Crown Box

LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
Did they really reduce the box from 5 hammers = 175 crowns to 5 hammers = 150 crowns? More than a day into the event? What kind of BS nonsense is that, you would think they would make a change to INCREASE the ratio to help players not DECREASE!! What a joke. 
Prev1

Comments

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    GLU/EA has never been afraid to take things away. Most companies, if they accidentally give their customers more than intended, would say, “Oh well, nothing wrong with over-rewarding our customers once in a while.” Rarely is admitting your mistake AND asking them to give something back a good idea.
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Agree 100%. That’s why in return for their stunt I didn’t spend one penny this weekend and won’t for the foreseeable future. I thought about chasing Aaron, then I thought nah I’m good. They saved a few hundred crowns and lost a few hundred bucks, haha great business acumen!! I guess they won the battle and lost the war with most players. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    It gets better. They still have the crown and hammer store up, but have no way of getting those items. They removed them from the boxes and event rewards. Why even give them out as an event reward? They also took down the news item which explained they would be around all week. I can’t remember the specific news and I’m sure they will say that what we read is not actually how it works. But as someone pointed out on global, why have the store if you can’t earn the items needed to use in the store?
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    All you can really spend 140 hammers and maybe 1600 crowns would be for posada who no one wants, 5 legend boxes and moments for a player we won’t get.  The 30 percent discount we got from the majors easy bracket this weekend will enable me to take a blue legend player to gold 10 without any regrets.   Sigh. If anyone needs in on the 30 discount this week send “vanhorn” a message.  We wasted one last week too.
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    It gets better. They still have the crown and hammer store up, but have no way of getting those items. They removed them from the boxes and event rewards. Why even give them out as an event reward? They also took down the news item which explained they would be around all week. I can’t remember the specific news and I’m sure they will say that what we read is not actually how it works. But as someone pointed out on global, why have the store if you can’t earn the items needed to use in the store?
    Yeah that doesn’t make any sense! I saw that by Saturday midday I would at least get Posada by how much I had played Friday/ Saturday AM by the original crown/hammer conversion table and thought that was decent incentive to keep playing a lot through the weekend. Once they made the change to lower the amount of crowns you would receive on Saturday I calculated I would be about 100-150 short of getting posada based on how many games I would play the rest of the weekend. That one change they made specifically excluded me from getting him and maybe I’m the exact type they were hoping to affect, those who were just so close. I guess in their mind it would compel players to up their playing even more to get the prize but that didn’t work on me. I basically shut it down after that and played 10 prime games total Saturday night and Sunday and that was it. This whole limited time store thing was a big failure and you’re right I’m sure they will find a reason to blame us in the end. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Did they really reduce the box from 5 hammers = 175 crowns to 5 hammers = 150 crowns? More than a day into the event? What kind of BS nonsense is that, you would think they would make a change to INCREASE the ratio to help players not DECREASE!! What a joke. 
    It appears that they failed to account for the VIP elite(15% off boxes). Those that had the VIP elite and the 5% club discount got 20% off all boxes. For example, it was possible to trade in 800 crowns for 25 hammers. Then, trade in 4 crowns for 175 hammers.  Rinse and repeat and they were able to get everything in the event shop as long as they were able to come up with 800 crowns. In other words, glu was selling a dollar for 90 cents. 

sullipa8 said:
    It's not a coincidence that the club rank rewards had a healthy amount of hammers. Those that are close will be tempted to buy hammers in specials. At least, that appears to be the idea. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    It appears that they failed to account for the VIP elite(15% off boxes). Those that had the VIP elite and the 5% club discount got 20% off all boxes. For example, it was possible to trade in 800 crowns for 25 hammers. Then, trade in 4 crowns for 175 hammers.  Rinse and repeat and they were able to get everything in the event shop as long as they were able to come up with 800 crowns. In other words, glu was selling a dollar for 90 cents. 

sullipa8 said:
    It's not a coincidence that the club rank rewards had a healthy amount of hammers. Those that are close will be tempted to buy hammers in specials. At least, that appears to be the idea. 

I came to that conclusion as well. They are trying to entice people to spend real money as that is the only way to get those resources now.  Disappointing, but not surprising. I guess we were the fools for thinking it was going to be available to earn all week. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2022
    Another case of them dangling the carrot too far away from our noses.

They think a guy with 150 hammers is going to shell out $100 to get one player?

