Beta is LIVE!!!

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    They don't understand their own game is the problem. They don't play out of pocket and realize the true nature of it. Everything in the game costs Gold and they want everyone to spend money acquiring gold instead of playing D6 for it. Like cubbies said, have to wait and see what happens. All the people they force diamond this year wont last more then a month in this game without spending a little. You get an initial push of resources when you move up and then nothing after, its a one-time thing.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited March 2022
    dkarski87 said:
    Everything in the game costs Gold and they want everyone to spend money acquiring gold instead of playing D6 for it.
    What’s funny is I spend *because* of the gold I get at d6. I buy field pass to cycle d6, I get gold. I spend gold on boxes to earn points while I cycle d6. I buy VIP sub so that gold buys more boxes, which gets me players. I use those players for event points and cvc. I buy cvc sub to score more points with said players. That’s the cycle. I’m not just going to buy everything without the biggest reward supplementing my purchases. Field pass isn’t worth what you get, it’s worth what you can do. If I’m not cycling d6, I don’t even need players for points. If I’m not earning points, rewards, and new players… then there’s no game to be played or incentive to spend 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Yeah the issue will be when primes and legends come out because they for sure aren’t going to sending everyone millions of those XPs. I actually think keepers matter the most this year for that reason. You can cap them early and I fully expect them to be staples in your lineup for a long time, just given cost to acquire players and what seems to be right now a lack of getting resources back. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I am of the opinion Walkoff will get somewhat adjusted before launch.    I think we kinda got a free ride with it for a bit given the strength of keepers.  We knew they would go back down but to adjust it mid event while making the pitchers harder for every tier but champ was a little much.  

As always a Beta is for testing and a big theme of it has been to limit the people playing it from getting a head start.  Lack of gifts as an example.   I am not gonna take anything too seriously till launch
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Yeah I'm with you Jedd, I can't get into this anymore. The guys that essentially spent the equivalent of a loaded 2021 Q50 on a mobile app, yeesh. And worse yet, the few that spent twice what I bought my first house for. Glu fairly confident they can replace that revenue stream it would seem though most likely story is...they won't even have to cause people like that won't quit.
    JEDDDOGGY said:

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    swing set gifs  WiffleGif
    Me when talking to you all about 22
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    Yeah I'm with you Jedd, I can't get into this anymore. The guys that essentially spent the equivalent of a loaded 2021 Q50 on a mobile app, yeesh. 
    I probably spent about that from 2018 through 2021. I was only a couple thousand away from Blue VIP. Gave my team away, didn't even sell it. Just didn't care. I really enjoyed the game back when it was simple and I could spend $10 and have fun. It was pretty gradual, but we went from that to needing 2+ hours just to get your team setup and the cost to play at the same level I was accustomed to was raised exponentially via all of the new components added as well as many "natural course of gameplay" perks and rewards being cut back or just jettisoned altogether.

So, admittedly, @retirepujols GIF is probably a more accurate portrayal of events in my case. I'm somewhat sad I can't log on and play the game that I used to in 2018 & 2019 (and somewhat 2020, I guess).

I’m probably one of the few but I spent significantly less in 21 than any other version, I cut back about 35-40%. Biggest thing, I stopped trying to compete in any gauntlet. I could spend forever and play all day and still be lucky to finish top 50. I still spend too much but my days of spending what I did before are gone. If that’s what is required to even be somewhat competitive now I’ll be done. Not much I can do until full release comes out and they see what, if any, engagement/revenue losses they are seeing. The problem is for 4+ years now it’s been the boy who cried Wolf. Lots of threats of quitting and boycotting and mostly no one goes anywhere. I personally know 3 large spenders(80-100k)who have actually quit, yet glu/ea keeps trekking so they are replacing some of the big guys they lose. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Everyone tends to bring up things from their own perspective so I guess I’ll share mine. 

Personally, a limit of one d6/day is ideal for me( I didn’t avg 1/day in ‘21). I actually don’t care if it goes back to 2/day, unlimited or even if it stays dead. I’ll just see how things go and if it’s still fun, I’ll still play. 

@dkarski87 actually brought up a great argument against the current system in beta, which relies on champ tokens(not counting IAP) as the primary means for gold. Inevitably, even when ‘successful,’ most people will go belly up on their way to chasing player ‘x.’ Then, there really isn’t a path to immediately recouping large chunks of gold(again, not counting IAP). At that point, you’re either going to mooch for club rewards and embrace the slow drip of champion tiers or spend your way back to relevancy. From a business standpoint, it’s actually rather sound. I just don’t know if it will work for me. Either way, I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I just think this setup it way to far towards needing it be in a top club go have any chance, and how many top clubs are there with availability? Ultimately a lot people will be left In the dark without being in a top club. If you need to consistently be top 3-4 club to hit all tiers you are cutting out most of the game. Even if you get past the fact you have to wait to recoup gold, the option to even get there seems small. I get they can make adjustments on those, the problem is what they see is reasonable often isn’t actually reasonable. They may think top 5 is fair when it should probably be top 15-20. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I’ve said it once, but the forced tiers is going to kill off way way more of this game than they think

