Is anything being done about the hacking?

JoeCandyJoeCandy Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
edited June 2019 in Game Discussion
A club put up 700k points in under 15 minutes... also 30 minutes into the event people had millions of points on the individual leaderboad.  Where should we post screenshots of the cheaters and obviously I understand that you can't tell us exactly what is being done to cheaters but would be nice to know it is being looked at. 

Comments

• Unknown123Unknown123 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Nothing is being done. They knew about the problems before they opened the game up to the US and they still know about it. Posts have been shown. I had a guy who had more points than the 3rd guild last event. This one #1 has 64 million in one day. They just don't care. It's pretty great really. Really makes me want to keep playing.
  • dadnandadnan Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Well I do agree that there are some suspicious activities by some users and clubs but we cannot say for sure that they are cheating. Maybe its just a bad system or something like that.
    The thing is, this game is new but some people already gained too big advantage against newcomers from beta stage which is not fair.
    Since they played from the beta, DEVS could simply gave them rewards and restart their profiles. For example if you have XY amount of points and stuff like that you get XY rewards like bronze cases, silver cases etc. But not too much. So in that way we would be much closer.
    Now when you have already from the beginning people who have 5 star gold superstars and stuff like that, they have huge advantage. They can easily use 3 superstars who have 1000% or 500% boost and gain huge advantage, then simply spend lets say 500 gold points to get 5 time refil and with winning streak, they can easily under 15 minutes gain crazy amount of points and no one can stop them.
    We can say that DEVs were generally bad prepared for this game because they did not think about huge advantage that some people already have. They could do like I suggested in my first part of the post or simply move them to different server (all people from beta) or something like that.
    But this is what it is and we have to deal with it right now.

In the end, DEVs are just doing their best, at least what they think its the best for this game.
  • SlippySibleySlippySibley Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    First off, i was under the impression that Beta players were on a different server to global release players? If BlueLeopard is reading this it'd be nice to get some sort of confirmation or info on this?

And second of all, everyone is going off on devs and support for doing nothing about the cheaters/exploiters/glitch artists (whatever you want to call them) but they need to first ensure these players are definetely cheating, and not spending an absurd amount of real money on the game. If they are indeed cheating, devs then need to try and determine how they're doing and then write numerous amounts of code to fix the problem. Funnily enough there isn't a magical big red glitch fix button they can push to stop it from happening! All we can do is hope and pray that when it does eventually get patched, us normal players will receive some sort of decent compensation to make up for the lost rewards. 
  • JoeCandyJoeCandy Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    First off, i was under the impression that Beta players were on a different server to global release players? If BlueLeopard is reading this it'd be nice to get some sort of confirmation or info on this?

And second of all, everyone is going off on devs and support for doing nothing about the cheaters/exploiters/glitch artists (whatever you want to call them) but they need to first ensure these players are definetely cheating, and not spending an absurd amount of real money on the game. If they are indeed cheating, devs then need to try and determine how they're doing and then write numerous amounts of code to fix the problem. Funnily enough there isn't a magical big red glitch fix button they can push to stop it from happening! All we can do is hope and pray that when it does eventually get patched, us normal players will receive some sort of decent compensation to make up for the lost rewards. 
    I get all that... I know it is not as easy as a simple buttom press but someone having almost 100 million is very clearly cheating or abusing some sort of glitch and should at least get a temp ban while they look into it. 
  • SlippySibleySlippySibley Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    But you can't temp ban someone if they're potentially ploughing serious £££'s into your game. They could be buying endless amounts of gold to pay for energy refreshes. They've got to be 110% sure they're cheating.
  • StatePropertyStateProperty Registered Users 1 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Nope
  • JoeCandyJoeCandy Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    12 minutes into event and people have 6 million and 4 million.... you still think they are just whales slippy? If the devs are going to stay silent on this they are going to kill the playerbase very quickly.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Our next big update has built in security measures.  What they'll do... I'm not inclined to talk about.

I will say that I've made at least 50 bans over the past couple weeks doing my own research.  Almost all of those accounts came back and continued doing whatever they're doing.  It's not just banning we have to do.  It's not that simple.  I've worked in plenty of successful live service gaming companies and will tell you first hand that banning won't solve every problem.

The game's literally been out 10 days.  Be patient.  Work with me and report things to ME privately and I'll look at every individual case and make a judgement from there.
  • the_real_Dubthe_real_Dub Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    So for all you crying people...do I need to post my screenshots of my Google play receipts or should I share them with blue leopard so he can confirm I'm playing legit? I had a power team coming into the global release and combined three different clans to get the juggernaut that we have made in simply iconic. Everyone in my groups e cept for 3 people spend money and make points. I can answer any questions anyone has. After a specific point in my streaks I'm making 600k per win. It's not hard to put up a streak of 110-320 if you have a strong enough team