Beta is LIVE!!!

Comments

• jory1jory1 Registered Users, Member 100 Posts
    edited March 2022
    tshea510 said:

What is apparent to me is that this company no longer knows, or this “new” company has no clue as to how to keep its customer base “engaged” during the wind down of the current season. I have never felt more disinterested in the final days as I do now. In the past, there have been things in place to keep interest generated. Wow, this bunch has failed miserably to date. Sad.

They’re just getting us ready for long reliever Hank Aaron tomorrow 
    I'd honestly go for that. At this point, why not? Better than anything in these boring EB boxes.

Then again, we could all use a 50th OF.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    jory1 said:
    tshea510 said:

What is apparent to me is that this company no longer knows, or this “new” company has no clue as to how to keep its customer base “engaged” during the wind down of the current season. I have never felt more disinterested in the final days as I do now. In the past, there have been things in place to keep interest generated. Wow, this bunch has failed miserably to date. Sad.

They’re just getting us ready for long reliever Hank Aaron tomorrow and another “let’s gooooo” sticker. 
    I'd honestly go for that. At this point, why not? Better than anything in these boring EB boxes.

I think I’ll like what’s coming tomorrow 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    tshea510 said:

They’re just getting us ready for long reliever Hank Aaron tomorrow and another “let’s gooooo” sticker. 
    Man I go all in for a long reliever ATG!! Call him Aaron, Bonds or Dipshitz I don’t care!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    jory1 said:
    tshea510 said:

Please explain
    edited March 2022
    jory1 said:
    jory1 said:
    tshea510 said:

Please explain
    I like switch hitters. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    So based on that….my guess is Eddie Murray, but probably another Mickey Mantle..lol
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    edited March 2022
    Favorite colour- Red
    Things you wear on your Feet- Shoes
    Professional that looks after your teeth- Dentist
    Red Bird commonly found in North America- Cardinal
    Position between 1st and 3rd Base- 2nd

That should help
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    So does this the ATG change if you have a different favorite color? Say it’s blue then you get Vida Blue, If it is brown then Kevin Brown, if it is white then Whitey Ford. Or say your fan of a variation of Red like Rose then you get Pete Rose…this was so dumb but I enjoyed thinking over players with colors in their name and decided to share anyways haha
    Damn. I really wanted a LR😭, Hank Aaron or not
    700’s 🔥 next weekend is last weekend, maybe some arms then?
    Doubtful.
    jory1 said:
    Doubtful.
    Past few years the last week had lots of keeper options 🤷‍♂️
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    So do the first 2 weeks.  I have a F Tatis 300 i am eyeing.  
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Seriously  though anyone fighting the urge to rename your team “the 700 club”?  I will see my way out.
    edited March 2022
    jory1 said:
    Doubtful.
    Past few years the last week had lots of keeper options 🤷‍♂️
    Last few years? Here is what I remember…’19 had the cactus and Grapefruit League boxes with Jose Cruz and Johnny Bench and the Dirty 30 box with Tim Wallach and DMV box with Davey Johnson and the Springtime box with Jim Rice. All of the mentioned maxes were 600 that spanned about 3 weeks. There was also the stuck-on-you box with George Brett. 

In ‘20 we had Tuesday/Thursday boxes with extra base rewards (the exact same setup we have now) the last 5 weeks with boxes featuring ATGs: Goose Gossage, Hoyt Wilhelm, Rollie Fingers, Cy Young, and Trevor Hoffman. 

I think what you’re referring to are the “20 for $20” boxes from last year featuring Tony Gwynn, Fergie Jenkins, Nolan Ryan, and (don’t quote me on this) Stan Musial—in which you paid $20 for 20 boxes with a guarantee at 100. 

Now, I have strategically saved a lot of gold throughout the last two months and really don’t have the appetite to spend $200-$300 dollars the last week.

