Woh

97lefty97lefty Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
What’s it take to beat it right now? 
Prev1

Comments

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    probably a diamond team
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    It is a little absurd and really annoying. Even when they had WOH on Easy it has been difficult.

I have Chipper with Double First Pitch at 13/14 and Musial with same skills at 8/9. On Gold Level, they would both routinely lose on 5.7 - 5.10.

Boosts or no boosts, it didn’t seem to matter.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    WOH is always hard at the beginning of the year. Even if you have the resources to upgrade your players, their skills and your team upgrades, those players aren’t as far ahead of the pitchers as they will be later in the year. So the margin for error is very slim these early days. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    edited March 2022
    sullipa8 said:
    WOH is always hard at the beginning of the year. Even if you have the resources to upgrade your players, their skills and your team upgrades, those players aren’t as far ahead of the pitchers as they will be later in the year. So the margin for error is very slim these early days. 
    I think now that you say that I remember this last year too. So what’s the appeal then? Is it for Diamond Level players and above who spend lots of money? 

I feel like I’m ahead of the curve relative to your average player and it takes a lot of time and gold for me if I want to put in the effort to do it. 

I just don’t understand the logic behind making so it hard in the beginning. All it does it frustrate people and make people want to quit.

Glu logic I guess.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I’ve been able to cycle woh without any gold and very few retries at champions/diamond fwiw. Have 7 bats at d8-10 and 3 at p10 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I’ve been able to cycle woh without any gold and very few retries at champions/diamond fwiw. Have 7 bats at d8-10 and 3 at p10 
    And for the other 99% that play this game, we’re all screwed. I get it. I appreciate as always your insight. But I’m not changing my game play or spending habits. Hell, I haven’t played a game yet because I can’t get that sorry ass of an excuse of a CS dept to fully issue my pre-reg rewards. So, if this is the new direction, I’m out.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:
    And for the other 99% that play this game, we’re all screwed. I get it. I appreciate as always your insight. But I’m not changing my game play or spending habits. Hell, I haven’t played a game yet because I can’t get that sorry ass of an excuse of a CS dept to fully issue my pre-reg rewards. So, if this is the new direction, I’m out.
    Yeah, maybe. It’s always tough at the beginning, I’ve just had the luck so far I suppose. I also only do one cycle for the champions tokens so far, I would assume trying a cycle cap would stink. You can still stay silver/gold, you just can’t play bg/tourney/prime games. Not sure if that excites many people. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Got to back @retirepujols up here.  As most of you know I am a gold for life guy even though I dabbled in platinum the last few years.  While not excited about the changes I decided to plow ahead anyway.  

I made diamond earlier this week and with 3 keepers and ML capped I have had no problem with WOH.  Yes I had to reuse a keeper the first few times as I had nobody else leveled to diamond.  After taking another player to d10 I no longer need any help other then an 80 g boost on 5-10 occasionally.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    tshea510 said:
    Yeah, maybe. It’s always tough at the beginning, I’ve just had the luck so far I suppose. I also only do one cycle for the champions tokens so far, I would assume trying a cycle cap would stink. You can still stay silver/gold, you just can’t play bg/tourney/prime games. Not sure if that excites many people. 
    That’s excited me for years! We’ll see how it goes. But when CS still can’t provide pre-reg gifts without another damn battle, not hopeful. Hell, they can’t even fix the crashing in getting Club rewards in ‘21. Just not too excited so far in anything. 

whynot said:
    Got to back @retirepujols up here.  As most of you know I am a gold for life guy even though I dabbled in platinum the last few years.  While not excited about the changes I decided to plow ahead anyway.  

I made diamond earlier this week and with 3 keepers and ML capped I have had no problem with WOH.  Yes I had to reuse a keeper the first few times as I had nobody else leveled to diamond.  After taking another player to d10 I no longer need any help other then an 80 g boost on 5-10 occasionally.
    Encouraging, but f2p, mild spending, or open up the CC and hide it from the wife?
    tshea510 said:
    whynot said:

Encouraging, but f2p, mild spending, or open up the CC and hide it from the wife?
    I’m a VIP and have spent $30 total this year.  Bought the Monday field pass when I went platinum and diamond.  I’ll buy it again Monday to finish leveling.  My club has 4 top 10’s (never higher than 7th).

