Extinction of ATG’s and Legends

LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
I work in spreadsheets a lot for work and because I’m a big loser I decided a few years ago to start tracking my players in weekly excel spreadsheets. This was before they added the Collections filter feature and I liked being able to sort my players by teams, level, etc. We all know that they really screwed with box odds (shocking I know!) this year and basically made ATG’s impossible to get (better chance of thawing out Ted Williams and attaching his head then pulling enough scarecrow scrotums needed to exchange for him in this game), so I decided to go back and check how many of these players I had in previous years by the end of October since right now I’ve only pulled 5 Legends so far and 0 ATG’s which seemed low. In 2019 at this same point in time, I had 11 Legends (ATG’s were not available then). In 2020, I had 21 Legends (wow lucky I guess) and 2 ATG’s. In 2021, I had 17 Legends and 3 ATG’s. And to repeat, in 2022 I have 5 Legends and 0 ATG’s, pretty noticeable decline huh? And I open quite a few boxes, this isn’t me complaining after opening a handful each day. I’ve spent thousand and thousands of gold each day chasing and always coming up empty.  I’m glad I was able to confirm it wasn’t just anecdotal about the dearth of good players, I know luck comes in bunches in this game and you can go weeks without pulling a Legend and then get 2-3 in a few days but this is a remarkable decline and only disincentivizes me from playing much going forward. I’ll give it a few more weeks before the holidays but if nothing changes by then then I’m done with the season. And then no reason to play next year since I won’t have any ATG’s to carry over as Keepers. 

Comments

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    They have gone back to offering ATG on weekends only. The shop is open, but you can’t earn currency to get the ATGs. They had them available all week last week, but now it’s back to not being available. Just stupid as usual, but I’m sure the bean counters told them they made more money by offering less.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I guess they know what they're doing but most guys seem to be taking the week off instead of playing (thus not purchasing field pass) since there's no way to get a ATG during the week.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I guess they know what they're doing but most guys seem to be taking the week off instead of playing (thus not purchasing field pass) since there's no way to get a ATG during the week.
    And since they took away almost all Champion Tokens in daily/weekly challenges and weekday events, you’re right there’s no motivation to play Mon-Thurs. I think I’ll try that for a few weeks. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    And since they took away almost all Champion Tokens in daily/weekly challenges and weekday events, you’re right there’s no motivation to play Mon-Thurs. I think I’ll try that for a few weeks. 
    Yeah, I’ve been like that since they took away the tokens. I have zero reason to play. WOH was already my favorite event but I think I cycled 3 times yesterday. Twice for the tokens and once for points. They have removed all motivation to play, which is a good thing for me.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    edited October 2022
    sullipa8 said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah, I’ve been like that since they took away the tokens. I have zero reason to play. WOH was already my favorite event but I think I cycled 3 times yesterday. Twice for the tokens and once for points. They have removed all motivation to play, which is a good thing for me.
    I cycled three times with one team and twice with my other team and that was good enough for my club to finish 1st and my 2 teams to take 2nd and 4th in MVP rank, good for 520/490 tokens in addition to the WOH cycle tokens.  First time one of my clubs has ever finished 1st in an event in 4 years of playing.
  • jory1jory1 Registered Users, Member 100 Posts
    I haven't been on here for some time. I'm curious as to why no one is talking about the complete lack of pitchers. Since Glu made Team->Collections available in '20, you can see the dramatic drop off of legend pitchers from '20 to '21 to '22. The number of available legend pitchers has halved from season to season the last three years. Not to mention, there only exists two legends in the bullpen (Mo and Sutter) on '22. How has nobody discussed this?
    Because this forum is deader than the brain cells employed by EA/Glu
  • jory1jory1 Registered Users, Member 100 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Do you think this is because people have quit playing?
    jory1 said:
    tshea510 said:
    Glu/EA has abandoned the forums, Admins/Mods have vanished into thin air, loyal players/customers have quit playing and many of the rest of us have simply lost interest in the game. They’ve taken what was once a great product and have flushed it down the toilet. The players on this forum that correctly predicted EA would come in and further destroy what Glu hadn’t already were genius in their foresight.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    jory1 said:
    tshea510 said:
    Glu/EA has abandoned the forums, Admins/Mods have vanished into thin air, loyal players/customers have quit playing and many of the rest of us have simply lost interest in the game. They’ve taken what was once a great product and have flushed it down the toilet. The players on this forum that correctly predicted EA would come in and further destroy what Glu hadn’t already were genius in their foresight.
    That's just the EA way.  They can ruin anything.  The NHL console games were amazing up until 2016 or so, but then EA just started to focus on the ultimate team aspect of it, which is just a way to steal money from addicts.  Then they decided to just copy/paste the game, and now it's trash.. just like this piece of shit game.  But hey, people out there are claiming to be having "fun"... what a joke.
    Just no.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Definitely not a fan of the current setup to pull ATG's. In the past few months I've tinkered around with the game, I've yet to pull the currency needed for the ATG's. I've had to combine the currency from weekend rewards with pulling the lower currency/building them from tournaments. It just isn't the same feeling as opening a box and seeing that shiny SOB you're chasing. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • HBERT9HBERT9 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Feel the same way.  There’s nothing like opening the box and seeing your target.  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’ve pulled the currency twice and it does have that ATG feeling when it happens. I also like  wing able to get an ATG at reduced costs even though they aren’t bonus players anymore   
  • HBERT9HBERT9 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    That is a nice twist I have to admit.