RIP TSB22

jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
I’ll start this by saying I was already barely playing the last 2 weeks. Essentially getting my coins and moving on. But looking at the new setup today, if that doesn’t make everyone just stop playing I don’t know what will. The foils are only part of a set with a prime who is guaranteed at 200,000 gold! So to get the top set on the guarantee you only have to drop 275,000 gold! So after dismantling champ tier this is their next move? 

Whoever is behind these decisions is off their meds. There isn’t enough gold in the world to keep this up weekly and we’re only at primes. I imagine Legends and ATGs will probably cost organs or limbs at this point. Seriously though. I’m glad they’ve made it so much easier for me to not play, they just think we are stupid and maybe we are for putting up with this. 
Prev1

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I quit before last season ended. Gave my blue VIP team away. Was so over it, I didn't even try to sell it. Just gave it to some guy (he was a happy lil feller).

Still checking this forum every now and again, I saw the new Champ Tier setup and thought I'd give the game a try again. Except, this time, no money/spending. I've been actually having a lot of fun and whereas in seasons prior the Prime Harper setup would have infuriated me, today I just laughed and proceeded to open the other boxes. I'll probably play a little WOH this weekend and play the bare minimum amount of games to help our club get a good placement in the event for Champ tokens.

I've spent $0 this year, so I feel zero investment in this game at all. I just play it periodically throughout the day when I'm bored. 

Have they released any earnings reports recently (TSB-only, not the entire catalog of games)? Would be neat to take a peek at them. I know about half, probably more, of the big spenders I was hanging with over the last few years are long gone.
  • blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    This is the EA affect. They will drive this thing into the ground. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    .66% chance on the Prime. 😂😂😂 Yup, these morons are wasting no time destroying what’s left of this game.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I quit before last season ended. Gave my blue VIP team away. Was so over it, I didn't even try to sell it. Just gave it to some guy (he was a happy lil feller).

Still checking this forum every now and again, I saw the new Champ Tier setup and thought I'd give the game a try again. Except, this time, no money/spending. I've been actually having a lot of fun and whereas in seasons prior the Prime Harper setup would have infuriated me, today I just laughed and proceeded to open the other boxes. I'll probably play a little WOH this weekend and play the bare minimum amount of games to help our club get a good placement in the event for Champ tokens.

I've spent $0 this year, so I feel zero investment in this game at all. I just play it periodically throughout the day when I'm bored. 

Have they released any earnings reports recently (TSB-only, not the entire catalog of games)? Would be neat to take a peek at them. I know about half, probably more, of the big spenders I was hanging with over the last few years are long gone.
    Yeah I had 300k gold saved up so I spent it all, I’ll be done. Seemed like a waste to keep it there. Besides as the new champ tiers start coming we will probably start having to pay gold to level up tiers the rate this is going. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    My guess is this will be a one weekend thing.   I can't imagine this new system will be successful.

I have come to expect that when primes drop only the 0.001 will get them and level them so with that attitude I am just choosing to sit back and enjoy the chaos.

But this drop is still much worse then previous years and its not close 
    My guess is this will be a one weekend thing.   I can't imagine this new system will be successful.

I have come to expect that when primes drop only the 0.001 will get them and level them so with that attitude I am just choosing to sit back and enjoy the chaos.

