Cost of TSB

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    No moderator needed, this place is completely empty. Just like the brains of the people running this sh*tshow of a mobile game.
    I’m certain that’s by design. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Well I guess with the Joc box, this format is here to stay for the time being at least. 

Sad asf.
    Much disappoint. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited June 2022
    Yup this format is not going anywhere. As long as players are spending $. Legends will be same way. 
    You have 1 in 15,300 chance of getting struck by lightning in your LIFETIME. You have a  0.75 in 10,000 chance of pulling Joc.  Do they realize how insane the odds are? Even for the whales spending 1k a week on this game… out of reach. 
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 134 Posts
    Agreed, I have a 1 set and a prime away from completing others, sad thing is I haven't even lvl'ed up my set and don't plan on it either! Think it's time to put it into neutral and maybe just hang the Cleats up.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,785 Posts
    edited June 2022
    This Forum has been abandoned and the game is being run into the ground. So many loyal and SPENDING customers are being given a daily FU. I guess their new business strategy is to kill this forum and kill the game. And to discourage spending by me, at least. Successful on all counts. Hey Blue, Alex…..are y’all banned from this forum? Or on an EA all expense paid vacation? Not even a post card? 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Game won't change until the addicts do... not happening.  Saw a guy on facebook say he was done... then he posted his Rizzo and what he spent.  Congratulations.
    Just no.  
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    This Forum has been abandoned and the game is being run into the ground. So many loyal and SPENDING customers are being given a daily FU. I guess their new business strategy is to kill this forum and kill the game. And to discourage spending by me, at least. Successful on all counts. Hey Blue, Alex…..are y’all banned from this forum? Or on an EA all expense paid vacation? Not even a post card? 
    Alex quit a week ago. That’s how bad this game is.
  • louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    I never get involved too much on this forum, but I have followed along for the last 5 years.
    Alex was always the biggest proponent of this game. If they did enough to get him to stop playing that’s a bad thing
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Game won't change until the addicts do... not happening.  Saw a guy on facebook say he was done... then he posted his Rizzo and what he spent.  Congratulations.
    I’ll just say if I can quit anyone can. I went from spending half my day on the game to nothing at all. Just gotta do it cold turkey and move on. If people haven’t quit yet just means they haven’t reached their limit like I did. The future of the game was very clear and it didn’t involve me. You either have thousands of dollars a week to spend or you don’t. I admit, to me the game is boring if you don’t have the top players which is why I say it costs thousands to play. Without the bonus players and competing I didn’t find the game fun at all. I read through here still to help me stay away as I see the game getting progressively worse even though I haven’t played or spent since mid May. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I pop in once in a while to check the forum so I haven't kept up with much and didn't bother installing the game this year. Didn't know about EA acquiring them until I saw all the comments today. Is there a thread for "Does my lifetime VIP status transfer to EA" yet? I'd love to read the comments on that one 😏
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Everyone is upset with EA/Glu, which is rightfully so. But as seen by this weekend gauntlet, there are plenty of people still shelling out lots of cash to get that top spot. Those people are the ones who pay the bills, so EA/Glu is catering to them so they can fight amongst themselves and don’t have a non-1% joining their ranks. Change will only happen when the 1% changes the way they play/pay. 
    nick earl left 4 months ago. New management in place.
    Add to that that multiple developers left too (Mays, hitman, squirrel etc)
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    All you need to do is look at the gauntlet board. Its business as usual there so in turn things will keep being business as usual
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I’ll just say if I can quit anyone can. I went from spending half my day on the game to nothing at all. Just gotta do it cold turkey and move on. If people haven’t quit yet just means they haven’t reached their limit like I did. The future of the game was very clear and it didn’t involve me. You either have thousands of dollars a week to spend or you don’t. I admit, to me the game is boring if you don’t have the top players which is why I say it costs thousands to play. Without the bonus players and competing I didn’t find the game fun at all. I read through here still to help me stay away as I see the game getting progressively worse even though I haven’t played or spent since mid May. 
    Proud of you sir!
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    edited June 2022

Dang! It’s crazy to me that he quit. It must have went downhill fairly fast because he seemed to be all about the Champions Tier. I also would have thought that I would have quit this game way before he would ever. What’s next, the apocalypse? Geez.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts

Dang! It’s crazy to me that he quit. It must have went downhill fairly fast because he seemed to be all about the Champions Tier. I also would have thought that I would have quit this game way before he would ever. What’s next, the apocalypse? Geez.
    Champions Tier went from good potential to $1000’s per month to enjoy the game it once was. There’s no grinding left to do. It’s a heavily neglected game that is basically bleeding it’s last whales. It really isn’t a fun game anymore.  The community is dying at a rapid rate, mid spenders are gone, casuals are just around for the ride. Meanwhile, there’s about 100 players that cling to spending high volumes to compete. That isn’t a sustainable business model in the mobile gaming market. We’re talking a few hundred thousands vs millions lost
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts

