Diamond for dummies

RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
I have a couple of quick questions for the diamond experts out there.  I haven't gone diamond since 2018, but the auto leveling and the champion tier rewards changed my view.

How many wins does it take for diamond 5 and diamond 6?

When you reach diamond 6 are you in championship tier or do you have to win more?

Is there a breakdown of tournament victories vs bonus games that helps to keep you afloat?

What level do you need to level up a bonus player to make them worthwhile for points?

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I have a couple of quick questions for the diamond experts out there.  I haven't gone diamond since 2018, but the auto leveling and the champion tier rewards changed my view.

How many wins does it take for diamond 5 and diamond 6?

When you reach diamond 6 are you in championship tier or do you have to win more?

Is there a breakdown of tournament victories vs bonus games that helps to keep you afloat?

What level do you need to level up a bonus player to make them worthwhile for points?

Thanks in advance 
    1. I believe the breakdown was 300/380/450/600/800/1000, so 800 if I remember right.
    2. You need to clear the D6 tier to get to championship tier, which is 1000 games.
    3. Cash is going to be really tough early on, I would recommend trying to minimize playing tournies until you can win them with great consistency.
    4. With matchups the way they currently are, I would say P10 at a minimum, but even that is going to be tough if you're doing BGs or tournies. Prime games P10 would be plenty. Last week I started with both POTW at p10 but eventually decided to buy more to cap both at D10 because they were hitting in the low .200s and I was losing a lot. 

Hope this helps. 
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Thanks for the info.  I haven't lost any tournaments yet.  I have leveled most of my guys. 
    I have been about 2 mil in cash for bonus games each day.  I am in Diamond 4 now.  I am trying to get to championship tier by the April 4th. 
    Its going to be tough to level guys that far every 2 days, I might have to rethink my points strategy
    Thanks for the info.  I haven't lost any tournaments yet.  I have leveled most of my guys. 
    I have been about 2 mil in cash for bonus games each day.  I am in Diamond 4 now.  I am trying to get to championship tier by the April 4th. 
    Its going to be tough to level guys that far every 2 days, I might have to rethink my points strategy
    Yea I would definitely focus your bxp on your keepers and ML first before you start to worry a bunch about scoring. Once they're done, cycling woh (especially on weekends) is pretty easy and a good source of bxp that you can sprinkle on potw and eventually good pulls that you want to level. Once you get the championship tier everything becomes much easier. Even with average effort and an average club you'll have gold and other resources to play around with. If you want, you can then convert some gold to bxp using the potw boxes, but you have lots of options. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    D5 is where I hit my wall on winning games, this was during Beta but it’s still tough from what I hear. If you are trying to rush to champ tier. I ended up spending 20k+ doing prime games to level up. You make up for it with d5 and d6 playoffs plus all the champ tier gold. Obviously if you are winning no need to do that but just a suggestion if you get stuck. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    With $0 spent (and a plan to spend $0 in the future), I wonder how far into Champ Tier I can make it without getting jailed?
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    With $0 spent (and a plan to spend $0 in the future), I wonder how far into Champ Tier I can make it without getting jailed?
    With the change to how moments work in 22', I don't think anyone is going to break 2B pts in a game for a while. HIghest i've seen is around 200M
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    With the change to how moments work in 22', I don't think anyone is going to break 2B pts in a game for a while. HIghest i've seen is around 200M

Oh I meant being jailed solely for collecting Championship Tiers. In many (if not all) past versions, if you reach diamond too quickly and are not a big spender, you get auto-jailed. So just wondering what is going to happen when I get up into Championship Tiers (not that I'm going to be getting there quickly, but just something I've been thinking about).