But this drop is still much worse then previous years and its not close 
    I’ll just add I’m not sure what they’ve done the last year (not counting what they did at the end of last season raising the odds, the game was basically over at that point) that would make you or anything think this isn’t the new system. Look how quickly they shifted the champ tier stuff and how quickly they want people spending the gold. 275,000 gold to get the top set on a weekend in May. If the goal was to make the game more attainable for the non 1% top spenders and this is what they came up with? 
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I opened up the app, rolled my eyes, and headed for woh. 
    I will tell you what, though. I am much happier with my 340 Lindor with (free) evo skills than I would be trying to level a prime to a 310ish rating because I don't have any more kidneys to sell on black market to buy specials for pxp.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I will tell you what, though. I am much happier with my 340 Lindor with (free) evo skills than I would be trying to level a prime to a 310ish rating because I don't have any more kidneys to sell on black market to buy specials for pxp.
    I didn’t buy any specials, I spent all my gold to get Harper on the counter and get enough pxp to level him. I think I spent about another 50k on the box after I got him to have enough pxp. Old me never would have done that. I just don’t care anymore. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Remember when all those guys were excited to replace d6 with champions? 🤮 Good luck replacing your gold quickly after you don't quit 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    At least it made global extra entertaining today.
    Just no.  
    Remember when all those guys were excited to replace d6 with champions? 🤮 Good luck replacing your gold quickly after you don't quit 
    Yep, I already admitted how wrong I was with champ tier. It was great the first season and they have quickly made it awful. This new 200k prime guarantee just makes it that much worse. The champ tier changes, this new prime set up all stink and they spent more man hours getting rid of minors to majors than they did actually fixing the game issues. Anyone else enjoy the new update when you go to set your lineup and there are 1-3 subs between every player, or when you donate loyalty it doesn’t actually show it as spent until you click around. But yeah those guys who get a few extra coins on the weekend were really tearing this game apart 🙄. 
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    And this isn’t just some random rant.  This is from a not too long ago vip of the monther and maybe part of vip council as well saying this.  
    And this isn’t just some random rant.  This is from a not too long ago vip of the monther and maybe part of vip council as well saying this.  
    Half of those guys have just been friends of dfbb. It doesn’t really mean much, tbh. Most of them are in his former club before he joined the “anti-cheating” legendary outlawz 🙃 the council is just a circle jerk. Nobody gives a flying fvck about it and little to nothing comes from it 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • boompahboompah Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Guys, it’s a preview!  I took it at that. Looked at it, said “oh that’s nice”, and opened different boxes. I’m sure next weekend the odds for a prime will almost double to 1%!!!!!!
    edited May 2022
    DFBB joined... *gulp*... the Legendary Outlawz??? Hope those guys don't glitch any level ups or anything wild like that... 

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    boompah said:
    Guys, it’s a preview!  I took it at that. Looked at it, said “oh that’s nice”, and opened different boxes. I’m sure next weekend the odds for a prime will almost double to 1%!!!!!!
    It’s more of an experiment to gauge how stupid it’s customer base is. Primes will drop in June and they’ll have around 2 weeks to strategize another way to rape the customer.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    boompah said:
    It’s more of an experiment to gauge how stupid it’s customer base is. Primes will drop in June and they’ll have around 2 weeks to strategize another way to rape the customer.
    And there are plenty of 'em that's for sure.
    Just no.  
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    @retirepujols for VIP Council. Make D6 Cycles Great Again 💪
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    @retirepujols for VIP Council. Make D6 Cycles Great Again 💪
    You better stop it 🤣 go back to making that habanero maple syrup 
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    I had more fun with d6 cycling 
  • rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    I don’t want to be a team player 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    This thread is almost as good as glubot was.

😎🍿🥤
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did I just get booted from discord threads for the above post????  Suddenly all I have is the feedback thread, the others all went poof.

I’m so confused, definitely never violated the rules.  Wait…. Can it be because I am friendly with @CanadaCubs?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Well we should know the drill by now. It’s the same shit every year. Harper the first prime is for the whales squeeze as much $ as they can. Listen to everyone bitch and moan on global threaten to quit and some actually quit. Then… increase the odds to a whopping 1% when they actually drop. However I didn’t see this one coming but I did buy 65k worth of boxes and got lucky. Got him to d4 hopefully 10 by Monday. Anyway… looks about same shit as every year. Nobody remember the atg box at .5 and 1% 500 gold and 1k a box  in 18 with separate special evo per atg??🤷🏻‍♂️ They been doing this crap for years. 

Yup looks like it’s still glu at the helm! 🧐

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    However I also closed the app in pure disgust when saw the prime box. Then I talked myself into buying just 70k. That’s how it works…🤷🏻‍♂️I’m sure there were many like myself that did the same thing. They are banking on us not walking away… because of the sense of INVESTMENT that has been made. Best thing to do is 100% DELETE the app but also have glu erase team before hand. Even tho they’ve done things like this in the past… it’s kind of next level IMO and is a very bad sign of the direction the game is headed. 
    Trying to follow my own advice and move on myself. Sadly because I really enjoy this game. ✌️
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB joined... *gulp*... the Legendary Outlawz??? Hope those guys don't glitch any level ups or anything wild like that... 

Is he only a prospect or has he earned his bottom rocker yet?

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Right there with you brother. I probably logged on less than 10 times all of last year and didn't even play any games. Didn't even bother downloading the app this year. Just check the forum now and then but the game itself stopped being fun to me after 19. It used to be something to do and have fun trying to escape daily stress but became more of a stress itself 🙄.

If they put 17 & 18 back in the app store (changed phones so no longer have it & deleted off old phone) I would definitely play them and spend the occasional $$$ just for heads up matches sake 🤷‍♂️
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Houmy you can download them on android via apk if you’ve got an android. 
    If you’re on iPhone then check this: 

App store
    click on your picture On the top right
    Purchased/my purchases
    Search tap