Seems to me the better, more profitable path for them would have been to let people continue to slowly grind and earn more hammers until they either (1) are able to get Hank and then buy field pass to level him up or (2) are able to get close enough to Hank that buying a few hammers is cost-effective for them (the average player).

I feel like right now they have thousands of players who are sitting on 100-150 hammers who are just closing (maybe even... uninstalling...???) the app instead of having thousands of players who are still engaged and playing the game to get more hammers so they can either buy the last few hammers they need and/or buy field pass to level him up.

All that said, they have the #s in front of them and I don't. So there must be plenty of folks out there who are happy to spend $100-200 for a single player. I just can't imagine those people are your average consumer, but again, what do I know? Is it easier to get 5 people to spend $20 or to get 1 person to spend $100? That's the question.
    edited October 2022
    Also, this is where the animosity/toxicity of their user base comes from.

Because they do things like release this new event like "Hey yous guys we have an awesome new event!!!11 Check it out" and then everyone grinds their butts off the whole weekend only to login Monday morning with everything removed with no communication from anyone (news section cleared out entirely).

The message from them though is quite clear: "Hahahahaha!!! All of your hard work the whole weekend was for nothing!!!!111 LOLOLOLOL please buy $200 in hammers"
  • gcardeygcardey Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    Agreed with what Jeddoggy said there.
    No clear communication that hammers and crowns were not still going to be able to be earned thru events after Sunday, only that the Event Shop would still be open thru Friday.
    WTF were we supposed to think??
    I have never been as mad at GLU/EA as I was yesterday morning, and that includes the couple of times last year that I was banned/jailed for scoring too many points as a non-ViP.

That Aaron ATG was just a gift to the big spenders and high scoring (yeah, big spenders) clubs.
    and the handful of people that were lucky enough to pull the 200 hammers.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    What about the 700 Pujols?  Is he staying 700 or going to get dropped?
    xracman said:
    Already dropped to 480
    edited October 2022
    Here is what I don’t get. What do they lose if they leave the 200 hammers in the box? That’s no different than having the ATG in the box. The percentage of a pull was low, but it gave the players hope. And people probably still spend real money to get more boxes. It just really makes no sense to completely remove it. 
    sullipa8 said:
    xracman said:
    Already dropped to 480
    LOL.  Hadn't changed yet on mine.  Glad I waited and settled for a couple thousand LXP/PXP.
    gcardey said:
    No clear communication that hammers and crowns were not still going to be able to be earned thru events after Sunday, only that the Event Shop would still be open thru Friday.
    I have never been as mad at GLU/EA as I was yesterday morning, and that includes the couple of times last year that I was banned/jailed for scoring too many points as a non-ViP.

That Aaron ATG was just a gift to the big spenders and high scoring (yeah, big spenders) clubs.
    I didn't pay attention to the news and I only installed tsb on Friday to check out the atg. On discord, I saw that blue clearly stated how crowns/hammers would work(i.e can only be earned on the weekend and IAP during the week). Again, I barely glanced at the news so I don't remember if full details were explained. 

Anyways, enjoy/don't enjoy. Peace out guys. 

DFBB said:
    gcardey said:

I didn't pay attention to the news and I only installed tsb on Friday to check out the atg. On discord, I saw that blue clearly stated how crowns/hammers would work(i.e can only be earned on the weekend and IAP during the week). Again, I barely glanced at the news so I don't remember if full details were explained. 

Anyways, enjoy/don't enjoy. Peace out guys. 

