8k game wall

mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
I am at the 8k game mark. Seemed to have hit a wall losing a alarming amount of games suddenly. I have 4 diamond starting pitchers 300..315s 335 etc.  and 4 diamond relief pitchers. Batting Upgrades are 50.. everything else maybe 20 to 15. Intangibles 0. I’m not sure how one would ever max those out? Pennants are near untouched other than braves 75%. 
Team strength 230k. I gotta be honest I’ve really enjoyed the game so far. However losing 7 out of 10 is not fun. I spent a lot to get the sets to be able put up points… now this. 
What do I need to work on? 

Note I do have a lot of bonus player p5 bats in and my diamond keepers are all on the bench. However I didn’t have trouble last weekend using gold 10 bonus players. So I don’t believe it’s that… I think I hit the wall. Looking for a way to fix this 😕

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    It’s crazy because I won more bonus games when I was silver. A ton more. 
     It just seems like a very counterproductive decision to make wins that difficult at champ… with diamond players. 🤷🏻‍♂️ A lot of players will hit this wall and quit. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I’m with you on this. I’ve noticed the same wall. It’s frustrating. I have an all maxed out Diamond lineup with only two players at 315. The rest are 320 and above. 

My starting pitchers are maxed out and two relievers as well.

I have Scherzer maxed out with a 7 level bonus game x-factor and skills each at 6. He only averages 17 strikeouts a game. He also has a whopping 6.10 ERA!!!

it is making me play less because it defeats the purpose to get a set and then not score many points because you keep losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    You cant have plat bats when your playing against other d10 teams that are fully capped. And also not having your keepers in the lineup hurts as well. Your def at that wall but should get through it soon. The reason you were winning earlier was because you were getting favourable matchups before the "the wall". D10 your bats, get those upgrades to 84 and you will be fine. Just ride it out for now and you will be fine.

Can't expect to be in Diamond and running g10 and p10 players and think your going to smash games. lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    You cant have plat bats when your playing against other d10 teams that are fully capped. And also not having your keepers in the lineup hurts as well. Your def at that wall but should get through it soon. The reason you were winning earlier was because you were getting favourable matchups before the "the wall". D10 your bats, get those upgrades to 84 and you will be fine. Just ride it out for now and you will be fine.

Can't expect to be in Diamond and running g10 and p10 players and think your going to smash games. lol
    Yeah, it’s still too early for that. So many teams have such similar players and team strengths, and keeper arms are still killing it. Once the new players are better than the keepers it should get easier, and I think at around 20k games played the matchups got better for me. Skills and X factors for the game mode you’re playing seems to be pretty vital atm 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Correction team strength is 130k. 
    So it is the same wall I hit early on in silver every year  but eventually push through. Its because everyone team strength are so similar. If that is the case I know the drill.. I just didn’t expect it at this level. Never been here before 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Note: Put in my all diamond lineup removed bonus players… same win consistency. So g-10 p-10 d-10 IT DOES NOT MATTER. It’s simply the same difficult period we all experience every year.. doesn’t matter what you do. 
    But it will get better maybe next bump or two. Same shit new year. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Your TS seems very low if your in Diamond and 130k TS. Need to get the skills up to at-least 10-15 on your regular rosters players when you play bgs and tourneys. Your still going to lose alot of games, everyone is. There are people who capped all upgrades to 100/100 and still losing. Its just the RNG nature of the game.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Your TS seems very low if your in Diamond and 130k TS. Need to get the skills up to at-least 10-15 on your regular rosters players when you play bgs and tourneys. Your still going to lose alot of games, everyone is. There are people who capped all upgrades to 100/100 and still losing. Its just the RNG nature of the game.
    Tk you 👍🏻
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Tk you 👍🏻
    To get a little more specific, I would focus on bumping up your hitting coach to at least 84, higher if you can afford it. I would also suggest pumping the breaks a little bit on partially leveling guys just for pts until you've got your core roster in a good spot (all D10). Instead, maybe pick one or two guys to fully cap that actually help your team as well (on top of bonus points) and leave the rest at b1. It's fun to have all those bonus guys but if you're losing 70% it doesn't amount to much lol. 
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Tk you 👍🏻
    To get a little more specific, I would focus on bumping up your hitting coach to at least 84, higher if you can afford it. 
    Is there any tangible way to tell if these upgrades make a difference and which modes?  I’m at 84 but never go higher because I don’t understand how to see the results. I just trust it helps more but does it?  
    dkarski87 said:
    Tk you 👍🏻
    To get a little more specific, I would focus on bumping up your hitting coach to at least 84, higher if you can afford it. I would also suggest pumping the breaks a little bit on partially leveling guys just for pts until you've got your core roster in a good spot (all D10). Instead, maybe pick one or two guys to fully cap that actually help your team as well (on top of bonus points) and leave the rest at b1. It's fun to have all those bonus guys but if you're losing 70% it doesn't amount to much lol. 
    My team is currently all d 10 and I only cap players that make my team. I never spend myself in a hole usually always capable of leveling the next best roster spot pull. Not taking my skills above 10 unless it’s a keeper. I just don’t see it as worth it right now for players I’m just gonna replace at the end of month. All of this strategy is really not different than silver I planned and built my team the same now as then. 145k is current team strength. P-10 or d-10 line up didn’t matter over the weekend was losing 70%. I don’t think upgrades will change that.. but appreciate the info. Will probably continue to slowly work on upgrades and ride out this UNAVOIDABLE yearly losing slump. Tks 👍🏻

• baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Tk you 👍🏻
    To get a little more specific, I would focus on bumping up your hitting coach to at least 84, higher if you can afford it. 
    Is there any tangible way to tell if these upgrades make a difference and which modes?  I’m at 84 but never go higher because I don’t understand how to see the results. I just trust it helps more but does it?  
    Whenever I think about upgrading because I’m losing games, this is the quote I come back to:

“There are people who capped all upgrades to 100/100 and still losing.”
    dkarski87 said:
    Tk you 👍🏻
    Whenever I think about upgrading because I’m losing games, this is the quote I come back to:

“There are people who capped all upgrades to 100/100 and still losing.”
    100% truth. They mean 💩right now 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Was winning 98% of games before 6500 wins, since I’m roughly 1400-270.  Fully capped lineup save for my two keepers at D8, 4 D10 starters and D3 keeper (ran out of exp).  Hit/power at 80, pitcher upgrades are 66/63, clutch and in the zone at 78, momentum at 55, aces at 50.   Bullpen was neglected mostly just low gold guys.  Skills are at 10 for regular starting players and TS at 146k.  Bottlenecks for improvement seem to be chiefly exp and evo, especially evo for skills for keepers.  I don’t level players unless they’re upgrades or are WoH guys to cycle.  I like the champ tier stuff just wish there was something to grind for in between (D6 cycling meant even if I played at 4am the games went toward something tangible) now at midnight unless there’s EB or CVC I just log off.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    I wonder how all this 💩 is affecting glu’s bottom line, if at all?