Cost of TSB

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
edited June 2022 in General TSB Discussion
To get the 3 primes this weekend, a rough estimate:

Rizzo guarantee is 200 boxes at 1,000 gold each = 200,000 gold
Verdugo guarantee is 460 boxes at 250 gold each = 115,000 gold
Rendon guarantee is 230 boxes at 500 gold each = 115,000 gold

Total gold needed: 430,000

At the going rate in the store for gold (10,400 per $99.99 purchase) you'd need to purchase that 42x, which is 4,199.58 plus tax. Which, re: tax, in my state that means I'd spend $4,556.54 to get all 3 primes.

NOTE: Please, nobody point out the fact that I have to level them up too and that if you were to buy the entire specials tab you would only get 122 pxp deal boxes, which would likely not even be enough to level 1 of them, let alone 3 of them.

So, anyway... haven't spent any money yet this year, but really thinking hard about it. So, what do you guys think, should I go for it or no???? $4,556.54 seems like a bargain to me to have me all set (for the next two and a half days, at least).   :#:#:#

Prev13

Comments

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    You forgot potm too
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Oh man... well, not a big deal. That's only a couple more thousand.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    That's a steal!!  I think you should do it.  I'm pretty sure gluEA needs the money more than you and your family... but wait, gluEA IS family
    Just no.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Yeah, dude. This weekend has me thinking real hard about this game 🥴 this is just a complete fvcking disaster, no ifs ands or buts about it. Can't be anyone sitting around defending this shit anymore either 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Nope no defense it’s over as much as I enjoy this game it’s out of reach. There is nothing wrong with squeezing some with odds and resources to profit as much as possible. I want them to be profitable as I want the game to do well and continue etc 🤷🏻‍♂️. However it’s always said they know exactly what they are doing $ however at this point it is so ridiculous $$ I don’t think they do. Completely out of touch. 
    Very sad they are gonna run this game in the ground eventually 
    Yeah, dude. This weekend has me thinking real hard about this game 🥴 this is just a complete fvcking disaster, no ifs ands or buts about it. Can't be anyone sitting around defending this shit anymore either 
    Not even the almighty discord group is defending this??  If that's true, then you know something is wrong.
    Just no.  
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Not even the almighty discord group is defending this??  If that's true, then you know something is wrong.
    From what I’m hearing- D6 cycles would fix their game and appease some folks bigly
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,785 Posts
    Glu has done some incredibly stupid things in the past, many FU moments to it’s customer base, but EA is quickly surpassing those and setting the FU bar rather high this weekend. Spend my gold for crap odds on crap players, with a NEW guarantee requiring more pulls, and now a chance at a box with 0.75% odds for a player INSTEAD of the player in the Mega guarantee??? What the hell are these buffoons smoking? Yup EA, you clowns are making it easy for your customer base to return the FU and walk away. Nice job!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:
    Glu has done some incredibly stupid things in the past, many FU moments to it’s customer base, but EA is quickly surpassing those and setting the FU bar rather high this weekend. Spend my gold for crap odds on crap players, with a NEW guarantee requiring more pulls, and now a chance at a box with 0.75% odds for a player INSTEAD of the player in the Mega guarantee??? What the hell are these buffoons smoking? Yup EA, you clowns are making it easy for your customer base to return the FU and walk away. Nice job!
    I don’t know how this isn’t obvious…but EA has gotten their MLB licence by acquiring Glu’s portfolio. They’re building a console game on next gen consoles, which will have a mobile app like madden and FIFA. TSB was never the goal. They wanted the licence, and they got it.  It’s pretty much bleed everyone as much as possible at this point. They will re-invent the baseball game on console and mobile with a different name, and by default, forget about anyone associated with TSB. 
    tshea510 said:
    I don’t know how this isn’t obvious…but EA has gotten their MLB licence by acquiring Glu’s portfolio. They’re building a console game on next gen consoles, which will have a mobile app like madden and FIFA. TSB was never the goal. They wanted the licence, and they got it.  It’s pretty much bleed everyone as much as possible at this point. They will re-invent the baseball game on console and mobile with a different name, and by default, forget about anyone associated with TSB. 
    What's sad is they don't have anything in the pipeline for the immediate future. 2024 at the earliest, so I'm sure they'll keep tap around just to get every last drop while they can. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    tshea510 said:
    I disagree with this. They invested a lot of time in a new pitcher graphics, so it necessarily means they are all-in in TSB to improve in-game play.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    I disagree with this. They invested a lot of time in a new pitcher graphics, so it necessarily means they are all-in in TSB to improve in-game play.
    I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not? 🤔
    tshea510 said:
    I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not? 🤔
    Yes it is 😂😂
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    They’ve well and truly jumped the shark now. There are 2 sets without a POTM. One has the cash box guaranteed in 3 plus WOH player. The other is a 4 pitcher set. I have the former set plus Sandoval. There is no incentive to try for the pitcher set as, with just 3bn club points after a whole day, we’re pretty well certain to finish top 25. 