Now what will happen when I need pxp or lxp is another question but my keepers being maxed will always allow me to build resources via WOH.
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    tshea510 said:
    whynot said:

I’m a VIP and have spent $30 total this year.  Bought the Monday field pass when I went platinum and diamond.  I’ll buy it again Monday to finish leveling.  My club has 4 top 10’s (never higher than 7th).

Now what will happen when I need pxp or lxp is another question but my keepers being maxed will always allow me to build resources via WOH.
    Nice. Spending less at this point or more? With me by this time a few days in, all I’ve usually bought is stadium & endorsements. Just trying to compare
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    whynot said:
    tshea510 said:
    whynot said:

Nice. Spending less at this point or more? With me by this time a few days in, all I’ve usually bought is stadium & endorsements. Just trying to compare
    If you can grind your way to champ tier you should be able to play casually and beat woh all year for free or close to it. Getting there is tough but the champ tier rewards are crazy for casual players and u can acquire a lot of tickets without having to be in a top club.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m kinda slow playing a little still g5 which even for me though that has done the diamond grind the last 3 seasons seems quite fast.  WoH is possible with some investment (using Babe for last 2-3 RHP as even my ML struggles with 5.7 and only 2 hitters since not vip). I’ve completed it 2x in limited play this weekend.   
  • 97lefty97lefty Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    Team 75000
    Platinum level 1 
    top 5 capped platinum
    chipper,mantle,posada,Harper,adames
    chipper has highest skills at 12
    97lefty said:
    Team 75000
    Platinum level 1 
    top 5 capped platinum
    chipper,mantle,posada,Harper,adames
    chipper has highest skills at 12
    Mantle? With those sucky double HH skills? Did you cry a big river? 😂 Couldn’t resist, lol. Nice job
    3/21 lhp 

2-9

3- 3, 8, 10

4- 3, 7, 8, 10

5- 3, 4, 5, 6, 9
    - Blueleopard
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited March 2022
    Has anyone else noticed that hitter ratings are fluctuating based on what level you are on? Case in point, my Chipper Jones keeper has 3 different hit ratings depending on the level. I’ve noticed this with other players as well. At each round, the overall rating, skills, upgrades and pennants are the same. With his skills being first pitch, they are always on at the start. I used a video boost for each round. Yet you will see his hit rating is not consistent and the overall rating is different. What am I missing? Why is the rating changing each round?

edited March 2022
    I’m Silver 1. It took a while, but I beat it, for me 1 week in. And I used those sucky 2x HH Mantle on 5.9. And I didn’t cry a big river. In fact I used sucky 2x BO Red on 5.8. No rivers cried. It CAN be done at lowlife, bottom feeders like me.

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    I’m Silver 1. It took a while, but I beat it, for me 1 week in. And I used those sucky 2x HH Mantle on 5.9. And I didn’t cry a big river. In fact I used sucky 2x BO Red on 5.8. No rivers cried. It CAN be done at lowlife, bottom feeders like me.

Sounds like a nightmare, but good work!
    tshea510 said:

Sounds like a nightmare, but good work!
    It was indeed frustrating at times, but mainly because my lower round batters kinda suck to put it mildly.
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Does anyone have todays woh lineup?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    YardGoats said:
    1: LRL
    2: RLRRLRRLRL
    3: LRLLLLLLRL
    4: RRLRRLLRR 
    5: RRLLLRLLR
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited March 2022
    DFBB said:
    YardGoats said:
    1: LRL
    2: RLRRLRRLRL
    3: LRLLLLLLRL
    4: RRLRRLLRR 
    5: RRLLLRLLR
    That’s not what I’ve seen so far at all. I just ended level 2 and way different than this. I’m showing:
    1) LLRRRRLRLL 2) LRLRLRRLRL 🤷‍♂️ And your levels 4 & 5 are missing a batter. I’ve always loved a good mystery 😂
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    We’ll post the correct one!
    Jush go through your top bats and stop worrying about the platoon advantage. It's a waste of time, just blast through it. 
    Jush go through your top bats and stop worrying about the platoon advantage. It's a waste of time, just blast through it. 
    Not for me. I need all the help I can get, I’m just a scum bucket, bottom feeding Silver team remember? 😎
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    His round 3 is correct on mine. Maybe it’s different for silver, I’m diamond 
    edited March 2022
    His round 3 is indeed correct, but didn’t want to mention that 😂😂😂 But at the time, I had only done 2 levels