Champions Tier went from good potential to $1000’s per month to enjoy the game it once was. There’s no grinding left to do. It’s a heavily neglected game that is basically bleeding it’s last whales. It really isn’t a fun game anymore.  The community is dying at a rapid rate, mid spenders are gone, casuals are just around for the ride. Meanwhile, there’s about 100 players that cling to spending high volumes to compete. That isn’t a sustainable business model in the mobile gaming market. We’re talking a few hundred thousands vs millions lost
    Yeah, we have always complained they cater to the big spenders. But it’s gotten worse and they have run off the mid tier guys. Those of us who spend little to nothing are used to this. So while the changes suck more and more each time they make them, we know our place and realize they won’t ever change the game for our enjoyment. 

But those mid tier guys who found their sweet spot with spending and gameplay, they are the ones that will really lose them money. I know one who quit this weekend. He was starting to spend more and more to keep up and couldn’t do it. So he had to stop altogether because he reached his limit with the game. It does feel like they are just draining people as much as they can before they quit. I agree with what others have said that EA is working on something else and will just drain as much money as they can from this game while they work on another game. 

‘Ol Blue was “last active” on this forum on 6/14. DFBB early hours of this morning. Not sure what all that means except this forum has been abandoned much like the game. It’s like we’re all standing around watching something die.
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    tshea510 said: It’s like we’re all standing around watching something die.
    Instead of standing around we just need to take it out back and put it out of its misery!
    Proud of you sir!
    Lol no need for the praise it was an easy decision from a financial side. I still enjoyed “playing” but the cost and other things just became too much. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2022
    I've been selected for a remote interview with TSB Research Team to discuss my overall experience with the product. So, I'll get to tell them how I spent over $50k on the game back when it wasn't terrible and now still play the game but have spent a grand total of $0 this year.

Anything specific you guys want me to tell them?  B)

JEDDDOGGY said:
    I've been selected for a remote interview with TSB Research Team to discuss my overall experience with the product. So, I'll get to tell them how I spent over $50k on the game back when it wasn't terrible and now still play the game but have spent a grand total of $0 this year.

Anything specific you guys want me to tell them?  B)

I can save you the time if you want. You can Voice your concerns. They will be recognized and no action will be taken on them because the higher ups and decision makers only care about how much money comes in. 

As I’ve said, their is no way they can look at this current product as good and a reasonable common ground to make it fun for the top spenders and non spenders. Burn ultimately the money is still coming in so they don’t care how they get it. 

Canadacub said it best. EA got their MLB license, regardless of what happens to this game or not. Which is a shame because despite what has come of the game their are some really nice and good people who work there. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @jalapenocubbies They're gonna send me a $100 gift card for participation. Plus, I'm not aiming to make change as I realize fully well that those efforts would be futile. I do have a couple things I want to say though. They can pay me $100 and they're gonna get my feedback. Don't care what they do with their notes from the meeting. They can crumple them up into a little tiny ball and then... anyway, should be a good time. 
    edited June 2022
    I would say tell them basically like you stated above we spent on the game when it was realistic to play/chase and level a player. Make the game somewhat realistic in those terms again 👍🏻
    Otherwise I’m just hanging on to see if things change at all waiting to quit spending 0. 
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @jalapenocubbies They're gonna send me a $100 gift card for participation. 
    Little did they tell you that the gift card is Glu/EA branded and can only be redeemed on Tap Baseball 2022 lol 😂 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    It's a waste of time @JEDDDOGGY but definitely take the money lol. So many people have quit the game this year like never before. They even lost both moderators and still fail to listen to any feedback. The has been a sinking ship for months and nobody at GLU seems to care. They listen to feedback but do nothing about it. I've said it many times, hands down the worst TSB version I have ever participated in. Best thing for everyone to do is finish out the current version and then part ways with the game. Its only going to get worse next year, with the new people running the game they simply don't care about anything. They complain that "the community is so toxic and negative" Here's a simple suggestion, try doing something that benefits your users instead of constantly fuking them up the ass. Maybe then you would see a turn around in the game,  the way it is now....People just aren't engaged anymore, the game is dead.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Blue is gone? It’s been 11 days since he was “active” on the forum, so I’ve been wondering about that.
    It really seems they know they are killing it. No other way to explain the current situation with the game and lack of changes to fix. All about the mlb license as someone stated previously.
    It’s really sad I hate to let the game go I really enjoyed it for years. The only game I play. 
    Very Sad 😞 
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 134 Posts
    Golf Clash is a cool game if you like golf, don't have to spend to actually have fun. I've caught myself playing it even more since this game is nosedived!