Champ Tier XP: How Does It Work?

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
Can anyone provide a through(ish) explanation of how this works? Have a couple ATGs that I'd like to level up and wondered if it would be worth choosing Champ Tier XP for my next season to get that done. If it only discounts bonus players, then that isn't going to work for my situation. 

Comments

• baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I wish they had more information on it. It didn’t really give too many details but I think they should have shown a comparison side by side what you would get by choosing one over the other. 

Glu really dropped the ball on this but I doubt that’s really surprising to anyone.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I have it and it applies to all players. I don’t have any ATGs, so I can’t tell you what the costs are for those, but with Champion XP, leveling a regular Legend from B1 to D10 is 470K LXP (assuming no accolades and no field pass).

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if the weasels at Glu lower the discount for the next season.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    buddydave said:
    I have it and it applies to all players. I don’t have any ATGs, so I can’t tell you what the costs are for those, but with Champion XP, leveling a regular Legend from B1 to D10 is 470K LXP (assuming no accolades and no field pass).

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if the weasels at Glu lower the discount for the next season.

Yep, that was my main question: bonus players only or all players? Thank you, sir! 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Definitely not just the bonus players. I checked on my older legends this morning before the event started.
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Sorry guy's, but does anyone  know if the Champion xp lvl'ing discount stacks with field pass lvl'ing  discount or not? 
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Another question, does the xp leveling discount work on My Legend and keepers.  It did not seem to discount the the leveling up of skills with evo.
    Not sure on field pass stacking as I don't buy anything from this company anymore.

Also not sure on keepers or my legend since mine are already leveled.

However, it does NOT appear to apply to player skills, which is pretty dumb considering its supposed to be a LEVELING discount and skills are things you LEVEL up. 

Anyway, its pretty decent but has some holes in it (like everything else they put out, tbh, so my expectations were quite low).
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY Just started playing 22 couple weeks ago, went diamond and then to champ tiers with little resources so chose the XP discount. Yesterday I tried WoH tower on Monday for first time. Just note that if you choose XP over gold you will face level 10 pitchers at every level of tower vs what everyone else sees (5.10 D7 Roberts right now vs D10 for me). It wasn't stated anywhere but this is the conclusion we came to as others that chose XP discount have confirmed they see level 10 pitchers as well. @jalapenocubbies

I don't think this is a huge concern if you 30/30 your keepers and ATGs but by the 4th cycle the tower was at a difficulty level for me which made it easy to give up.
  • Dis0599Dis0599 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Just hit champ and didn’t get any rewards from it?? All my club members saying I should have received a pretty decent amount of gold. Any ideas ?
    @dustyhunks Woah... never knew there was a difference in WOH difficulty. That's so weird. Although an 80 gold boost still seems to get me past 5.10
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY so how was the XP decision? Does it still hand out gold at a lower rate, or no gold at all?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY so how was the XP decision? Does it still hand out gold at a lower rate, or no gold at all?
    That's the one I chose last season, and it gave out zero gold at all, but I was able to level players all the way up to d10.  Still have over 2 mil lxp.  This game should just be called xp collection simulator.  I know having 40 million bxp isn't much in terms of the auto tap clubs, but I've never had anywhere near that... until this version.
    Just no.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    That's the one I chose last season, and it gave out zero gold at all, but I was able to level players all the way up to d10.  Still have over 2 mil lxp.  This game should just be called xp collection simulator.  I know having 40 million bxp isn't much in terms of the auto tap clubs, but I've never had anywhere near that... until this version.
    This might be a good move early in the season when the shit players aren't worth spending gold for anyways. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71