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    E.A. Sports, If its in the game

it will cost you.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I’ve said it once, but the forced tiers is going to kill off way way more of this game than they think

Agreed 100%. I’ll give it a chance and see but if it’s not enjoyable without spending thousands of dollars then I’m done. I’m mostly a F2P player, I’ll spend maybe $100-$150 a year and I usually stay at gold level because I’ve found that’s where my team can be most competitive, again without spending tons of money. I think it was in 2018 when I moved up each level as quickly as I could and it was miserable. I had played over 8,000 games and had an overall losing record. Just getting blown out in almost every event, it was terrible. About halfway through the season I just stopped playing because it wasn’t enjoyable. I tried the new strategy in 2019 and I’ve enjoyed it since. If it goes back to what it was for me in 2018 then I’m done again. I think the mental aspect of people quitting is worse than when people actually do. It’s funny how quickly you find other things to spend your time/money on. I guess EA is willing to take a chance on if they lose lots of revenue or not, it appears they’re banking on forced levels compelling people to spend. 
  • jory1jory1 Registered Users, Member 100 Posts

Agreed 100%. I’ll give it a chance and see but if it’s not enjoyable without spending thousands of dollars then I’m done. I’m mostly a F2P player, I’ll spend maybe $100-$150 a year and I usually stay at gold level because I’ve found that’s where my team can be most competitive, again without spending tons of money. I think it was in 2018 when I moved up each level as quickly as I could and it was miserable. I had played over 8,000 games and had an overall losing record. Just getting blown out in almost every event, it was terrible. About halfway through the season I just stopped playing because it wasn’t enjoyable. I tried the new strategy in 2019 and I’ve enjoyed it since. If it goes back to what it was for me in 2018 then I’m done again. I think the mental aspect of people quitting is worse than when people actually do. It’s funny how quickly you find other things to spend your time/money on. I guess EA is willing to take a chance on if they lose lots of revenue or not, it appears they’re banking on forced levels compelling people to spend. 
    Anyone that has paid an ounce of attention will know that this game is over. These last few weeks have been an absolute joke compared to ‘20, ‘19, etc… It’s not going to get better. Everyone on here, myself included, has repeatedly said “it’ll get better” and it hasn’t. Glu and/or EA Sports are absolutely banking on our addiction. What happens when someone knows you’re addicted to something? Well, they take advantage of it and do less and less and less because they know you’ll be back no matter what. Drug dealers will start charging more for less because they can. So can Glu—and you’re seeing it now my friend. 
    edited March 2022
    Looseballsack said: It’s funny how quickly you find other things to spend your time/money on. 

I went back to playing small-to-medium stakes DFS full time. I have no idea how I went from a hobby that was pulling in a few thousand per year to a hobby that was costing me tens of thousands of dollars, but I've righted the ship so I'll chalk up the lesson learned and move on. 

In a weird way, I'm still very interested to see what happens with this game though. Coming back to look at this forum feels roughly equivalent to Facebook-stalking ex gfs.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY, everyone loves watching shît burn down…especially when it’s from an organization that gives little to no fûcks about us
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • jory1jory1 Registered Users, Member 100 Posts
    Is it Monday yet? Can't wait for this shîtshow to be over.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY, everyone loves watching shît burn down…especially when it’s from an organization that gives little to no fûcks about us
    I love coming back from time to time and seeing what new carnage people are complaining about. Better yet are the ones who say "this is the last straw," also having said that for three years now 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    This thread has been fun to read. Glad many picked up where I left off.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I love coming back from time to time and seeing what new carnage people are complaining about. Better yet are the ones who say "this is the last straw," also having said that for three years now 
    As a bystander, I’m sure it’s hilarious. From an addict, it’s painful. But I’m hopeful EA will dismantle this game once and for all. Many of us will benefit from it. I’m hearing that crack is back in style 🙌🏻
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Crack is for peasants, gasoline is where it's at.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited March 2022
    As a bystander, I’m sure it’s hilarious. From an addict, it’s painful. But I’m hopeful EA will dismantle this game once and for all. Many of us will benefit from it. I’m hearing that crack is back in style 🙌🏻

Definitely enjoyable as a former addict and bystander of almost two years. What is this though? Ea taking control of the game? Maybe the CS tickets will get better... lol

:D, one of my oldest friends on this forum. Of course, next to glubot ;)
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    March Login box spit out 3k gold tonight. Indication box is history and ‘22 dropping Monday? The end of what used to be a very good app is near?
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Yeah Monday. The end is here. 
    Should have dropped Friday but instead they chose to let us play a dead game all weekend. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Yeah Monday. The end is here. 
    Should have dropped Friday but instead they chose to let us play a dead game all weekend. 
    Not to beat a dead horse, but yeah, past end games offered excitement and profit opportunities for Glu. This end game shows what to expect in the future? Not impressed
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