[RELEASE NOTES] WWE Universe v1.1 out today!

[Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts

Just letting the WWE Universe community now that the latest version of WWE Universe should show up on the App Store and Google Play today.

What's new?

PvP Gauntlet Mode
- The Gauntlet is a new mode that requires 5 Superstars per level. Each match can be Quick-simmed or played manually. After winning at least 3 of 5 matches you move onto the next level. The previous Superstars used are unable to be used again in that Gauntlet, and certain levels have restrictions (such as RAW only Superstars).
- Gauntlet also comes with a club-related event. Completing higher levels will result in more points.
- A daily objective for Gauntlet has been added.
- Completing higher Gauntlet levels results in better rewards. Reach certain milestones for some great rewards!
- If you run out of Superstars for Gauntlet mode, draft picks will be available for purchase in the Superstar Select screen.

PvP Battle Mode
- In PvP mode when a match is clearly favored to one side, Quick-sim will become available.
- When in a PvP battle or Gauntlet level you have the option to improve your Superstars without having to enter the Roster screen.

General Improvements
- More entrance music and superstar sound clips have been added, further increasing authenticity!
- Improved Bonus Superstar explanation visuals
- Ability to go directly to Store to get Bonus Superstars
- When a bonus is active, the Superstar sort order will display relevant Superstars first
- After using the Quick-sim feature in a storyline, your Superstar's health will be reduced based on the match ratings.
- When drafting certain Silver or Gold Superstars a Draft Pick for that Superstar will trigger -- this gives the ability for user to immediately improve newly-unlocked Superstars

Comments

• likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Gauntlet mode takes forever, swiping left to get to lower level players. 
    Not worth the time and effort. 
  • MrLazyMrLazy Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Agree..After the bonus cards the roster should be in reverse order...Also the other negative at the moment is club roster battles is slightly hidden as it's not showing on club or main page like it used to (so have to go to play then roster battles)not a big problem but a slight annoyance unless it's because the update was mid event, and hense had to continue with both and not just the gauntlet..
  • dashbennettdashbennett Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    I don’t know if this was intentional, but since the update it looks like the ability to continue (pay gold or watch a video) a story after losing a match is gone. Now the screen just says get better superstars, with no continue options.
  • EichenEichen Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    The new mode might be fun if t was for the Awful roster sort.  I have over 100 male wrestlers that I have to scroll through to get to the bottom of my roster.  Please, please reverse the roster order!!  (and sort the bonus characters by power so we don't miss using them when we should because they are out of order)
  • NashvilleLouNashvilleLou Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Good first impression with the new PvP Gauntlet mode. Wasn't sure what to expect, but I like it. A bit tricky the first time around trying to anticipate how tough the next opponent will be, but that is part of the strategy/fun. And I like being able to easily upgrade a given wrestler within the Gauntlet mode itself.

I do have to echo what others have noted about the left swiping on the roster selection part getting a bit tedious, like a bad run on Tinder or something. But I know screen space is limited, so I don't necessarily have a suggested remedy for that.
  • Ayatola_ZolaAyatola_Zola Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    We should be able to pick from certain brands as well so we dont have to swipe through 100 wrestlers
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    A simple sort toggle ⬆️⬇️ please
  • Ayatola_ZolaAyatola_Zola Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Also when i click to pick 1st wrestler don't reset me to beginning please, would make it so much easier and less strenuous 
  • NashvilleLouNashvilleLou Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I started the day at Level 20, but thanks to the PvP Gauntlet I've been able to move up to being with five wins of a Level 22 Title Match. So that's another big positive about the mode for me, and I imagine others as well.

The actual Gauntlet itself has given me motivation to boost up some of my lower-end wrestlers to where they can at least be used for the first couple of rounds, like my Bronze star Sid (Vicious). Granted, I'm mostly simming the matches (and thank you for that option, developers!), but it will be fun nonetheless to be able to utilize them in some way.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    We hear you on the roster sort and will be patching in a Reverse Order button soon.
  • cryptkeeper1581cryptkeeper1581 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    What about the roster battle not working. Is this going to be fixed at all??
  • dolphziggilodolphziggilo Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Yeh when you patch, do you think you could also make it a forced update instead of having 2 versions of the game. Currently people who haven’t updated can gauntlet and roster battles 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    We prefer to have people migrate organically. We don't want to force an update unless we know that the build is absolutely stable.
  • dolphziggilodolphziggilo Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Ok if that’s the case with the stability, can you open roster battles on the new patch so at least it’s an even playing field for everyone. I understand that the next event is roster battle Royale,  But for future events until we are all on stable patch, it’s easier to get points in a roster battle as you can use your bonuses constantly not just once like in gauntlet