New Keeper pitcher? Please be the free Frenzy ATG.

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
edited March 2022 in General TSB Discussion

Prev1

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    They’ve had several Unreleased ATG pitchers in Barrel House. There was one from 2 weeks ago that was made up. But, it would be nice
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    They’ve had several Unreleased ATG pitchers in Barrel House. There was one from 2 weeks ago that was made up. But, it would be nice

"If you can't beat them, report them"
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I remember Smith and Hershiser, but Johnson is the first with an actual picture, so I’m hopeful.
  • jory1jory1 Registered Users, Member 100 Posts
    Remember last year? They had ATG Bob Gibson as the final arm in WOH that they never released. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

If I believed in pitcher skills at all I'd be pretty bummed that I'm already locked in. He's the pitcher equivalent of Chipper. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Holy crap. I was right about something, for once.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited March 2022

If I believed in pitcher skills at all I'd be pretty bummed that I'm already locked in. He's the pitcher equivalent of Chipper. 

Be certain that, at some level, the logic of the game THINKS they work. Even at 700 Paige gets pulled for the 9th with 640 Gagne at CL. Only reason has to be 2 "active" skills (2xLI vs 2xRHB for Paige). And Larsen, clearly with better numbers than Gagne, will only come in if he's the last man standing because of 2xHot which of course are NEVER "active" to start an inning.

edit: Even though all the ATG pitchers have the same ratings Johnson is probably the best righty option in that he will be kept in the game because of those skills.That is my theory at least. I plan on leveling him to see how this goes with Gagne still at CL.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

I chose Maddux, but I kind of wish I had brought someone before my time because names like Walter Johnson seems so much further removed from reality. Anyways, pitcher skills only work in payoff pitch and hh is a terrible skill for payoff. Glad I got him on my alt though. Can’t complain about free. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited March 2022

Be certain that, at some level, the logic of the game THINKS they work. Even at 700 Paige gets pulled for the 9th with 640 Gagne at CL. Only reason has to be 2 "active" skills (2xLI vs 2xRHB for Paige). And Larsen, clearly with better numbers than Gagne, will only come in if he's the last man standing because of 2xHot which of course are NEVER "active" to start an inning.

edit: Even though all the ATG pitchers have the same ratings Johnson is probably the best righty option in that he will be kept in the game because of those skills.That is my theory at least. I plan on leveling him to see how this goes with Gagne still at CL.
    Kinda pathetic your only option for CL is at 660-640 (this is not your fault at all, by the way). Very pathetic when we have a billion outfielders at 700 and two STL 2B ATGs. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    jory1 said:

Kinda pathetic your only option for CL is at 660-640 (this is not your fault at all, by the way). Very pathetic when we have a billion outfielders at 700 and two STL 2B ATGs. 

Don’t forget these two, the greatest relievers to ever grace this game with their presence. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    jory1 said:

Oh I know. I didn't really play until second week of December so missed out on all the ATG's prior, paid or otherwise. That's not even, if I had to pick something, what really bothers me. The fact that we're dealing with bugs 2-3 versions old still today is all you need to know about where any user stands, no matter how many shades their VIP badge may turn. The joke, unfortunately, is really on us though. Hope people realize that eventually.
    jory1 said:

Don’t forget these two, the greatest relievers to ever grace this game with their presence. 
    One of those cost $99.99. The other is the most alpha pitcher in baseball history, 2nd only to Bartolo Colón.
    jory1 said:

Oh I know. I didn't really play until second week of December so missed out on all the ATG's prior, paid or otherwise. That's not even, if I had to pick something, what really bothers me. The fact that we're dealing with bugs 2-3 versions old still today is all you need to know about where any user stands, no matter how many shades their VIP badge may turn. The joke, unfortunately, is really on us though. Hope people realize that eventually.
    Hank Aaron is an All Time Great first-baseman and Trevor Hoffman isn't a legend. This is what bothers me.
    jory1 said:
    jory1 said:

One of those cost $99.99. The other is the most alpha pitcher in baseball history, 2nd only to Bartolo Colón.
    Agreed, and Colón would wreck this game. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    jory1 said:
    jory1 said:

