Is it me or is this game just not fun anymore

jmbulldogjmbulldog Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
I have been playing for a few years now and have really enjoyed myself until this year. I think it’s the removal of the playoffs and forced leveling. But not only that boxes with terrible odds and extremely expensive to boot. I am honestly still angry about losing my keepers and rewards last year and CS pretty much telling me to take a hike. My play has definitely decreased and I am really close to just deleting the game. Am I alone if this thought process?
Prev1

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Nope, not alone. This game is being swiftly destroyed by idiots who know nothing about making customers happy. My playing time has decreased dramatically because essentially, the game is no longer fun, much less a game anymore.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited June 2022
    “Terrible odds and extremely expensive” <— it’s above and beyond ridiculous 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Even for the biggest spenders it’s beyond ridiculous. If you are lucky enough to get struck by lightning and pull a prime can’t even level them. Let alone box after new box with new primes daily through the week. It’s crazy.
    I would love to hear what @DFBB thinks about the current status of the game boxes odds resources etc. 
    He be like David Copperfield poof 💨 gone 👻 
    box after new box with new primes daily through the week. 
    Ridiculous. And no d6 to be able to chill and rebuild gold at all 🥴
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Yes sir, not the only one! All I really do anymore is cycle WOH for champ tokens and that's a struggle, not to cycle but just to make myself open the game and do it!🤮
  • RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    This year has been horrible but glu successfully destroyed the game in 3 weeks. Actually pretty impressive, well done glu. 
  • blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    edited June 2022
    This year has been horrible but glu successfully destroyed the game in 3 weeks. Actually pretty impressive, well done glu. 
    This is the EA affect. The box odds are complete garbage. Haven't spent any money now for weeks, absolutley zero incentive/reward. Thanks for ruining another one EA. 
  • jmbulldogjmbulldog Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I pulled the trigger and deleted the game. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I can safely say its not just you
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    edited June 2022
    In our club there’s 2 of us play every day. No-one else has been motivated enough to reach Champion level. The most we get for any event is 8 players and some of them chip in a few thousand. 

The gold given in Champion level means I won’t spend anything which is the only reason I play at all now. 

Yesterday i had the rare chance of getting a set. I spent 6k gold but rather than getting the 345 player I needed, I got a crappy box with a 1 in 133 chance of a prime. The Thursday box with a guarantee at 15 boxes did the same without a single pull before getting there. I decided not to play. 

Your game is so bad that you can’t get people to play for nothing EA. That’s really spectacular levels of incompetence. 
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I’ve been a daily player since 2015, had the same group of 8-9 teammates for 4+ years including more than half who were VIPs. Right now it’s me and one other non-VIP who still play every day out of 15 on current team. All other teammates and VIPs haven’t logged in for over 40 days, and these were all solid guys who put up lots of points daily. I messaged them each on Line to figure out what happened and why they don’t play anymore. All of their responses were pretty similar “The game sucks now, nothing new or exciting anymore and the box odds are a joke. No sense in spending money if you’re never going to get the good players.” They we’re all unanimous in hating the new changes for 22 also. So if this is the response I have seen firsthand on just my team, I can imagine this same sentiment is probably felt by thousands of others who have already quit. 
  • blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    So, what's different in 22?? Hmmmm.... Oh ya, EA bought the game. Makes total sense now. I can't spend anymore either. 
    Not been able to get into the game all day. My wifi obviously! As I’m in UK, that’s about 9 hours so far. That means I’ve missed out on the last gift from yesterday, my Extra bases rewards and the chance to play the first target bash. 

If I can’t get in before the day’s out I’ll lose the 3k gold for logging in every day. Am I angry? Not anymore. Kind of hoping it lasts all day and it’s the final excuse to go. 