Given what I said above, and given the current timeline, it is impossible to project what we should expect this coming week based on previous versions. There’s just no time. The past versions gave at least a few weeks after the final maxes of 600 and 610, respectively. People on here have been guessing (myself included) “ATG box next week” every week for the last month, instead only to get a now-obsolete Bob Lemon, Tony Fernandez, etc…

Needles to say, this final, huge jump from 660 to 700 in the last week is nothing more than a cash grab, a giant “F-you” in big, bold letters because every normal legend from yesterday and older is completely worthless if you plan to play ‘22. 

My hopes are low for this week. 

Hopefully I’m wrong🤷‍♀️

Edit: If Glu does decide to release ATGs this week, I believe it’ll be in the form of the “20 for $20” like last year and I think they’ll release a ton of players. People will go broke, and I feel for them. Normally, this isn’t an issue, because people have the power of free will. But, this would be dirty tactics, with Glu further cornering it’s customers into spending their entire savings on the last week, withholding players that could’ve been available the last month, siphoned into a couple days. Not cool. 
    edited March 2022
    I’m more waiting for something like that Davey Johnson box that came out on the Monday 21 was released. The Davey box and ATG boxes were the only boxes in store and davey boxes were the woh reward. 
    I think Rollie Fingers was a WOH reward too (in a box from WOH). Right around the time they released Willie Mays as a shortstop 😂
    I think Rollie Fingers was a WOH reward too (in a box from WOH). Right around the time they released Willie Mays as a shortstop 😂
    Rollie Fingers was indeed in a WOH box. If you recall, this was a Thursday rotating event in which it was one of Glu's first times introducing the on/off WOH event throughout the day. I remember this well, because WOH was only available every other hour, and your cycle progress reset each hour, thus causing much damage to my cellphone and wall.
    jory1 said:
    thus causing much damage to my cellphone and wall.
    😂😂
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Don’t miss out on these INSANE rewards. I am pumped! 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    And every link I’ve seen to pre-register takes me the newsletter sign up page, so I have no clue if I’ve actually pre-registered.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Finished d6 today and didn't receive rewards smh
    Mulderken said:
    Finished d6 today and didn't receive rewards smh
    You should have received d6 rewards, unless you finished d4, d5, and d6 before the reset?
    No rewards, I did finish 5 last night an 6 today
    that sucks 😂 message cs and try to get those rewards 
    Oh I messaged them and they said they escalated my concern to the rest of the team for review lol. No need to reply they'd get back to me once they provide an update. Smh day later still nothing 
    Lmao and I just got paid out. Nice surprise 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Given this is the Beta thread…if you haven’t been part of it, this might be the opening to leave. The biggest bait and switch was executed tonight. The D6 issue, not resolved.  The Champions Tier doesn’t give the right amount of club points. They’ve pushed the players to the edge. I’m hoping Glu/EA fixes what they’ve done. But I honestly doubt it will be enough. You really can’t fûck with your spenders this much
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
     I’m hoping Glu/EA fixes what they’ve done. But I honestly doubt it will be enough. You really can’t fûck with your spenders this much
    EA never fixes, they just keep squeezing and breaking until there is no more. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Given this is the Beta thread…if you haven’t been part of it, this might be the opening to leave. The biggest bait and switch was executed tonight. The D6 issue, not resolved.  The Champions Tier doesn’t give the right amount of club points. They’ve pushed the players to the edge. I’m hoping Glu/EA fixes what they’ve done. But I honestly doubt it will be enough. You really can’t fûck with your spenders this much
    Way back when it was announced EA was buying Glu I remember a lot of people saying “good maybe they’ll fix the game”. But a lot of us tried to remind everyone what EA does. It is certainly looking to be the traditional EA squeeze. A lot of big club players are threatening to quit. While it remains to be seen that they actually do, but if they do, maybe they’ll notice. I want D6 cycling back, but I ultimately also understand they are trying something new and they will need time to figure out if it works to. If engagement and spending is way down, they’ll make a change. If it isn’t, they’ll be proven right and they can justify the changes. End of the day it’s a waiting game for both sides on the new setup.