 than I would d6 cycling 1x per day. Now, with that said, we have absolutely no idea how reasonable getting to champ tier 70 will be. If it’s not reasonable, I just simply won’t play. Just giving you a reason why I might. For now I’m not doing anything but collecting daily challenges and their clearly aren’t even close to enough champ tier tickets there. It seems heavily relied upon event rank finishes which will shut a lot of players out. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @jory1 the answer to your question is simple. It’s called addiction. Plain and simple. The new season will definitely help me to break mine!
    That’s fair, and I respect you for sharing that.
    edited February 2022
    jory1 said:

So to answer it, it is currently “possible” for me to get the same results for playing much less. As someone who averages 1 d6 cycle per day, I would actually get more gold max info out champ tier 70 than I would d6 cycling 1x per day. Now, with that said, we have absolutely no idea how reasonable getting to champ tier 70 will be. If it’s not reasonable, I just simply won’t play. Just giving you a reason why I might. For now I’m not doing anything but collecting daily challenges and their clearly aren’t even close to enough champ tier tickets there. It seems heavily relied upon event rank finishes which will shut a lot of players out. 
    My approach to the game is much different. I am just a baseball fanatic who loves unlocking players who mean everything to the game from a historical standpoint. I am in a cooperstown club by myself, looking to collect the next All Time Great player. I understand that there is much more to the game, and I respect those who compete at the highest level. But you must understand from an aesthetic point of view, this game has become hot, recycled garbage. Every week has become a duplicate of the last, and now the player images don’t even appear on screen. There has been no new All Time Greats included in this year’s version, and Glu can’t seem to figure out where their 2018 Cover Athlete plays position-wise or team-wise. Glu has completely mailed it in by all standards. Now, you can still score more points and rank where you like, but let me turn it over to your utilitarian side of the argument: what has Glu done about autotappers? 

Note: I am not talking to you personally, jalapeñocubbies, I am just asking anyone approaching the game from a pure competitive perspective. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Fukk this game. 
    Good point sir
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    edited February 2022
    jory1 said:

I started playing TSB a couple years ago, looking for something to take my attention (and CC) away from Madden Mobile. EA seems to be actively trying to kill Madden.
    What a kick in the nuts it was to hear that EA bought Glu just after I came over. I love baseball, and really enjoyed playing the end of TSB20 and all of 21, especially being able to have some fav Dodgers in my final lineup.
    Altho I am not hardcore, I have spent enough to help stuff a few Glu cookie jars. With the new auto level-up, I fear this season won't last long for me. Will wait and see. On the positive side, it could save me alot of money, just like Madden did as it turned into a burning dumpster fire over the last two years. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited February 2022
    jory1 said:
    Why would anyone play ‘22? Seriously, I’d love for someone to verbalize their argument, not just for my inquiry, but for your own sanity. 

I'm currently playing two teams in '22. A few friends are also loving the hell out of beta. My plan is to get to champ tier on both my main team and alt(this one will be tough) by 3-14-22 and play at my own pace the rest of the year. I will mooch off myself. lol Anyways, some of us actually enjoy playing the game. There's not much to argue in that respect, but to each their own.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:

Anyways, some of us actually enjoy playing the game. There's not much to argue in that respect, but to each their own.
    You’re right! I’ll stop observing the trends I see and blindly follow Glu, because problems usually solve themselves if you ignore them, but keep sympathizing with Glu dude and to each their own.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    jory1 said:
    DFBB said:

Anyways, some of us actually enjoy playing the game. There's not much to argue in that respect, but to each their own.
    You’re right! I’ll stop observing the trends I see and blindly follow Glu, because problems usually solve themselves if you ignore them, but keep sympathizing with Glu dude and to each their own.
    The trend is that it’s never been easier/cheaper to play if you don’t ‘compete,’ but sure, ignore that. Anyways, my bad for taking your comments seriously. I didn’t realize you were being rhetorical. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    The only way to settle this argument is a sword fight to the death in an equally distanced Dennys Parking lot (unpaved obviously).

Rule 1- No Shirts
    Rule 2- Shoes optional
    Rule 3- Spectators are to be Socially Distanced
    Rule 4- 12-6 Elbow rule in effect.

Punch and Pie to be served after the event. Bring the family!
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Rule 5: no touching of the hair or face
    Yes, it has never been cheaper because no one is chasing a lazily crafted 1B Hank Aaron. Just because it’s easier/cheaper does not make it enjoyable. 
    And for what it’s worth, I only signed up for this forum because CS is useless. This space literally the only way to talk about the game outside of the global cesspool. If CS did their job by actually servicing customers, I never would have signed up on here. 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    GIF dinner cena - animated GIF on GIFER
    Live from the Denny's parking lot
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    edited February 2022
    Rule #1 in Fight Club is don't talk about Fight Club 
  • blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    Now they changed Konerko from LA to ChiSox? Wth!