Thx for replying, DFBB, I do appreciate it.  The news posted on it was pretty extensive, and I read it several times, myself.   (and I do appreciate that plenty of users don't read the News, or do read it and have serious comprehension problems, ugghh)
    but I can tell you that a guy like, EW on global chat, he read it the same way as basically all of us did.
    If people on discord saw different information, there are people, like me, would have liked it shared on global chat (by anyone) as well, because I sure didn't see anyone mention it there, and plenty of users there that have played the game/app for quite a while who on Monday don't seem to have been aware of it as well.
    Thanks for checking in.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    TShea, thx, I certainly didn't notice that it said "for this weekend's event" on the rewards for the Hammers, obviously I (and others) just assumed.  oops
    It would have been nice if it had said "...for this weekend's event only."       but, oh well.
    I gotta learn to read better, I guess.
    now i gotta find something else to be irritated about, LOL!
    actually, for the most part I am not a complainer about this app/game.
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Hey DFBB, did you only download to check out the ATG or was that you actually playing this past weekend in Gr8 Name Timeout?
    gcardey said:
    TShea, thx, I certainly didn't notice that it said "for this weekend's event" on the rewards for the Hammers, obviously I (and others) just assumed.  oops
    It would have been nice if it had said "...for this weekend's event only."       but, oh well.
    I gotta learn to read better, I guess.
    now i gotta find something else to be irritated about, LOL!
    actually, for the most part I am not a complainer about this app/game.
    This is why I screenshot EVERYTHING! (Or is it screenshoot? 🤷‍♂️). But I was still a bit perplexed as to the shop being open for 4 days after event but spending real money only way to get “currency”. Not surprising though.
    Again, why have the shop open until Friday if the currencies can’t be earned? And why give out event rewards when you can’t make up the difference? If it’s just to get more real money, they should have stated post weekend it’s only in the specials tab. 

But this goes to the larger problem with the news and communication. If you know what they mean, then you can read it the way it has played out. If you don’t what it means, then you think it lasts through the week. The only date mentioned is Friday. They mention weekend rewards and crowns during games on the weekend. But nothing to indicate that they wouldn’t be in the boxes during the week. Especially with the event shop boxes matching the time in the news. I know the complaints fall in deaf ears, but they need someone who knows the game but doesn’t know the plan to read these news items before they are published. Then they can ask questions to clear up the announcements. 
    Ea/Glu suck, communication is non-existent and this forum has been totally abandoned for discord it seems. Although the “moderator” made a ghost like appearance after a 4 month absence. Yet the link to join this joke of a forum is still in “Settings”. Damn this used to be a great game. Congrats EA/Glu, admins, for taking out all of the fun and what this forum was supposed to accomplish 
    edited October 2022
    I dont really care what the news said. Thats not the point. The point is this game has evolved into something that is exclusive to the very wealthy, or at least, folks who don't mind throwing their money away. 

It's disappointing, but I've spent a grand total of $0 this season and have still been able to somewhat enjoy it as a very casual player. If the barrier they've placed in front of anything useful or fun returns to a more normal or acceptable price tag, I would likely go back to happily spending money on it again.

This $200 for a single player thing is far too expensive for the average hard-working person. We are only a few years removed from 7% box odds for legends and elite players being sold for $20 (double late innings Yelich, Holiday Ted, etcetera).
    $400 for the player and 1000% agree with you
    edited October 2022
    tshea510 said:
    Although the “moderator” made a ghost like appearance after a 4 month absence. 
    To be clear, I haven't been a tsb mod for quite some time. I helped out for awhile(after I stopped playing), but as soon as they got help, I rarely looked at the forums/discord. This community isn't for me and for my own sanity, I finally embraced that reality. I honestly wish everyone the best and in particular, I hope everyone has fun in whatever they're doing. 

Hey DFBB, did you only download to check out the ATG or was that you actually playing this past weekend in Gr8 Name Timeout?
    That was me playing, but yeah, father time has taken it's toll. After a few dozen games, I get tired. Being old ain't as cool as it sounds. lol 
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    Although the “moderator” made a ghost like appearance after a 4 month absence. 
    To be clear, I haven't been a tsb mod for quite some time. I helped out for awhile(after I stopped playing), but as soon as they got help, I rarely looked at the forums/discord. This community isn't for me and for my own sanity, I finally embraced that reality. I honestly wish everyone the best and in particular, I hope everyone has fun in whatever they're doing. 

I guess the fact that your role is STILL listed as moderator was a bit confusing, especially since there has been ZERO communication. Have fun.
    edited October 2022
    So is this weekend event with two new collectibles going to be the only way to get ATGs this year?

I'm not complaining though, we have awesome new animations, like the "bat-flip/finger point", the "stopping runner between second and third" and the pitcher "throw my hands wide and bend at the waist".

Fun!
    Game is complete garbage now. All the fun has been sucked dry. 
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Yes sir. I was lucky to get 1000, sorry guys "🌭"s from the cheaper box but the drop rate this weekend from bonus games is asinine! Last week wasn't nearly as bad but if this is the new normal personally I think this game is a wrap for me! Just don't have the ambition to grind that hard for peanuts.
    Yeah they're making every fun or useful aspect of the game cost hundreds of dollars per day. I am sorry but that is super easy to say no to.