Options

Leveling up too quick

HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
Idk if this is new this year, but what happened to the tournament at each level to advance to the next level grade. I’m finding myself leveling up too quick rn and not having the resources to keep up. 

What should I do to keep my team up to date with my level? 

I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole

Comments

• Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited April 2022
    They (glu/ea) removed playoffs or tournament to force players to level up. How do you keep up? Spend money which is what they want the whole reason they removed playoffs. Or… you can grind your ass off playing bonus games. Run out of bonus games?  Grind tournaments for more bonus games. Run out of cash for tournament games? Level a player to diamond turn balls in for loyalty boxes which nets blue cash. Wash rinse repeat… grinding your way through plat diamond collecting rewards and resources. Champion tier (with a good club) is supposed to have nice reward payout so im told. However A lot of players will quit as the amount of time needed to keep up without spending real money is near impossible. 
    Also great way to get xp is box repulls. Or woh if you can cycle. Good luck ✌️
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    as @mythicaldragon said, most guys will have to grind more than they’re used to or play far less and just kind of collect champions tokens. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    as @mythicaldragon said, most guys will have to grind more than they’re used to or play far less and just kind of collect champions tokens. 
    I’m in the “far less” category (S1) and loving it so far. Never, ever been S1 at this point in any year, but I’m very much enjoying playing at my pace and not Glu’s. I’ll build my team slowly, just like in the past. Or quit. We’ll see what happens.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    edited April 2022
    Champion tier (with a good club) is supposed to have nice reward payout so im told. 
    I have seen this referenced a number of times.  What is a “good club?”  Being that I only see champions tokens awarded to top 25. I am assuming that it means a club that pretty consistently finishes in the top 25. Is that correct?

The follow on question is what does it take to stay in a club that good?  I assume that means bonus guys every day and grinding out tons of games. Is that correct?

• Options
    Base15 said:
    Champion tier (with a good club) is supposed to have nice reward payout so im told. 
    I have seen this referenced a number of times.  What is a “good club?”  Being that I only see champions tokens awarded to top 25. I am assuming that it means a club that pretty consistently finishes in the top 25. Is that correct?

The follow on question is what does it take to stay in a club that good?  I assume that means bonus guys every day and grinding out tons of games. Is that correct?

If 15 of your 20 can consistently finish top 5 while 5 guys mooch you’re in a good spot. We shoot for first daily, but sometimes get smacked in the mouth and take second. But the idea of being able to not grind every single event goes a long way. Those event rewards add up fast. But, yes, everyone is expected to go hard when needed and farm when it’s not needed
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Base15 said:

If 15 of your 20 can consistently finish top 5 while 5 guys mooch you’re in a good spot. We shoot for first daily, but sometimes get smacked in the mouth and take second. But the idea of being able to not grind every single event goes a long way. Those event rewards add up fast. But, yes, everyone is expected to go hard when needed and farm when it’s not needed
    Homeboy, you’re talking like everyone grinds. It’s such a small percentage that do. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    Base15 said:

Homeboy, you’re talking like everyone grinds. It’s such a small percentage that do. 
    Nope, he asked a question about a “good club” and I gave him my definition. Of course it’s a grind. Top rewards don’t go out to guys that play 30 minutes a day 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Maybe “adequate club” is a better term
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited April 2022
    Base15 said:

Nope, he asked a question about a “good club” and I gave him my definition. Of course it’s a grind. Top rewards don’t go out to guys that play 30 minutes a day 🤷‍♂️
    Top rewards? At the end of the day, week, month, season, etc., are there cash prizes I don’t know about? Cars? All inclusive vacations? Dang, maybe I’m missing out on something. All I understand after 6 seasons, it’s a freaking mobile game where some folks think they MUST spend and grind to get what? A good team? Hell, every year so far I’ve had a GREAT team staying in the slum Silver neighborhood and I plan on doing again. I think. But yes, I’m very interested in what prizes I’m missing out on! I could use a yacht that’s not Russian owned.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Base15 said:

Everyone's idea of a good club is different. Brackets are already watered down(and will be more so when 'majors' arrives) so it shouldn't be difficult to get/keep a spot in a top 25 club if you're logging in daily and play some games here and there. You certainly don't need bonus guys every day or will you need to 'grind;' those types are usually in top 3 clubs. Even then, my club has a few guys that 'chill' and we are usually first or 2nd. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    tshea510 said:
    Base15 said:

Top rewards? At the end of the day, week, month, season, etc., are there cash prizes I don’t know about? Cars? All inclusive vacations? Dang, maybe I’m missing out on something. All I understand after 6 seasons, it’s a freaking mobile game where some folks think they MUST spend and grind to get what? A good team? Hell, every year so far I’ve had a GREAT team staying in the slum Silver neighborhood and I plan on doing again. I think. But yes, I’m very interested in what prizes I’m missing out on! I could use a yacht that’s not Russian owned.
    Or the things labeled “rewards” in the game. The lettering is pretty small, you might need your old man spectacles to see them 
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    My club was gifted to me by a nice fella. I really didn’t know what my plan was for the year until that point. So far we are a daily top 25 with two top 10s. I consider that a good club for my current level of play. Currently have about 10 players that contribute daily i lead the club nearly every event but I’m ok with that. Kick and recruit all the time.  Outside top 25 is not an “adequate” club IMO and would look elsewhere until I found one.  As the year progresses we might get to daily top 10s but it’s early.