ATG Club Frenzy

jory1jory1 Registered Users, Member 100 Posts
Does anyone know the ATG? The announcement from a week ago says “Tier 1: ATG unlock and reveal after 1 quadrillion club points”. I assume we’re way past that tier. So where is the reveal? Anyone versed in this? Or is this another one of Glu’s patented bait-and-switch maneuvers in which they fail to deliver information? Or am I missing something?

Comments

• YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    They were off yesterday so probably sometime later this week or next they will get around to updating it.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited February 2022
    Per the news, the Payout will happen the week of March 8th for 2021 and the end of March in the 22 version
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I'm guessing it will be a pitcher, was hoiping for Seaver but that crashed today.  Seems likely to be Ryan to me. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Last time they did this they missed every announced event in the timeline except the actual release of the player.
  • jory1jory1 Registered Users, Member 100 Posts
    xracman said:
    I'm guessing it will be a pitcher, was hoiping for Seaver but that crashed today.  Seems likely to be Ryan to me. 
    I’m deeply disappointed about this. It blows my mind that Glu started releasing ATGs Sept. 24 of this season (a whole month earlier compared to Halloween of TSB20) and yet Glu outdid themselves again by falling 12 ATGs short of last year. Yes, I said that correctly—12 more ATGs in TSB20. One commenter hinted that Glu was trolling us yesterday with the lackluster skills in WOH Monday rewards. I think Glu is trolling themselves if they believe I’ll play TSB22. But then again life goes on and I am not that important to a billion dollar company. But neither are you. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited February 2022
    jory1 said:
    It blows my mind that Glu started releasing ATGs Sept. 24 of this season (a whole month earlier compared to Halloween of TSB20) and yet Glu outdid themselves again by falling 12 ATGs short of last year. Yes, I said that correctly—12 more ATGs in TSB20. 
    There was a total of 32 ATG's in 2020. There have been 26 released so far in 2021. Not sure where you're getting the short by 12 number, but with 3 weeks left in 2021 I would assume there will be 3 new ATG's released each friday, plus the potential for some for sale. The Club Frenzy ATG will be another... 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited February 2022
    I see where you're getting the "12" number from now. There were 12 ATG's that we saw last year that we haven't seen yet this year, but there haven't been 12 less ATG's released. There have been 6 less ATG's released than last year, with 3 weeks to go. Perhaps they lost the rights to a few which led to the inclusion of double Jackies, double Hanks, and double Dimaggios?

2020 ATG's:
    Bats:
    Hank Aaron, Johnny Bench, Yogi Berra, Ty Cobb, Joe Dimaggio, Jimmie Foxx, Lou Gehrig, Tony Gwynn, Rogers Hornsby, Chipper Jones, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Joe Morgan, Stan Musial, Cal Ripken JR, Jackie Robinson, Babe Ruth, Mike Schmidt, Enos Slaughter, Honus Wagner, Ted Williams (21 bats)

Arms:
    Rollie Fingers, Whitey Ford, Goose Gossage, Trevor Hoffman, Ferguson Jenkins, Christy Mathewson, Mariano Rivera, Babe Ruth, Nolan Ryan, Hoyt Wilhelm, Cy Young (11 arms)

2021 ATG's:
    Bats:
    Hank Aaron, Hank Aaron, Johnny Bench, Yogi Berra, Ty Cobb, Joe Dimaggio, Joe Dimaggio, Lou Gehrig, Rogers Hornsby, Chipper Jones, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Stan Musial, Cal Ripken JR, Jackie Robinson, Jackie Robinson, Babe Ruth, Mike Schmidt, Honus Wagner, Ted Williams (20 bats - 3 repeats)

Arms: 
    Bob Gibson, Greg Maddux, Satchel Paige, Mariano Rivera, Babe Ruth, Cy Young (6 arms)

ATG's in 20 that we haven't seen in 21: Jimmie Foxx, Tony Gwynn, Joe Morgan, Enos Slaughter, Rollie Fingers, Whitey Ford, Goose Gossage, Trevor Hoffman, Ferguson Jenkins, Christy Mathewson, Nolan Ryan, Hoyt Wilhelm (12)

ATG's in 21 that weren't in 20: Bob Gibson, Greg Maddux (2)

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I see where you're getting the "12" number from now. There were 12 ATG's that we saw last year that we haven't seen yet this year, but there haven't been 12 less ATG's released. There have been 6 less ATG's released than last year, with 3 weeks to go. Perhaps they lost the rights to a few which led to the inclusion of double Jackies, double Hanks, and double Dimaggios?

