Trainers

InfernusInfernus Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
Why was there an increase in the amount of trainers needed to level up your character? It was bad enough that the trainer packs increased in price, but now I need over 600 trainers to increase a character to level 42? I spend 1500 gold on the mega trainer packs and most of the time I get the minimum award. I’ve bought well over a dozen of these packs and have never once received more than 7k trainers. That means I can level up approximately 7 or 8 times. What is going on? Seems like the Devs are intentionally trying to price out the casual gamers and make the app strictly pay to play. I’ve had a lot of fun with the game but I won’t continue to play if something isn’t done to correct this. 

Comments

• Highroller299Highroller299 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    You're exactly right. Something's seriously wrong with their system since they went from the old trainer packages to the new two-tier system. I've opened more than 20 500-gold packs, and never gotten more than 1,200 trainers. That's ridiculous. The same with the 1500-gold pack. Highest I've received: 4700 trainers. 

I've spent money on this game, but won't give them another dime until they adopt a fairer system.
    Oh, and matchmaking has become unbearable. In PvP, I'm drawing 22,000 rosters every single time. My top roster is below 14k. It's B.S.
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    No real odds on loot boxes. 
    I believe that’s against Apples rules
  • InfernusInfernus Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    It’s almost a form of gambling at this point, only the odds are heavily stacked against the player. 
  • TheDestroyerAuTheDestroyerAu Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    It’s actual extortion/robbery. 

As a player who used to spend a lot on this game my outlay has dropped considerably and keeps dropping by the day now due to basic things like the opening post of this thread highlights where they are just out to **** everyone over.

i have never got more than 1200 for COUNTLESS 500 gold trainer cases when advertising 1000-50000 lololl. And everyone says the same, always gives you the minimum. Same applies to the expensive 1500 gold trainer although I have only tried it a handful of times and yup the minimum won every time. And like I said earlier, this is not just me but basically everyone is saying same thing.

Having a business model of screwing over players for a slight bit of extra profit is a horrific way to go over having reasonable cases/prices and having people spend more. Because long run they are losing out on so much more overall profit. 
    edited June 2019
    This is what I routinely get from a 1500g trainer draft. I’ve bought around 12-15 of these and the only time I’ve ever pulled more than this I got 7k

I just bought another 500g draft. Sure enough, I got 1k trainers. It’s not even worth playing the game anymore at this point. 
  • HitmanHartHitmanHart Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    It’s actual extortion/robbery. 

As a player who used to spend a lot on this game my outlay has dropped considerably and keeps dropping by the day now due to basic things like the opening post of this thread highlights where they are just out to **** everyone over.

i have never got more than 1200 for COUNTLESS 500 gold trainer cases when advertising 1000-50000 lololl. And everyone says the same, always gives you the minimum. Same applies to the expensive 1500 gold trainer although I have only tried it a handful of times and yup the minimum won every time. And like I said earlier, this is not just me but basically everyone is saying same thing.

Having a business model of screwing over players for a slight bit of extra profit is a horrific way to go over having reasonable cases/prices and having people spend more. Because long run they are losing out on so much more overall profit. 
    Hopefully, they do not follow the Scopely method of treating its paying customers. If any of you play or have played WWE Champions then you know what I am talking about. Basically, charge tons of money for things and have the odds set at incredibly low numbers, we’re talking like less than 1% chance for you to get the main prize.

There needs to be a balance where the customer sees value in the product and the company gets rewarded as such. If the customer feels they are getting gouged or taken advantage of then this game won’t last very long as it hasn’t earned the large player base to already be pulling this kind of crap.
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    The fact the fact that many of the loot boxes aren’t specific about the odds is pretty clear on their direction. I am surprised that Apple hasn’t whacked them yet.