Just played MLB9Innings22 today which hasn’t cost me anything at all in the 2 months I’ve had it. That pile of unread books is looking inviting too. 
    3k gold for logging in every day?! 👀😳 what?!! Is that a UK thing?
    They started it about 6 months ago. Rather than giving you a crappy player on day 30, you get 3k gold. Not just UK: they don’t give a shiny one about us overseas players. 
    oh the daily login boxes? It gives you 3k gold after 30 days?! 😭 I need to start collecting those daily 
    As it’s VIP weekend, I figured I would play for the first time in a week and see if I got any enjoyment out of it. I’ve got exactly the same log in issue as last week. Utter cack game. 
    3 primes in the box… no one has pxp to level these players. They do know that right? 😂🤣
    Game deleted. It’s been fun. 

Only one of these statements is true. 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    It was fairly obvious from the start that the forcing of players to go diamond would cause this game to totally suck once prime players became prevalent (due to the extreme cost of capping primes at diamond). We’re at that point now. 
    buddydave said:
    It was fairly obvious from the start that the forcing of players to go diamond would cause this game to totally suck once prime players became prevalent (due to the extreme cost of capping primes at diamond). We’re at that point now. 
    Which is why I stayed Silver, basically out of defiance. But no doubt, this game is complete garbage from years past and that’s saying a LOT.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    buddydave said:
    Which is why I stayed Silver, basically out of defiance. But no doubt, this game is complete garbage from years past and that’s saying a LOT.
    How does one stay silver in a game that 5/6 of the days are BG’s?  Serious question. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    I guess you could still play season mode, cvc, woh, barrelhouse, dingers, extra bases etc 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I’m a silver lifer with tshea but even I had to move up 
    tshea510 said:
    buddydave said:
    How does one stay silver in a game that 5/6 of the days are BG’s?  Serious question. 
    VERY easily. Season mode, EB, CvC, anything that does NOT count towards progression. Hell Cubbies, you gave me that idea at the very onset. I kinda already knew as that was my game style. I’m building a great team, as always, without all the grinding and can level/cap easily. 
    I guess you could still play season mode, cvc, woh, barrelhouse, dingers, extra bases etc 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I’m a silver lifer with tshea but even I had to move up 
    Dang, you said exactly what I replied to Cubbie. I could have copied and pasted (like CS does) and saved me some time 😂
    I win everything I want to win at, build my team without the drama……yes it’s very doable and you can see I’m not fully into S6 yet. Quit 10 games into it. Basically solo club, still get rewards, etc. I’m very comfortable right here. 2 Primes, but ready to build

• DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    The players might not be having fun, but CS is. They have started using Google translate. This is the greeting I got for one of my enquires "Hi there, I hope you are currently in good condition". I didn't realise until now I was a car.
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Google translate might be an improvement in communication skills. 
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Opened 37 BBQ boxes this weekend, most purchased and some received in giveaways. Hit the 10 guarantee three times, I got the prime box each time and in that I got 3 moments, for a player I have 0% chance of ever receiving and have no interest in chasing at such ridiculously low odds and lack of available pxp. Opened 35 fireworks boxes and received more crap there also. This game sucks, nothing new here to everyone I know. Oh, and still no double gold on yet another holiday weekend. I guess that’s permanently gone now. Really no sense in playing now on most weekends. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Opened 37 BBQ boxes this weekend, most purchased and some received in giveaways. Hit the 10 guarantee three times, I got the prime box each time and in that I got 3 moments, for a player I have 0% chance of ever receiving and have no interest in chasing at such ridiculously low odds and lack of available pxp. Opened 35 fireworks boxes and received more crap there also. This game sucks, nothing new here to everyone I know. Oh, and still no double gold on yet another holiday weekend. I guess that’s permanently gone now. Really no sense in playing now on most weekends. 
    The box guarantee is even worse now. If you notice, it says that when you hit the counter, you are guaranteed a 355+ player or the rookie prime box. Well a 355 player doesn’t reset the counter, unless you reach the counter limit. Twice this weekend, I got the same 355 player on my 19th box and my 20th box. The only difference is that on my 20th box, the counter reset. What a joke.