Champ Tier Q & A!

12346Next

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    What tier is the average player getting to? I am an Itty bitty fish now in a teeny tiny club (we do finish top 3 daily though) and only made it to level 50. Gold total was 66k, which over 3 weeks is about 3k gold per day. I can now most definitely see why they switched to this lol but how in the world people could think this is better is beyond me. Go from potential 16k per day to 3k gold per day? Yeah thats not good lol
    I mean not too many itty bitty fish cranking through two D6 cycles a day. Basically the way you laid it out, if you're winning less than 375 games per day, you did better with champ tiers than you would have done with the 21' structure. Not to mention you're getting things in addition to that 66k gold in champ tiers. 

To be clear, it has gotten nerfed each season and im not excited to see how this new one looks. So not a ringing endorsement, but just commenting on your specific situation. 

Notice how he said “potential” 16k per day. The option to do two cycles in a day was there for everyone and it gave you a goal to reach (whether that was your goal daily or not) and rewards to look forward to. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    What tier is the average player getting to? I am an Itty bitty fish now in a teeny tiny club (we do finish top 3 daily though) and only made it to level 50. Gold total was 66k, which over 3 weeks is about 3k gold per day. I can now most definitely see why they switched to this lol but how in the world people could think this is better is beyond me. Go from potential 16k per day to 3k gold per day? Yeah thats not good lol
    Agreed, I still most definitely prefer d6 cycles. I hit tier 80 of champs (went over the tokens needed) and it doesn’t even let you cycle back to the lower tiers of champions lol. I really don’t like the system, especially over weekends. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2022
    Right, I am not winning > 375 games per day. But that's mainly because it wouldn't really help any. I might be inclined to belt out more than that if there any rewards to be had for doing so. But there's not, so... meh.

And we also got things in addition to gold in previous years, although last year they did nerf the evo at D6. The player (Hoskins) is nice, for sure, so there are some good things about it. I do think most of us would rather have gold than the other trinkets they toss in there like blue cash, bonus games, x factor boxes, ice wraps, franchise coins, etc etc.

I will say that the Champions Plus add-on is probably one of the best deals in the whole game now, though. I could pay $19.99 this morning and get like 16k gold and a good chunk of xp (and all the other stuff, but I only care about gold & xp, really).

So eh, idk, maybe just I'm kind of torn here. It is nice to not have to play a ton now, I suppose. I'm looking at all the gold I used to be able to get, but I'm also sort of blocking out how much work it was to obtain it.

EDIT: This was in response to @jmsorioles33 but I was too dumb to hit the quote button I guess 

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Right, I am not winning > 375 games per day. But that's mainly because it wouldn't really help any. I might be inclined to belt out more than that if there any rewards to be had for doing so. But there's not, so... meh.

And we also got things in addition to gold in previous years, although last year they did nerf the evo at D6. The player (Hoskins) is nice, for sure, so there are some good things about it. I do think most of us would rather have gold than the other trinkets they toss in there like blue cash, bonus games, x factor boxes, ice wraps, franchise coins, etc etc.

I will say that the Champions Plus add-on is probably one of the best deals in the whole game now, though. I could pay $19.99 this morning and get like 16k gold and a good chunk of xp (and all the other stuff, but I only care about gold & xp, really).

So eh, idk, maybe just I'm kind of torn here. It is nice to not have to play a ton now, I suppose. I'm looking at all the gold I used to be able to get, but I'm also sort of blocking out how much work it was to obtain it.

Def not better for everyone, was just trying to answer the "how in the world people could think this is better," question lol. 
    Everyone is now also apparently free to autotap as they wish lol so they really only cared about cheating to the extent that it effected their bottom line. Meaning that, they finally figured out that the cost of man hours/development for remediation of cheating/exploits/etcetera was not worth it. They can instead just let everyone cheat and actually make more money by replacing D6 with another system that gives 25% of the ceiling for rewards.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    edited May 2022
    They reduced the gold for each Champ tier again—this time by approx. 15%. 

Such a shady company.
    buddydave said:

Such a shady company.

Reason I stopped giving them any money at all, whatsoever.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    I assume the $20 extra in Championship Tier is charged every season?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I assume the $20 extra in Championship Tier is charged every season?
    Yes.

Personally, I wait until the season is about to end before deciding on Champ plus. This way, I'll know exactly how much I'll get and it also creates a buffer where I have access to a lump sum of gold.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Cheers DFBB. 
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    I’m less than 900 games away from champ tier, currently at level 73 (almost 13000 tokens). Is it better to jump to the champ tier before Monday or wait until the tier resets on Monday? Thanks for the help!
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I am 20 games away and level 78. I was trying to get to level 80 before going, but am interested to hear opinions on the previous post. 
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I just went Champion tier this past weekend event, seems no matter when you go you will only collect the 1st season rewards like I did. 🤷‍♂️
    YardGoats said:
    I’m less than 900 games away from champ tier, currently at level 73 (almost 13000 tokens). Is it better to jump to the champ tier before Monday or wait until the tier resets on Monday? Thanks for the help!
    I would certainly make the jump. Things can always change, but as of now, the champ tiers don't reset/extend once you hit level 80. 

Base15 said:
    I am 20 games away and level 78. I was trying to get to level 80 before going, but am interested to hear opinions on the previous post. 
    Congrats buddy! You will want to make that jump asap and as of this writing, you should have an extra surprise. lol

I just went Champion tier this past weekend event, seems no matter when you go you will only collect the 1st season rewards like I did. 🤷‍♂️
    I believe CS can adjust this for you. 
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts

Would it really be worth the trouble, I did make a really good payday on gold! Sometimes Silence is Golden!
    I believe CS can adjust this for you

• YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    @DFBB strategy wise don’t the last 5 tiers have the most gold? So if I went up once the new season started I could get those higher tiers. Instead of starting all over. Or is it better to start from the beginning since I could potentially lose out on using the champ tokens?
    edited June 2022
    YardGoats said:
    @DFBB strategy wise don’t the last 5 tiers have the most gold? So if I went up once the new season started I could get those higher tiers. Instead of starting all over. Or is it better to start from the beginning since I could potentially lose out on using the champ tokens?
    Yup, but I guess it depends on how much you play. If you're real casual and ignore club points, then it's probably a good gamble because you can then hit lvl 80 by just doing WoH, challenges, BH, etc. 
    Bring back d6 cycles 
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Bring back d6 cycles 

Would be nice!  
  • wbloganwblogan Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    How many games are you playing a day? I’m a daily player about to get to champions. Some days it’s a lot, some it’s a little. I always feel a step behind since I can’t spend a lot on the gam
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    wblogan said:
    How many games are you playing a day? I’m a daily player about to get to champions. Some days it’s a lot, some it’s a little. I always feel a step behind since I can’t spend a lot on the gam
    I’m Silver. Again. Enough said. 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