Champ Tier Q & A!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Champ tier rewards got a shiny new buff today and for those who are confused with how it works, feel free to ask. I don't have all the aswers, but hopefully, it'll all trickle in over time.
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13456

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Thanks!  How many tokens does it cost to go through it?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whynot said:
    Thanks!  How many tokens does it cost to go through it?
    I collected over 23k gold from level 1-12. I’m not certain of the exact breakdowns, but it seems reasonable so far: 

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    So do you have to level to diamond to access champion tier? And how does it work competing against other teams for rank… which rewards gold?
    So do you have to level to diamond to access champion tier? And how does it work competing against other teams for rank… which rewards gold?
    Champ tokens are spread out everywhere. The biggest chunks are in club event rewards. You will also be able to get chunks in WoH, club challenges, daily challenges, and BH, among other things. You have to be champ tier to collect(it's the tier after beating d6). If you can find yousellf a good club, it's pretty nice. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Champ tokens are spread out everywhere. The biggest chunks are in club event rewards. You will also be able to get chunks in WoH, club challenges, daily challenges, and BH, among other things. You have to be champ tier to collect(it's the tier after beating d6). If you can find yousellf a good club, it's pretty nice. 
    You’re communicating this message as if everyone is a diamond player.  Most aren’t. At what point do you stop being a Dick Sock for this company and relay actual useful and relevant information to the masses?
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    DFBB said:
    I didn’t ask about tokens but Tks. So you can only compete in champion tier if your in a club? From what you are saying I’m assume  it’s a club effort and not individual type rankings? 
    Do you just play BGS and collect rewards? Sorry massively confused 😐 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I didn’t ask about tokens but Tks. So you can only compete in champion tier if your in a club? From what you are saying I’m assume  it’s a club effort and not individual type rankings? 
    After d6 you just automatically go to champions tier and unlock whatever the hell is there. Then the more champions tokens you earn the higher champions tier you go and the more rewards you earn. You earn those tokens from both individual accomplishments (cycling woh, completing your daily and weekly challenges, prime game tiers, etc.) *and* club accomplishments (club challenges and rewards from events). 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    DFBB said:
    After d6 you just automatically go to champions tier and unlock whatever the hell is there. Then the more champions tokens you earn the higher champions tier you go and the more rewards you earn. You earn those tokens from both individual accomplishments (cycling woh, completing your daily and weekly challenges, prime game tiers, etc.) *and* club accomplishments (club challenges and rewards from events). 
    Ahhhh I see so reward depends on the amount of tokens. So we should see them for sell in store soon. Lol 
    tks 
    edited March 2022
    DFBB said:
    You’re communicating this message as if everyone is a diamond player.  Most aren’t. At what point do you stop being a Dick Sock for this company and relay actual useful and relevant information to the masses?

To be blunt, if you're not an autotapper and you think champ tier is bad, you're simply not very bright. I'll just leave it at that. If you don't plan on going past d6, just ignore champ tier altogether. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to comprehend. If you're interested in champ tier, it means that you are going past d6. 
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

To be blunt, if you're not an autotapper and you think champ tier is bad, you're simply not very bright. I'll just leave it at that. If you don't plan on going past d6, just ignore champ tier altogether. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to comprehend. If you're interested in champ tier, it means that you are going past d6. 
    First off, I’m not an idiot. Im a structural engineer, with 20 years of experience. I’m not some greasy borderline vagabond that pulls an income off social supplements while moonlighting a fantasy sports league. I comprehend everything that this game has to offer. I’m not an autotapper. I’m a usual diamond player that pays to play. I’m asking you to be honest rather than a disgusting face for a faceless company
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

First off, I’m not an idiot. Im a structural engineer, with 20 years of experience.
    I'm a stay-at-home dad, but I understand basic arithmetic. Sometimes, life just doesn't make sense. 
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

First off, I’m not an idiot. Im a structural engineer, with 20 years of experience.
    I'm a stay-at-home dad, but I understand basic arithmetic. Sometimes, life just doesn't make sense. 
    I’m not sure how that’s relevant. My question was to the general masses of the game. They will leave if the questions aren’t answered. Please stop being a cuck in this game. You’re not an employee.
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

I’m not sure how that’s relevant. 
    Shocking. 

