Champ Tier Q & A!

Comments

• baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
     D5 is 800 and d6 is 1,000”

Thanks. So I guess the total is 5,293. I’m about 2,300 away. Seems so far away still 😳
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I’m at diamond. How much do I need to invest in my pitchers to win BGs? I hate the thought of investing heavily in reg 5 star pitchers… but can. 
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated 
    Just cap them and recover your losses later. 
    I’m at diamond. How much do I need to invest in my pitchers to win BGs? I hate the thought of investing heavily in reg 5 star pitchers… but can. 
    I did.. Tks 👍🏻
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Another option might be to start a thread that relates to the question vs posting (hijacking) in a Champs (not diamond) Q&A.

Just suggesting for a friend
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    edited April 2022
    How long is a Season in Championship Tier? 

Never mind. It’s 3 weeks. 
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts

I made champion tier on Saturday.  It was about 5300 wins.  I leveled all my starters up early and I didn't regret it.  I won almost all tournaments which was key for me.  My best is Gibson, 1173-7  0.44 era.  My lowest starter was 4.5 star Ranger Suarez (good stuff rating) 1053-12 2.30 era.  When I hit Champ tier I had a fully leveled up team except 2b and My Legend is at D8.  Not happy with any of my options at 2b yet.  I had a winning pct of .988 overall.   I didn't think much about pitching in the past, but this year I tried something different.

The champion tier rewards are legit, and the game was fun for the first time in a long time.  Not sure how I will maintain the team yet, but it was fun getting here.
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

I made champion tier on Saturday.  It was about 5300 wins.  I leveled all my starters up early and I didn't regret it.  I won almost all tournaments which was key for me.  My best is Gibson, 1173-7  0.44 era.  My lowest starter was 4.5 star Ranger Suarez (good stuff rating) 1053-12 2.30 era.  When I hit Champ tier I had a fully leveled up team except 2b and My Legend is at D8.  Not happy with any of my options at 2b yet.  I had a winning pct of .988 overall.   I didn't think much about pitching in the past, but this year I tried something different.

The champion tier rewards are legit, and the game was fun for the first time in a long time.  Not sure how I will maintain the team yet, but it was fun getting here.
    Here’s your 2b

• udkdonudkdon Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    For those that bought Champ Plus, did it carry over to the new season that started today or do you have to buy it again?
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    udkdon said:
    For those that bought Champ Plus, did it carry over to the new season that started today or do you have to buy it again?
    Nope. New season, new Champions Plus. It’s so worth it though.

Thanks! Very helpful info. Its nice to know there is some light at the end of the diamond grind. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    At the end of a season, do the championship tokens automatically redeem?  I guess what I’m asking is can I accumulate them over multiple seasons to get better rewards?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Base15 said:
    At the end of a season, do the championship tokens automatically redeem?  I guess what I’m asking is can I accumulate them over multiple seasons to get better rewards?
    If you're champ tier, they will automatically redeem. If you're not champ tier, they will carry over to the next season. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited April 2022
    DFBB said:
    Base15 said:
    If you're champ tier, they will automatically redeem. If you're not champ tier, they will carry over to the next season. 
    They certainly carry over but when you redeem them you get the rewards for the season in which you earned the tokens. 

I was excited to get 2nd baseman Lowrie. But when I redeemed my rewards, (made championship tier today) I got Jason Heyward and the previous seasons rewards instead, not the current season.

That was kind of a bummer but I guess it makes sense since that’s the season I earned them in.
  • udkdonudkdon Registered Users, Member 6 Posts

I was excited to get 2nd baseman Lowrie. But when I redeemed my rewards, (made championship tier today) I got Jason Heyward and the previous seasons rewards instead, not the current season.
    Did anyone else receive Heyward this week instead of Lowrie? I'm still in Diamond but it shows I have enough tokens to get Lowrie when I make it to Champ Tier.

Thanks
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    You collect tokens before reaching champ tier right?  Anyway to see how many you have before you get there?

edited April 2022
    xracman said:
    You collect tokens before reaching champ tier right?  Anyway to see how many you have before you get there?

You can collect tokens regardless of your tier, but can only claim the champ tier rewards once you've reached champ tier. To check on your tokens, click on your progression and towards the bottom, click on the the 'more info.'

I made it to champ. I’m a little confused all of my champ tokens were redeemed immediately. Unless I accidentally redeemed them? What now how/when am I able to acquire more gold resources? Or am I done until season ends?  
    And what does Champion plus do? 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

I made it to champ. I’m a little confused all of my champ tokens were redeemed immediately. Unless I accidentally redeemed them? What now how/when am I able to acquire more gold resources? Or am I done until season ends?  
    And what does Champion plus do? 
    they gave you the old rewards and reset you back to zero for the current season. Seems like that's happening to most people which is bullshit imo
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Gotcha.. Tks buddy I understand it now. Tks. Basically collect tiers as I get tokens and champ plus is just additional. 
    Honestly it doesn’t look to bad 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Is champion plus retroactive?
    Yes, for current season only though.  New season, new champ plus.
    - Blueleopard
  • DemojeDemoje Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    What is champs plus?
  • DemojeDemoje Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I’ve lost a ton of games so far? I’m capped out on my ace pitcher and capped out on several other positions. But seem to lose a lot of games just don’t get it. 
    Demoje said:
    What is champs plus?
    $20 add-on to champ plus. It gets you 1/3 of everything in champ tier. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Demoje said:
    What is champs plus?
    $20 add-on to champ plus. It gets you 1/3 of everything in champ tier. 
    ok so what do you do when they reset you and you get the wrong player? thoughts?
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • bobbybuchey4bobbybuchey4 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I got the rewards for the last season as well but sent CS a message and got
    lowrie and the moment boxes for him. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    they fixed it, and I was 200 tokens from leveling up and got the rewards I was missing once I did.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    whynot said:
    It is not retroactive. Purchased. Nope 
    Resolved 
    whynot said:
    It is not retroactive. Purchased. Nope 
    I’m confused.  Glu announced it was retro (at least I thought they did) and now it isn’t?  Is that accurate or did your “resolved” post mean they corrected it and it is retro.

Future champs plus buyers need to know!
    - Blueleopard