Agreed, and Colón would wreck this game. 
    Colón had the nastiest curves in '18 not gonna lie.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    They are so far out of touch with what players want in the game. If it weren’t for those (council) that are in direct communication with them (glu) they wouldn’t even be releasing pitchers we’ve been asking for. Because we know Fridays release will include a pitcher… which is great 👏. These are things they should know and follow after you release 343 of each position multiple duplicates and hardly any pitchers it should be obvious what players want and need in their lineup. If you wanted any indication of how out of touch they are… well there you go. 🥴
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Their legend pool must have been smaller this year. While disappointing I can’t be mad about it. I think my problem comes with the skill selection, but especially since Friday. Just been very meh players. With good skills red and posada coulda easily jumped In as keepers. I’m really hoping for a strong end these last handful of events. 
    They are so far out of touch with what players want in the game. If it weren’t for those (council) that are in direct communication with them (glu) they wouldn’t even be releasing pitchers we’ve been asking for. Because we know Fridays release will include a pitcher… which is great 👏. These are things they should know and follow after you release 343 of each position multiple duplicates and hardly any pitchers it should be obvious what players want and need in their lineup. If you wanted any indication of how out of touch they are… well there you go. 🥴
    I remain skeptical regarding the council. Something changed between this year and last. We had way more pitching ATGs last year, including a full bullpen, Whitey Ford, Christy Mathewson, Nolan Ryan, Fergie Jenkins. What happened? Did some council members discourage Glu from releasing pitchers, specifically relievers? Can anyone confirm or deny this? Because the difference in one year is glaring and we haven't had a chance at a legend reliever since early February. 
    jory1 said:
    I remain skeptical regarding the council. Something changed between this year and last. We had way more pitching ATGs last year, including a full bullpen, Whitey Ford, Christy Mathewson, Nolan Ryan, Fergie Jenkins. What happened? Did some council members discourage Glu from releasing pitchers, specifically relievers? Can anyone confirm or deny this? Because the difference in one year is glaring and we haven't had a chance at a legend reliever since early February. 
    I think people think VIP Council has far more control/input than they actually do. Having attended 2x now, it’s an awesome experience and while some things great have come out of it, it’s never anything that happens over night. I pushed for a long time to get an ATG guarantee which finally came this year. I have no idea if my constant badgering had anything to do with it or not. But, I can promise you no one brought up lowering the amount of atg pitchers, specifically relievers in fact I’d almost say the opposite regarding relievers. We have all been asking for more In the VIP discord chat. Their pool of players obviously was reduced this year, but I think most are shocked by the lack of just relievers in general let alone Atg ones. 
    edited March 2022
    jory1 said:
    I think people think VIP Council has far more control/input than they actually do. Having attended 2x now, it’s an awesome experience and while some things great have come out of it, it’s never anything that happens over night. I pushed for a long time to get an ATG guarantee which finally came this year. I have no idea if my constant badgering had anything to do with it or not. But, I can promise you no one brought up lowering the amount of atg pitchers, specifically relievers in fact I’d almost say the opposite regarding relievers. We have all been asking for more In the VIP discord chat. Their pool of players obviously was reduced this year, but I think most are shocked by the lack of just relievers in general let alone Atg ones. 
    Thank you for clarifying this. I believe you 100% but I guess I'm confused about the pool of players. Why would Glu release Gagne, Lee Smith, Don Larson, Goose, Rollie Fingers, Dennis Eckersley but not 'ATG' them? Like, they obviously have the rights to these players this year...why not make them worth something? Eckersley is effectively worthless at 500 overall. I don't get this at all.
    I was more pointing to your prior comment regarding Hoffman. But also last year Joe Morgan was an atg this year he wasn’t, but red was. I don’t agree with there choices and still doesn’t explain their lack of relievers, but yeah I promise vip council had absolutely nothing to do with that. 

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Im certainly not in the camp that believes the vip council has any control over anything. They are nothing more than a relay of information for glu under the guise of “improving” the game… now wether glu listens or not. Well…ya…it seems like they don’t. 🍻
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Their legend pool must have been smaller this year. While disappointing I can’t be mad about it. I think my problem comes with the skill selection, but especially since Friday. Just been very meh players. With good skills red and posada coulda easily jumped In as keepers. I’m really hoping for a strong end these last handful of events. 
    Welp.  Cold water to the dick.  Today’s box sucks ass

way to go out with a bang GLU
    Couldn't even come up with a clever name. Literally Wynn Box. Wynn, in the box. Troll complete.
    Yeah I was expecting a little more than that 😭 still have the weekend to “look forward to,” and potentially something on Monday? But a big oof so far ☹️
    Well, Walter Johnson is a bonus player but you can’t play the event 😂🤣
    Haha and to think that there are people anxious to preregister for ‘22! Good f***ing luck with that endeavor.

“When someone shows you who they really are, believe them”—Maya Angelou
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Just opened my box. Since when was WJ a Twin? But coming from the same clowns that had Paige an Oriole, not a huge surprise.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:
    Just opened my box. Since when was WJ a Twin? But coming from the same clowns that had Paige an Oriole, not a huge surprise.
    Senators became the Twins.