You guys should fu.. kiss already 😘
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited March 2022
    Can I ask a question or do I have to throw shade at everyone else to get an answer? if so I can see where this forum can be Methy

BTW If I had to place bets on a winner of this fight it would be the Bear because.. to quote dwight schrute Bears beat debbys

now on to my question. I accidentally clicked on text to speech in settings and I cannot get out of it..Ideas?

Ill sit back now and wait for the balsamic thread to move over to the new forum.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I survived the Text to Chat box.  I forced restart the game, then tried to push every green box that came on the screen until I could get back to the setting menu and unclick the green box around text to chat.   This eventually worked after several tries. 

I did try to talk into the phone too, which made my 4 month old puppy look at me like I was an idiot, (which I am for playing this game.)  But seriosuly, WTF is "text to chat" suppossed to do in this game?  I think the devs are sitting back and laughing their @$$ off watching how many other idiots select that box, in between figuring out how to add more ridicuolous mathematical multipliers to this "game." 

And please bring back the different body types for My Legend.  I want that tall skinny blonde redneck with a mustache and dreads.  
    yeah it took some hammering on my screen and several cusswords but I got out of it.
    That text to chat is definitely a troll job 😂
    Good, Now I know which troll.
    edited March 2022
    I’ve never posted on global but it might be a good time to tell them how great Text to Chat is.
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    As a mid-range diamond player the last two seasons I can share that the current 2022 setup has been awesome for my play style. By launch, I had all 4 of my keepers and ML D10 and am currently sitting on close to the most gold i've ever had in any year (120k). Other than one weekend, I've been playing pretty casually and haven't spent a penny yet (although i will soon to get rid of ads). If anyone is skeptical or unsure how to feel about the new setup, I'd suggest just trying it and see what you think. I know change is scary for a lot of us long time players, but I would reserve judgement until you've got to the champions tier and played around for a bit. 
    edited March 2022
    As a mid-range diamond player the last two seasons I can share that the current 2022 setup has been awesome for my play style. By launch, I had all 4 of my keepers and ML D10 and am currently sitting on close to the most gold i've ever had in any year (120k). Other than one weekend, I've been playing pretty casually and haven't spent a penny yet (although i will soon to get rid of ads). If anyone is skeptical or unsure how to feel about the new setup, I'd suggest just trying it and see what you think. I know change is scary for a lot of us long time players, but I would reserve judgement until you've got to the champions tier and played around for a bit. 
    @DFBB burner account
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    But what about the many players whose play style was to never go past Silver/Gold? Does not sound very promising from what’s been posted. I haven’t even d/l yet 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    xracman said:
    @DFBB burner account
    I can promise you if he made a burner account it would have an Ohtani pic.
    tshea510 said:
    But what about the many players whose play style was to never go past Silver/Gold? Does not sound very promising from what’s been posted. I haven’t even d/l yet 😎
    Yea that's definitely tougher to answer lol. But again, my suggestion would just be to try it. You could either punt bgs/tournys and continue to live the silver/gold life focusing on the other modes or just let it progress you along. The good news is each tier you jump up they give you enough BXP to immediately get your team into decent shape at the new level. PXP/LXP is going to be the one big unknown im interested in. If they make it as accessible as BXP you should be fine even playing casually, but if not it might be rough. Either way I'd just try it rather than relying on any of our opinions since everyone plays differently. 
    edited March 2022
    xracman said:
    @DFBB burner account
    This made me LOL too. Just an FYI: @jmsorioles33 was in a good club so his experience shouldn't be the expectation for every f2p player. I have an f2p team that was essentially on it's own. It's not easy, but you can pick/choose your spots and have a decent team. My plan is to get to champ tier and just mooch off myself. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Is it true there are 20 more team upgrades when you hit champion?  Are players still maxed once they hit diamond, or do they have champion levels?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Is it more affordable to level players in diamond? I I like that they’re giving more gold while going through the tiers 
    edited March 2022
    whynot said:
    Is it true there are 20 more team upgrades when you hit champion?  Are players still maxed once they hit diamond, or do they have champion levels?
    The 120 thing is a display bug. Diamond is still the cap for players. 

Is it more affordable to level players in diamond? I I like that they’re giving more gold while going through the tiers 
    B1 to d10 cost went from about 365k bxp to 325k bxp. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    DFBB said:
    whynot said:
    The 120 thing is a display bug. Diamond is still the cap for players. 

B1 to d10 cost went from about 365k bxp to 325k bxp. 
    Thanks. Seeing the amount of xp, gold and cash you get from leveling seems pretty decent