Champ Tier Q & A!

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2022
    Forum has turned into more of complaint center vs somewhere to actually come to just talk the game strategy or get help. I blame glu 
    You don't blame the people that hijack every thread? In any event, this has more or less, turned into an echo chamber for people that hate the game, glu, and/or EA. 

whynot said:
    I am at 4800.  Wondering if they will increase the rewards but all we can do is guess at this point.  Appreciate the input @retirepujols
    Should you decide to 'cash out,' it'll be more gold for less 'work' than you've ever had in tsb. You're exactly the type that benefits greatly from champ tier. What are your thoughts on the champ tier system?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Do the coins carry over to the next season if you haven't hit champ yet is the big question? 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

whynot said:
    I am at 4800.  Wondering if they will increase the rewards but all we can do is guess at this point.  Appreciate the input @retirepujols
    Should you decide to 'cash out,' it'll be more gold for less 'work' than you've ever had in tsb. You're exactly the type that benefits greatly from champ tier. What are your thoughts on the champ tier system?

Slightly mixed but I do feel it has been pro player to this point.I agree with everything you’ve pretty much posted on the topic in this thread.  I am an anti autotapper and this does help that issue.  I also agree that it doesn’t make sense from glu’s M.O. in the past, it seems good for the player not them.

On the flip side I am a little concerned with what happens when we no longer need bxp.  Maybe they will make another pro player adjustment?  My main issue is being diamond.  I have always avoided it because I knew it would result in me playing more, I was right 😞.  
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    whynot said:
    I am an anti autotapper and this does help that issue. 
    I'm curious why you guys think this instead of thinking it's just easier to autotap your way to first place in events for the most champions tokens 👀 the "we're in a bracket with autotappers" crying should be worse now than it was before 🤷🏻‍♂️ and manually tapping to less gold without the ability to tap for d6 outside of events doesn't seem to help? Help me understand please 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Well my objection to auto tappers has never been that they were in my bracket and beat me.  My objection is they seem to be the main guys doing points 4 gifts.  Ending p4g is all I care about, end that and you can auto tap all you want as far as I’m concerned.  

To this point I have seen very seen very little p4g action, except the silver guy offering billions 🤣.  Obviously this may just be because it’s early but a guy can hope!  Ideally the champ coins being in club rewards will discourage club hopping.  Sadly if this doesn’t work then I grudgingly have to hop back on the #bringbackcooldown train.
    - Blueleopard
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    whynot said:
    Well my objection to auto tappers has never been that they were in my bracket and beat me.  My objection is they seem to be the main guys doing points 4 gifts.  Ending p4g is all I care about, end that and you can auto tap all you want as far as I’m concerned.  

To this point I have seen very seen very little p4g action, except the silver guy offering billions 🤣.  Obviously this may just be because it’s early but a guy can hope!  Ideally the champ coins being in club rewards will discourage club hopping.  Sadly if this doesn’t work then I grudgingly have to hop back on the #bringbackcooldown train.
    It’s early. And they will find a way of milking their hardcore guys. As it stands, they’re playing a couple of hours at event start, then resting. That WILL change. You’d be an idiot to think otherwise
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    edited March 2022
    I believe the fact that I am here settles the idiot issue
    - Blueleopard
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    whynot said:
    I believe the fact that I am here settles the idiot issue
    Oh, we’re all idiots. It’s just a matter of how much
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    whynot said:

Gotcha. So you aren't against autotapping, you're against points for gifts. Makes sense 👍🏼 I wonder why they even introduced gifts in the first place (besides finding one more way to spend, of course). 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Forum has turned into more of complaint center vs somewhere to actually come to just talk the game strategy or get help. I blame glu 
    You don't blame the people that hijack every thread? In any event, this has more or less, turned into an echo chamber for people that hate the game, glu, and/or EA. 

whynot said:
    No not really I don’t blame them. I wonder 💭 if the people changed… or the game did? 🤔
    And… Tks for the help 👍🏻
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    DFBB said:

No not really I don’t blame them. I wonder 💭 if the people changed… or the game did? 🤔
    And… Tks for the help 👍🏻
    I started a complaints only thread so hopefully topics intended to help game play can stay focused, but just curious.  Do you not see it as a problem that the game is so dramatically below standard/not ready for GA, or do you just not care because the game play at Champions Level is that enthralling?
    xracman said:
    DFBB said:

And… Tks for the help 👍🏻
    I started a complaints only thread so hopefully topics intended to help game play can stay focused, but just curious.  Do you not see it as a problem that the game is so dramatically below standard/not ready for GA, or do you just not care because the game play at Champions Level is that enthralling?
    Why because I’m playing the game? It’s something to pass the time at work anymore and that’s about it.
    Not the hobby it once was. 
  • udkdonudkdon Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Mulderken said:
    Do the coins carry over to the next season if you haven't hit champ yet is the big question? 