On the plus side, the days of buying field passes, global challenge boxes and $20 packages are gone for good. Thanks glu. I’m delighted to have kicked that awful habit. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Hey gents! How’s the game going?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I swear I never thought I’d be this happy to read you 🤣🤣🤣

Whoa!!  Back from the crusades?!?  I was told the good doc didn't make it... guess it was a lie.  Game is great, let's see, they added music by CKY, the game now makes my sandwiches for me.. oh and it just put on the hockey game for me, go TB.  The one thing it just doesn't do so well though is, and it's kinda strange, but it doesn't actually do baseball... even though it's called tap sports BASEBALL... weird.
    Just no.  

Still waiting for those “hot wife” pics…

Still waiting for those pictures you promised ~2-3 years ago 👀
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I’m 3+ weeks since deleting and it’s been great. I miss actually playing the game but I get updates from friends on what’s happening In the game and man I do not miss it and the cost is astronomical now. These things are either working and a lot of people are spending big bucks to justify the move or no one is spending so they are scrambling to find any way to trigger more spending. Either way, the future of this game doesn’t involve me at these prices and I’m very confident I won’t be returning. Just a complete disaster. 
    edited June 2022
    @[Glu Sports] blueleopard How’s it going? How’s life? You haven’t been on in a while, you missing all the fun?

Never could tag the guy on here, but he claims he sees ALL posts, so maybe he’s having a great time
    I’m 3+ weeks since deleting and it’s been great. I miss actually playing the game but I get updates from friends on what’s happening In the game and man I do not miss it and the cost is astronomical now. These things are either working and a lot of people are spending big bucks to justify the move or no one is spending so they are scrambling to find any way to trigger more spending. Either way, the future of this game doesn’t involve me at these prices and I’m very confident I won’t be returning. Just a complete disaster. 
    Hey, good for you man! The gold required to get these sets is completely through the roof with no good way to earn gold. It just isn’t in a good place. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Hey, good for you man! The gold required to get these sets is completely through the roof with no good way to earn gold. It just isn’t in a good place. 
    I just don’t understand how anyone at Glu/EA can look at this and think it’s “better”. Maybe enough people are spending to justify it and they are doing great. But if their goal was to alienate everyone who can’t spender $5k a week on the game then from my perspective I’d say they succeeded. There was a lot of chatter about making the game more attainable for the common player but there is absolutely no way they did that. I was a $200-$250 a week spender but after seeing how little that got me, and the ridiculous changes to the boxes and champ tier it was actually a very easy decision.  Not to mention they have absolutely 0 knowledge when in comes to CS, so rather than stress about it when the game inevitably messes up, it was long overdue. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Still waiting for those “hot wife” pics…
    The guys in my group chat have seen some of my work. Not married to the hot wife anymore. Traded in for a chick 18 years younger. Life is good.

I sold my team a few weeks ago. The separation is complete!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BwianmanBwianman Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    And odds are now out of 10,000 boxes.. is that new this season? What a joke this game is..
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I just don’t understand how anyone at Glu/EA can look at this and think it’s “better”. Maybe enough people are spending to justify it and they are doing great. But if their goal was to alienate everyone who can’t spender $5k a week on the game then from my perspective I’d say they succeeded. There was a lot of chatter about making the game more attainable for the common player but there is absolutely no way they did that. I was a $200-$250 a week spender but after seeing how little that got me, and the ridiculous changes to the boxes and champ tier it was actually a very easy decision.  Not to mention they have absolutely 0 knowledge when in comes to CS, so rather than stress about it when the game inevitably messes up, it was long overdue. 
    We know the game play is based on algorithms to determine if you get a hit or win the game, so you know the boxes and the changes they make are based on the same thing. They lower rewards, decrease box odds, and increase the number of players needed for a set all based on some mathematical formula that tells them how much money they make off the latest changes vs the last changes. 
    If you look at what EA does to games, it’s not difficult to see their path. We’re all addicts in some form or another, but they're clearly dismantling TSB at all costs. The Licence is what they wanted. You don’t need to justify what you did or didn’t spend. The train was going through regardless 
    Well I guess with the Joc box, this format is here to stay for the time being at least. 

Sad asf.
    It’s amazing to me how quickly these clowns have ruined this game and driven so many loyal customers away. Incompetence at it's finest! Nothing even fun about this game anymore. So I guess in the words of our very invisible moderator, I’m losing.
    No moderator needed, this place is completely empty. Just like the brains of the people running this sh*tshow of a mobile game.