Championship gold rewards nerfed hard

SBxIronmanSBxIronman Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
Who didn’t see this coming? And that in game news post, wording it like they did us all a favor. What a f$&@ing joke. 

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Man… absolute bs. So bummed. Doesn’t look like it’s worth the grind anymore 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Don’t know what everyone is complaining about, I think, saves me $19.99 a month.  

Thanks Glu!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • SBxIronmanSBxIronman Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
    It’s definitely saving me that as well. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Lol it's the glu/EA way, so I'm not surprised.  So glad I didn't race to champ tier.  Maybe by July
    Just no.  
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Meanwhile, back home in Silver Slums………😎😎😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Glu Apolgist telling you how this is actually a good thing in 3, 2, 1.....
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    xracman said:
    Glu Apolgist telling you how this is actually a good thing in 3, 2, 1.....
    I dont think ur gonna find them on this change lol
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Absolutely love it. Now I'm spending even less time on the game and not spending any real money anymore. Thanks glu, totally killed my desire to play at all today. Why bother spending hours chasing tokens when I'll never hit them top tiers
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Ahhhh, relaxing in my Silver Slum abode, watching reruns of Green Acres and Petticoat Junction, dang those were funny shows back in the days. Oh yeah, play a bit of WOH and read the forums during commercial breaks. How the heavy hitters doin? Hope all is well..
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    We can relax easily in diamond too. I’ve never played so few games or woh in there.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited April 2022
     lovingcurves said:
    We can relax easily in diamond too. I’ve never played so few games or woh in there.
    Yeah I just hit champion tier yesterday with the new season. So... you don't even have to play X number of games anymore? Just collect the tokens? 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
     lovingcurves said:
    Yeah I just hit champion tier yesterday with the new season. So... you don't even have to play X number of games anymore? Just collect the tokens? 
    Correct. The only reason for playing a bunch is club/mvp ranking. If those aren’t high or aren’t cared about, there’s no reason to play more than a handful of games for tokens 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    There's no doubt this hurts the more casual player a ton.

Since I've come back to the game, i've tried to pick my spots a bit more and decided against Champ+ this last weekend for last season.    Had I known the change would have been this drastic I would have definitely ended up buying it.   But I guess the good news is I am not tempted in the least bit to buy it this time.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    What level do you need to get to for the gold to be equivalent to last season?
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    The amount of xp in champ rewards is laughable. Not that it was any better before. But why even bother it’s so little it changes nothing for a daily player. Evo is a little better this round… bonus games are so few…again why even bother.