Options

WILDLY obvious cheating....

StinkyLinkyStinkyLinky Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
I will guess most know and don't care, they've made their peace with it; however I know there are likely gobs who don't have a clue. I wouldn't care nearly as much as I do, but just something about it drives me nuts when they attempt to get as much $ from us as they do, and pull this kind of, possibly even illegal, stuff on everyone.

So finishing this weekend's event I went immediately to the leaderboards, I don't know just because I do that stuff, and knowing how well one teammate of mine did was disgusted frankly that his pretty insane scoring was not good for anything more than 11-25th on the mvp. Looking closer at a few of the top finishers (this is in Cooperstown btw), I noticed that #3 MVP in Cooperstown wasn't in Cooperstown at all it said they were in minors. Odd, so I clicked on the team name, that team wasn't anywhere on our leaderboard. Low and behold this team had I dunno 4 or 5 of the top single performers from that Cooperstown bracket in this completely different group and league. 

I managed to take screen shots and I can show you the time stamps so around 90 seconds after event ending, after murdering our bracket, come to find out these "people" were also murdering minors brackets, and likely majors, all at the same time. Taking 1st place and probably the first 5 to ten MVP spots literally in all 3 leagues at the same god damn time, thus completely denying the average actual non cheating/non employee player any chance what so ever of obtaining said offered prize/reward for those mentioned places. So to me it looks like they are more or less holding weekly contests, with advertised promised prizes, that they then make impossible to win by allowing whoever these people are (my guess is employee or associate of) to compete in all three leagues at the same time, and who knows maybe their scores all add up for them that's why they're so impossibly huge, I don't know. All I know is it's a fine line legally speaking to be advertising rigged contests like this, eppp just saying.

Comments

• Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Despicable
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    I can't tell if that was genuinely meant, lol or said on slight sarcasm cause a good portion of us already knew it figured as much already and nothing really big to anyone? 

This kinda garbage really pisses me off frankly, because as I mentioned before it more or less means that the carrot that is dangled in front of us every weekday and weekend contest is a complete apparition. Which does in fact seemingly start to bump up against flagrant false advertising which is a consumer proving the following: 
    (a) that the advertising was false or misleading; (b) that the falsity was “material,” often meaning the company lied about something important; (c) the consumer saw the false advertisement; and (d) the consumer relied on the false advertising in purchasing the product or service. Consumers may show reliance be proving they wouldn’t have bought the product or service if not for the false advertising.

**a- of course it was it was never actually up for grabs or in doubt, **b- I would assume that yes the wool being pulled led to tens, if not hundreds of thousands and possibly even MILLIONS of dollars for them **c. Every player who club played saw all of it daily, weekly, always and **d- are we joking here? If I knew I couldn't have even a chance at sometimes the top 3 or FOUR spots.....I wouldn't have spent anything, I probably wouldn't even have played. In actual factual reality who plays competitive games from the get go ..only playing for fourth or fifth place? No one, because YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. 

Im just no one, someone who can't do anything really about any of it, and yes I obviously play how else would I see these things? It just keeps going though and at times they have put those top tier prizes so mathematically IMPOSSIBLY(lets again be real, some of these are literally, actually, absolutely not actually possible) far out of reach and then on top of it this type of stuff gets pulled? I just got over the last bit of this that was done, im not even sure what I'm trying to convey here, just more want everyone to be 110% fully aware of the extent of some of this because there are much smarter folk than I who still play this game and I'm sure a few attorneys at least, just something ain't right about how many deceptive things go on, rigged events, basically just typing in whatever score they seem to want, when people call out some of these guilty parties for it even at the most basic public level smack talk chat....then what a coincidence now accounts are locked I mean it just...like I said, legal issues are being grazed very often it would seem and it's just hard to enjoy something when the game people themselves are out to just wreck you, your shit and your time....and apparently at even the lowest levels on up. 

Stupid long response to one word reply I know so I'll shut it now and just hopefully show a few who didn't know that they aren't just paranoid, you probably did catch something and yes you likely are being lied to and cheated. 
  • Options
    It’s nothing new. And these players aren’t employees. It is just that competitive at those higher tiers. Long story, short- it’s allowed and always has been. You’re either in one of those top clubs, or you’re everyone else. 
  • Options
    How can they not be employees? Or getting some kind of developer work around, I mean nothing of the competitive part, I mean the part how they are on two teams at the same time with bonus points counting for multiple leagues, minors, majors, Cooperstown, all at the same time, that is by far and away my biggest issue.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    That and to speak of how they are just that competitive or big spenders..... You can only buy so much stuff per event for one, there's not unlimited buying, two .... I've gone online middle of the night and seen 18/20 members online when we all know good participation rates would be 50-75% at PEAK times, so there's that. Finally, I've done point division,  figuring out what these people need to be scoring and just throwing say last week's top MVP in my bracket he had 88 trillion pts alone, just very quick math tells me that person was apparently scoring roughly 1.5 trillion per hour, every hour 60 hours straight.

When I have a very high scoring person on my club who under normal circumstances mops the floor with most people score in 60 hours what it takes them 4 to do....? Huh? @this point in the year we all have the same players don't forget there's no magic bullet player here, we all have maxed out atg entire rosters, he had the latest bonus atg as well. Anyway whatever it doesn't really matter I just can't get past the fact anyone still thinks otherwise I mean just look at your own playing habits scoring even a tenth of that isn't possible, 100th maybe but 100th ... REALLY?

It's just not, from everything I see available to normal players, possible. It just isn't, 1.5 trillion an hour, or 25 billion per min, so if he squeeks out 8 games every min 3 billion per game with ZERO down time, not even 30 seconds. I wish I could get the game to run for me like that, and then there's the argument they score 5 600 runs a game, ok yep. .. That takes time to register so now you're down to 5 games a min I mean yeah it just doesn't make much sense to me and I would honestly love it to make sense but there's just too many "yeah but what if's" for it to be reality. 

And again I know nothing can be done certainly not by me, it would take many many many of us. I just look at it like the political system in Russia, people there have just more or less accepted some level or even a decent level of corruption is just gonna happen no matter what so screw it..... Jesus but it doesn't HAVE TO. That's all I'm saying, this doesn't HAVE TO happen, but looks like it just will. Just sucks cause things could be a lot better honestly and I genuinely think people would spend MORE money if they were competing with actual chances to win.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    We ran into a team that had over 1 million games played this season over the weekend. That’s roughly 3k games per day. That’s insane and also means that his auto tapper is the bomb
  • Options
    Even Greasy Tyrone couldn’t put up those numbers. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    good ole Tyrone Cheatwood. I hope that he still feels the forum love