If anyone still even looks at this forum lol (Gear question)

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
I've never used gear before but trying it in '23 version. Bought some sunglasses, says I should get 2% boost with runners on base. Does not work. Is this widely known that it just doesn't work and I hadn't followed / known until just now? Or am I doing it wrong? 

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Also: Yes I added it to my player and all of that
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I've never used gear before but trying it in '23 version. Bought some sunglasses, says I should get 2% boost with runners on base. Does not work. Is this widely known that it just doesn't work and I hadn't followed / known until just now? Or am I doing it wrong? 
    Isn’t it team, position, handiness specific?
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    The sunglasses I have are for any team or handedness. Seems like it just doesn't work.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I didn’t even experiment with it in 22 but I’m not even sure how to tell if it works or not 
    2003cobra said:
    I didn’t even experiment with it in 22 but I’m not even sure how to tell if it works or not 
    I accidentally had Bats for LAD RHB 3B equipped and it did give the boost to bonus points. Couldn’t figure out why Cey was scoring slightly more, then DOH! Oh yeah, this gear stuff, where did I even get it lol
    All that I have is for a white Sox OF that’s a righty. I don’t even know how to get more for different teams or different types of gear. I highly doubt if it’s been used all year. 
    edited March 2023
    I think I've confirmed it works in 22 but not in 23. As usual, getting the "our team verified everything is working, must be something on your end, check wifi and reboot game, etcetera" response from CS. My guess is it will remain broken forever yet not be removed the game, like so many other things. 
    it’s it’s always my Wi-Fi for the reason that so many things aren’t right with this game. Maybe because I live in Antarctica🤷‍♂️
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    The 23 forum disappeared again.. must be my wifi.
    Just no.  
    Yeah and CS told me they forwarded this to the applicable department and while there is no definite timeframe, MAYBE the forum will implemented again in the future. Huh? Thanks CS, clueless as always
    The 23 forum disappeared again.. must be my wifi.
    It’s your WiFi. And mine. Below is what I got from CS. Very detailed. I swear you just can’t make up this garbage. And these clowns get a paycheck.

Below is the most straightforward fix that you can try to address this issue-- note that this involves checking your internet connection:

⏵Restart your internet connection (it is recommended to disconnect your router’s power cable and wait a full minute before reconnecting it. Once it’s back on, wait for your internet connection to reset, and then try re-accessing the website.)
    ⏵Disable your firewall and antivirus (Sometimes, the built-in firewall of your operating system (OS) or other security software could be blocking certain web pages, which could hinder your computer from making a connection to those pages. A quick way to check if this is the issue would be to turn off your firewall and antivirus software temporarily, and attempt accessing the site once more.)
    ⏵Clear your browser cache
    ⏵Flush your DNS Cache
    ⏵Change your DNS Server
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Yeah and CS told me they forwarded this to the applicable department and while there is no definite timeframe, MAYBE the forum will implemented again in the future. Huh? Thanks CS, clueless as always
    I love CS, they're the best.  They said the same thing the other day when I asked them why I haven't hit a x3 one time this year.  Then they said it's RNG based, so I said, "yeah I know, but with your companies(glu/EA) it stands for rigged number generated, and you guys have no morals, so rig me up a x3 for a couple months".  I think it went well, because they basically told me to F off and closed my ticket lol
    Just no.  
    tshea510 said:
    I love CS, they're the best.  They said the same thing the other day when I asked them why I haven't hit a x3 one time this year.  Then they said it's RNG based, so I said, "yeah I know, but with your companies(glu/EA) it stands for rigged number generated, and you guys have no morals, so rig me up a x3 for a couple months".  I think it went well, because they basically told me to F off and closed my ticket lol
    Yup. They screwed up (imagine that) the 1st week and had ALL multipliers active. Since then, nothing but 2X. Every single time. I’ve seen the same complaints so it’s not our WiFi. 

I sent a screenshot of their very own Settings page, with a link to the Forum, telling them to CLICK on that and see what happens. If it’s down, PLEASE reset their WiFi.

Crickets……….