My thoughts on ‘22 so far

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
edited March 2022 in General TSB Discussion
I will follow this with a small list of unknowns which makes it difficult to give a full rating of the game. I read a lot of posts on Championship Tier and saw how much resources were given while progressing through the levels. I decided to jump in the deep end and go all out since downloading the game Monday evening. I am going to hit Championship Tier sometime today with D10 Keepers and ML. I did buy the medium and small FPs during the week and weekend to make the process faster. It has been fairly productive doing it this way so far. Walkoff hero is not too bad with capped Keepers and ML (vs RHP/FP) with skills at 13/13 on all. Cash might be the hardest thing to keep up at first. The rest of my team is all 5 Star regular or special players at D10 as well. (No Freeman, Zunino, or Adames) Upgrades aren’t high enough yet (60 HC, 40 Tr, 50 CP, and 50 Zone), so CVC and EB scores will be really low until I can work on that. It has been a grind this week, but this is how I wanted to do it. I know some people I play with haven’t capped their Keepers and ML and have still had some success. I guess it’s just how you want to play. 

I am not a VIP btw, so if you think I can only do this because I’m a VIP, you’re wrong. I hope this post helps anyone thinking about how to approach the game this year. This is just my experience and I’m not telling anyone to do it like I have. Play the game the way you want to. There is no right or wrong way to do it.

Now for the unknowns.
1. Championship Tier (CT) - I have heard many say you can gain a lot of resources through CT but since I’m not there yet, I don’t quite know what to expect. I’ll make an additional post once I am there. I am not in a top club at the moment, so that will affect my ability to earn the “token” if that’s what they’re called.
2. Primes and Legends - I know that is a long ways away, but since already at Diamond, I’m dreading how difficult it might be to level them when they’re released. I know it’s a resource crunch every year though.

Please add your thoughts and any concerns/unknowns I may have missed. I’m liking it so far, but only time will tell if that feeling will continue.

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I feel like a lot of us are getting the good end of champions this first time around. We got all of the resources from b1-champion in a short amount of time, and every champions season after this one won’t be that way. There won’t be one large lump sum of resources dropped on us, they’ll be earned tier by tier. 

That’s what I’m waiting for to actually get a good assessment on all of this, because I still don’t really like it. If you go for broke chasing boxes you can’t grind out d6 for more gold to keep chasing, you either have to buy gold or just wait for the weekend event to end and give up on what you’re chasing. 

I guess we’ll see, but without d6 I haven’t felt the need to buy field pass so that’s cool I guess 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    My experience has been similar to yours @navyjack77, really liking it so far. Your 2nd unknown is the big thing on my mind. With the bxp chunks from leveling up that shouldnt be a struggle for many but im really interested to see the accessibility of pxp/lxp when those times comes. In the meantime, so far so good.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I have a chart on champ tokens/tiers in the charts thread now. I would suggest trying to get in a good club. Those tokens add up real fast if you can consistently rank well. 

If you want to ignore club points/clubbing, you can still reach around level 34 if you do all the individual stuff to get tokens(WoH, Club and daily challenges, prime streaking, and BH). Doing just those things will get you 64.5k gold plus xp, cash, evo, etc. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I have a chart on champ tokens/tiers in the charts thread now. I would suggest trying to get in a good club. Those tokens add up real fast if you can consistently rank well. 

If you want to ignore club points/clubbing, you can still reach around level 34 if you do all the individual stuff to get tokens(WoH, Club and daily challenges, prime streaking, and BH). Doing just those things will get you 64.5k gold plus xp, cash, evo, etc. 

Just looked at it. Thanks for posting @dfbb. Can anyone confirm if tokens can carry over or if they have to be used in the current season.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I have always wanted more levels after Diamond. DFBB knows this. So I’m pretty excited about this champion tier. I hope it’s not a big let down.