It would be so nice if Glu would confirm this.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Those of you that bolted to Champions tier, did you just blow off upgrades?  The blue cash for those seems difficult to come by. 
    Yeah I got many questions like this one ⬆️ none seem to be answered here anymore no advice given. Maybe my questions can live vicariously through yours. I shall follow closely if so 🧐. 
    Good luck regardless 👍🏻

If it’s any consolation I currently have my upgrades at 50 and currently platinum. 
    Sitting on about 1.5 million in blue cash and probably another 1.5 mill in loyalty boxes. So just trying to not go broke and find the right balance while I move up. 
    I blew off upgrades and used cash on tournaments until about d3/d4 when tournaments became ridiculous. So I went b1 to like d3 on just tournaments and some prime games then looked at upgrades. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Base15 said:
    Those of you that bolted to Champions tier, did you just blow off upgrades?  The blue cash for those seems difficult to come by. 
    I haven't ignored them, but i've been very selective cause as you said cash is really tough. I don't really believe in a lot of them, so that does make it easy to focus on specific ones that I do think matter. The nice thing is you'll get a good bit of cash (via balls) from spending all the chunks of bxp they give you on your way up the ladder. If you're disciplined and do some evo hunting/level ups here and there you should be able to scrape by, and fade tournies as much as you can until you can win them at a high rate.

I have hitting coach at 100 - I've never spent gold on upgrades prior to this year, but with the champ tier payouts and lack of great spending options this early in the season I felt like it was a good investment.
    trainer is at 84, the rest are all pretty low as I just don't think they're very impactful. I'm sitting on about 10M cash now, but i will probably hold on other upgrades until i feel like they're needed (winning at a solid rate right now). 

If you're like me and not a hardcore grinder or FP buyer, I wouldn't sink much cash into anything but hitting coach and trainer for now until cash is easier to come by. 
    Yeah I got many questions like this one ⬆️ none seem to be answered here anymore no advice given. Maybe my questions can live vicariously through yours. I shall follow closely if so 🧐. 
    Good luck regardless 👍🏻

If it’s any consolation I currently have my upgrades at 50 and currently platinum. 
    Sitting on about 1.5 million in blue cash and probably another 1.5 mill in loyalty boxes. So just trying to not go broke and find the right balance while I move up. 
    Anything specific? I'm no guru but happy to share my experience/opinion. 
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    It is still March and I figured having the hitting at 70 and everything else at 35 or so was enough. That still gives me 5 mil cash for now.  I used a pass last week 30 percent to level my keepers and such to diamond 10. That creates more cash at a discount as balls are balls. I try to manually play cvc when i have time.
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Does Champ tier end for this period at the end day Monday?
    Just hit champ tier, for those that wonder it was around 5800 wins (didn’t look for precise number).  As for upgrades I have the coach/trainer at 84 and base running at 70, nothing else upgraded.

I didn’t have any problem winning games but was taking more losses in the last 200 wins but then again I only have a starter and reliever at d10.  Took a few other starters to d5 and problem solved.  Like last year cash is king so ya just have to decide what’s important to you.

- Blueleopard
    It ends at 3am EST after the weekend event. You can either collect the event reward tokens right after the event to cash them in for the current season or you can hold off and collect them after 3am EST to give you a jump start on the new season. The best play there depends on what championship level you're at. For example, I'm past level 60, which is the last big pay day, so I'll be holding off on collecting those weekend event tokens until the new season starts at which time ill get a ton of levels right off the bat. 
    Mulderken said:
    If you're not in champ tier, tokens will carry over. 
    It ends at 3am EST after the weekend event. You can either collect the event reward tokens right after the event to cash them in for the current season or you can hold off and collect them after 3am EST to give you a jump start on the new season. The best play there depends on what championship level you're at. For example, I'm past level 60, which is the last big pay day, so I'll be holding off on collecting those weekend event tokens until the new season starts at which time ill get a ton of levels right off the bat. 
    There will also be a timer as we get closer to the end of the season.
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Mulderken said:
    If you're not in champ tier, tokens will carry over. 
    This is so great, I don’t have to scramble through platinum and diamond! Can play at my own pace and get the champion teir next season
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    edited April 2022
    If anyone is interested in leveling a club from silver 10 to gold, my club Delta House is ready. Needs 10k gloves, but I can’t guarantee it won’t get done organically over the weekend. Offering here before global. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @Base15, long time no talk bud. If this is still open I will pop in after this level up for ya
    I’m at diamond. How much do I need to invest in my pitchers to win BGs? I hate the thought of investing heavily in reg 5 star pitchers… but can. 
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    edited April 2022
    whynot said:
    Just hit champ tier, for those that wonder it was around 5800 wins (didn’t look for precise number). 

I’m guessing that 5800 wins might be on the high side.

I just got to Diamond IV and I have 2,893 wins. 

Diamond IV takes 600 wins to complete so once I complete that, I will be at 3,493 wins with two Diamond Levels to go. 

whynot said:
    Just hit champ tier, for those that wonder it was around 5800 wins (didn’t look for precise number). 

I’m guessing that 5800 wins might be on the high side.

I just got to Diamond IV and I have 2,893 wins. 

Diamond IV takes 600 wins to complete so once I complete that, I will be at 3,493 wins with two Diamond Levels to go. 

D5 is 800 and d6 is 1,000