2020 ATG's:
    Bats:
    Hank Aaron, Johnny Bench, Yogi Berra, Ty Cobb, Joe Dimaggio, Jimmie Foxx, Lou Gehrig, Tony Gwynn, Rogers Hornsby, Chipper Jones, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Joe Morgan, Stan Musial, Cal Ripken JR, Jackie Robinson, Babe Ruth, Mike Schmidt, Enos Slaughter, Honus Wagner, Ted Williams (21 bats)

Arms:
    Rollie Fingers, Whitey Ford, Goose Gossage, Trevor Hoffman, Ferguson Jenkins, Christy Mathewson, Mariano Rivera, Babe Ruth, Nolan Ryan, Hoyt Wilhelm, Cy Young (11 arms)

2021 ATG's:
    Bats:
    Hank Aaron, Hank Aaron, Johnny Bench, Yogi Berra, Ty Cobb, Joe Dimaggio, Joe Dimaggio, Lou Gehrig, Rogers Hornsby, Chipper Jones, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Stan Musial, Cal Ripken JR, Jackie Robinson, Jackie Robinson, Babe Ruth, Mike Schmidt, Honus Wagner, Ted Williams (20 bats - 3 repeats)

Arms: 
    Bob Gibson, Greg Maddux, Satchel Paige, Mariano Rivera, Babe Ruth, Cy Young (6 arms)

ATG's in 20 that we haven't seen in 21: Jimmie Foxx, Tony Gwynn, Joe Morgan, Enos Slaughter, Rollie Fingers, Whitey Ford, Goose Gossage, Trevor Hoffman, Ferguson Jenkins, Christy Mathewson, Nolan Ryan, Hoyt Wilhelm (12)

ATG's in 21 that weren't in 20: Bob Gibson, Greg Maddux (2)

You are correct. I apologize for misconstruing this information. However, I find it incredibly hard to believe Glu lost rights to the missing twelve. There is almost no bullpen. This has been most frustrating, as I waited all year to acquire a somewhat full team of ATGs. What’s more frustrating is that although Santa DiMaggio was a cool surprise, literally no one asked for a 1B Hank Aaron (I’m a Milwaukee native, a huge fan). It’s a slap in the face that Seaver isn’t an ATG. He recently passed (NOT TO MENTION ONE OF THE GREATEST PITCHING TALENTS OF ALL TIME?!). Bottom line, I do not like the direction of where this game is going. The transitions from 16 to 17 to 18 to 19 to 20 have been pretty good, in my opinion. 21 on the other hand…(Chris Speier-Legend, really?) has been a farce. Glu is so out of touch with their base, it’s pathetic. What does it say when you have two Living Legends of Bryce Harper? I’m sorry, but am I to believe that Buster, Miggy, Kershaw, Trout, and Yadi are the only other current players worth the title of Living Legend? No one else?? I have never been disrespectful to anyone on this forum and quite honestly, my comments are meant to make this game better and to try to appeal to Glu so that they can make more money by releasing better players, because…NEWSFLASH!!!…people, like myself, would pay money to chase players. I’ve enjoyed this game for years, and I’ve spent a fair amount of money. I’m airing my grievances here because I’m really sick of this recycled bs. Just think about ‘18, Glu started with Babe, Gibson, Mantle, Mays, and Aaron plus a lot of LL’s. It was pretty cool. Then ‘19 we got more, and that was awesome. Last year was great! We had a bullpen!

…then this year came. And guess what? NO MORE D6 CYCLING NEXT YEAR! 

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. Bottom line, I was wrong. It’s not 12 more, but I hope you get my point. 

Thank you for your time 
    jory1 said:

literally no one asked for a 1B Hank Aaron 
    😂😂 

…but with 3 weeks left in 2021 I would assume there will be 3 new ATG's released each friday…
    Well, doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen. 
    edited February 2022
    jory1 said:

…but with 3 weeks left in 2021 I would assume there will be 3 new ATG's released each friday…
    Well, doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen. 
    Sorry, I didn’t mean three every Friday. I meant a new one each on these last three Fridays. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more the last week, but who knows. 
  • blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    Anyone hear anything about the ATG yet, or is it coming in 22?
    edited February 2022
    I asked CS yesterday and received the copy-and-paste response of "We understand your concern, and we'll be sure to pass this along to our development team" even though we are wayyyyy past 1 quadrillion club points. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    jory1 said:
    I asked CS yesterday and received the copy-and-paste response of "We understand your concern, and we'll be sure to pass this along to our development team" even though we are wayyyyy past 1 quadrillion club points. 
    All tiers were hit on that first weekend.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    jory1 said:
    Yes, I understand. So...shouldn't they hold their word and reveal the milestones? Or am I asking too much?
    What are the odds they actually payout this week?
  • blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    I think they will pay out. I sure would love to know who the ATG is tho, both 21 and 22 are boring as heck right now. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:
    jory1 said:
    @DFBB can you clarify if you have to be a part of a club that hit those tiers?  Or is it like a global number and anyone in a club gets the rewards?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:
    jory1 said:
    @DFBB can you clarify if you have to be a part of a club that hit those tiers?  Or is it like a global number and anyone in a club gets the rewards?
    It will be a global gift for everyone. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I expect that they will pay out assuming the goals were met. They have given the gift on every one of these this year as announced, just have missed some of the reveals.