Atg vs legend

DodgersSFSDodgersSFS Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
Just curious if there is any benefit in choosing an atg over a legend player as a keeper?

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    That really depends on the max overall of the legend. A 660 legend will not have the same rating as a 700 ATG or a 700 legend. There’s a 40 point max overall difference between 2 of my keepers due to a weak pitching staff but that can make a big difference 
  • DodgersSFSDodgersSFS Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    So if max overall is the same , it doesnt make a difference?  I appreciate the advice!
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Then it wouldn’t make a difference 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    The odd time, they have thrown in previous years’ ATGs in to a bonus set. That’s really the only difference. Even that shouldn’t sway your decision. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • SlashlineSlashline Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    I asked here what was the difference between Legend, ATG, and Living Legend and got no help. So I emailed Support. Here is the answer I got a week later...

"Thanks for writing in!

I understand your concern that you want to know about legends, ATG and Living legend. A living legend is a person who is both alive and either famous for doing something extremely well, or very famous.

All-time Great can be described as the ultimate incarnation of anything like in sports or a person who is the greatest of all time as an athlete.

Legend is referred to past players who were great in their prime. If you require any further information, feel free to contact us by creating a new in-game ticket."

I couldn't f***ing make this incompetence up if I tried.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Theres no difference if you take them as a keeper. What your looking at is basically the hit/power ratings on the players. If the overall is the same, 700max, then it doesn't matter. Like CC said above, the only thing is an ATG might be used as a bonus player during an event in 22 at some point in the year.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Slashline said:
    I asked here what was the difference between Legend, ATG, and Living Legend and got no help. So I emailed Support. Here is the answer I got a week later...

"Thanks for writing in!

I understand your concern that you want to know about legends, ATG and Living legend. A living legend is a person who is both alive and either famous for doing something extremely well, or very famous.

All-time Great can be described as the ultimate incarnation of anything like in sports or a person who is the greatest of all time as an athlete.

Legend is referred to past players who were great in their prime. If you require any further information, feel free to contact us by creating a new in-game ticket."

I couldn't f***ing make this incompetence up if I tried.

It has been answered, but the only difference between a living legend and a legend is the living legend takes pxp and is an active player while the legend takes lxp and is a former player. An ATG also take lxp and is more expensive than normal legends, but every time the max ratings are increased the ATG’s ratings increase to the max while all other players do not. 

That’s it 🤷‍♂️ 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Lol.  He actually got (4) responses in his other thread.  Lololol
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Oh, also ATG’s are almost always bonus players for two weeks (exceptions seem to be “free” ATG's like OF Jackie Robinson and Santa Joe DiMaggio) while regular legends and living legends are bonus players for two days. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71