Keepers ?

spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
Keeping chipper jones
but need to decide between mantle and shoendiest?? Any thoughts?
Prev1

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    If it’s between just those 2. Definitely mantle. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Blowout won’t be too great to start off, and mantle can help in every mode. Switch helps a lot too 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Thanks👍👍
    I have alot of other all time greats but no switch hitters
    Got yogi at catcher
    Witch all time greats do you guys think are the best to keep? Thanks i got 12 of em 
    My atg are berra,gherig,shoendiest,jones,ripken,gwynn,mantle,didimaggio,bench,robinson,hornsbey, aaron,mays
    any input would be greatly appreciated thanks 😀
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Depends some on the game modes you prefer, but switch hitters with double skills are usually best.  For you that’s Chipper and Mantle.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I’d take chipper and yogi. Most will probably recommend mantle but catchers are hard to come by and yogi has good woh skills. Chipper is for sure but yeah mantle or yogi. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    spot said:
    My atg are berra,gherig,shoendiest,jones,ripken,gwynn,mantle,didimaggio,bench,robinson,hornsbey, aaron,mays
    any input would be greatly appreciated thanks 😀
    Chipper and Yogi would be the ones I’d take. Keepers are awesome for the first few months of the game. HH is an end game skill set and I’d strongly advised against it. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Thanks guys 👍👍
    Chipper abd yogi it is 😀😀
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited March 2022
    IMO…..HH skills are NOT just an end game skill. Very useful in ALL modes including WOH. No brainer to take Mantle. As far as C, ML has been very good for that spot. But hey, I’m a Silver slug, so don’t pay attention to me 😎 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • jory1jory1 Registered Users, Member 100 Posts
    I’d take Trevor Hoffman, but that’s just me. 
    HH/blowouts are terrible skills for keepers. Well, this assumes that you care about winning games/WoH. If not, carry on....
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    DFBB said:
    HH/blowouts are terrible skills for keepers. Well, this assumes that you care about winning games/WoH. If not, carry on....
    How do you figure that?
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Agreed. I LOVE HH in ALL modes. But I apparently don’t know how to play this game
  • 97lefty97lefty Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    Thoughts on the 700 posada as a keeper?
    switch hitting catcher with runners on and runners in scoring position 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    97lefty said:

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    97lefty said:
    Less than ideal. RISP is pretty bad
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    97lefty said:
    Less than ideal. RISP is pretty bad
    Unless that’s the only Moments boost you can get 😂😂
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited March 2022
    DFBB said:
    How do you figure that?

Small sample size and Chipper > Mantle in WoH easily. Also, Chipper > Mantle in those close games late.
  • rtjrnatrtjrnat Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    97lefty said:

Depending on the yankees team moment/gear, posada could be a fine keeper. A lot of Woh/Rally/Barrelhouse levels start with guys on. If the  yankee skill is woh, or first pitch, or late, posada could be a season-long mid-late round woh player as a switch hitter. Chipper (depending on bravaes gear), or appropriately skilled my legend is the closer, but having a reliable 7th level guy has value.
    edited March 2022
    DFBB said:
    How do you figure that?

Small sample size and Chipper > Mantle in WoH easily. Also, Chipper > Mantle in those close games late.
    I was going to leave it alone, but since you went there, context matters. Once you face tougher matchups(s/s only shows 761 games) the difference will be rather noticable. Against cake matchups, hh is fine. In tough matchups, he's not so hot. At all. Currently, 5.10 woh is level 7 in beta. If that continues, the guys who took Mantle(and cares about woh) will cry a pretty big river. 
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    How do you figure that?

I was going to leave it alone, but since you went there, context matters. Once you face tougher matchups(s/s only shows 761 games) the difference will be rather noticable. Against cake matchups, hh is fine. In tough matchups, he's not so hot. At all. Currently, 5.10 woh is level 7 in beta. If that continues, the guys who took Mantle(and care about woh) will cry a pretty big river. 
    I like rivers. Especially big rivers. Bring it on!
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

I was going to leave it alone, but since you went there, context matters. Once you face tougher matchups(s/s only shows 761 games) the difference will be rather noticable. Against cake matchups, hh is fine. In tough matchups, he's not so hot. At all. Currently, 5.10 woh is level 7 in beta. If that continues, the guys who took Mantle(and cares about woh) will cry a pretty big river. 
    I was also thinking that if a good portion of those 761 games were when keepers were overboosted (to 528 max or whatever it was) that would muddy the water a good bit. When his hit rating was above 500 vs. pitchers mostly under 300 stuff, Mantle would do just fine. However, now at 390 he may struggle to break the seal and activate the double boost. 
  • TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    Where is the love for Musial?
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Do you think there will be a 22?  
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    Where is the love for Musial?
    OP doesn't have him.
  • 97lefty97lefty Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    Any love for Williams or Ruth Batter