Gauntlet sliding difficulty

shadowkhaishadowkhai Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
How is the sliding difficulty determined?  

My difficulty has increased mid event the last couple gauntlets. It’s frustrating to try to raise your superstars to get to level 17 for the reward and then get punished by the difficulty sliding even harder. 
Prev1

Comments

• J3rryDamag3J3rryDamag3 Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    The difficulty going up makes it seem like we're punished for advancing in the game.  I used to be able to get to 26 or so without much trouble.  Now I can't make it past 15, despite my roster being much much better.  The game should get easier for you as you get better at it, not so hard that you're wondering what else you need to do to keep up.
  • shadowkhaishadowkhai Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Agreed. If you’re going to make it more difficult as we increase in power I want to know how that works because my roster isn’t improving as fast as my difficulty is increasing. So I’ve dropped from getting into the mid 20s to barely 17 to barely 15 to 13 and now I’m lucky to get to 12. 

Everytime I try to level up superstars to get to later levels the difficulty goes up. 
  • NashvilleLouNashvilleLou Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I've noticed a similar regression as far as levels go in PVP Gauntlet. Never came remotely close to level 26, but I was reaching level 16/17 earlier, as in a month ago give or take. Now I'm lucky to hit level 12. But the mode itself remains fun with some elements of strategy in play.
  • efka00efka00 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Same for me. If i update roster i regression in gauntlet. Same as evolve superstar to 3rd star cost 50gold now its 150 gold. Ita sh** we are punishing to playing and progressing in the game
  • dogtrashdogtrash Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    The new prices are almost absurd, too expensive!  
    It seems the more you progress, the harder it gets and the more disadvantage u have in the roster battle.
  • thejd44thejd44 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    For me, the first three levels are 230+, but for someone in the club I'm in, they're 260+.
    I've been trying to figure out if it's tied to your level or your roster strength.

Either way, it shouldn't change. Why have level 25 if the game is designed so you can never get there because as soon as you level up enough to do so the suggested roster strength (which is BS anyway since the opponents are usually way, way above that number) skyrockets?
  • NashvilleLouNashvilleLou Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    It tends to work better if you take the suggested number and double it relative to the strength of the wrestlers you choose for a given round, particularly beyond round four, at least if you have the depth to do it without jeopardizing future rounds.

There is some luck of the draw involved (e.g. landing an unbalanced opponent with 200-300 level cards and one 600 level gold or whatever) that can create problems for landing a perfect round, of course. Not an easy balance, and I'm sure they're trying to calibrate the game to keep it fun but also encouraging spending. And that last part is important, as if the paying players go away, likely so will the game.
    I like the concept of gauntlet but it's just not fun.  Right now I grind points for up to level 10 then don't even really push because I know that 15 is about where I'll get if I'm lucky.  I got Io last week but haven't come close to Fox, Taker, or Rey.  I know that the game is still new so as these things come up that they will be tweaked.  I hope that Glu looks at gauntlet and does make some adjustments to it so that it's not punishing to players for making their rosters better.  
    Any way to get some kind of official response on this?  Clearly it’s affecting a significant portion of the user base. 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Yep. Pretty much getting ready to bail on this game. Degree of difficulty went up dramatically for me. Haven’t won a PVP (not gauntlet) match and am losing 4 out of 5 roster matches. 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Any way to get some kind of official response on this?  Clearly it’s affecting a significant portion of the user base. 
    I've reported it to the dev team but I have nothing further to add.  Keep the discussion open.
    To continue this discussion. I’m currently able to beat level 13-14 if I get lucky with the positioning of the overpowered opponents. So since they’ve introduced the rewards at 15 or 17 I have yet to be able to get to that level so I have been blocked from this portion of the game. 
    How are the levels figured out? Mine just went up to 500 starting so now I can’t even get as far as I had been.  It’s incredibly frustrating to get better at a game and do worse in it.  I get that it’s meant to continue to challenge the players, but it actually discourages you because a team this rate you’ll get a 50k top 5 and be able to just make it to level 5 in gauntlet.
  • hufstetlerhufstetler Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Did you upgrade your top 5?
    Did you upgrade your top 5?
    Brie is in my top 5 and I grinded more shards for her.  Between that and just normal working on people for bonus I figured that was what had done it.  But the point still stands that I shouldn’t get worse at the game for making my roster better.
    Well that’s what apparently started this sliding scale. Newbies and low level people were complaining that people were getting farther than them and it was unfair. Despite the fact they had been around longer and spent more money on the game. Thus the sliding scale was introduced. The issue is that I raised here is no one knows what the parameters are that moves you up a level. There are people with about the same top 5 power as me that start at 1000. Even a rough answer of “its based on the % of your top five power to your whole roster”. Or it’s related to your top 5 and the number of characters you have above a certain number of shards. 

I know blue leopard has asked the Devs. I just hope they give him some sort of information. 
    Well, now the situation is that the older players can’t get the gauntlet characters while the newer players can.  
    Well, now the situation is that the older players can’t get the gauntlet characters while the newer players can.  
    Precisely. Which alienates the veteran and more likely paying player base who has no way of knowing what they’re doing “wrong” or how to fix it so they can get the shards. 

I’m all for rolling it back to where everyone starts at the same point. Newer players shouldn’t be able to make it as far as people who have played longer
    Any updates to this?  Seems like a good day to discuss it more since it was Gauntlet with no superstar.
    It's absolutely fair that more experienced players can get further in the gauntlet, and it's too bad they changed the game to handicap those who play more (and, possibly, spend more money). Every other RPG-type game where you level up I've ever played does not punish the player for getting better. Leveling up should be a good thing, but with this game, I'm actually afraid that if I make my characters too good, it will then become harder to win. That makes no sense!

Specifically with the gauntlet, in the time I've been playing (two months), I've seen the same available gold wrestlers 2-3 times if not more. That's a good thing. In theory that means players have more than one chance to acquire that gold card, so if you're new and haven't build up enough wrestlers to get to that level, it's OK. You'll have another chance in a week or two or three. That's how it should work. Except what actually happens is I build up enough characters to beat Level 17, but by time I do that, what used to be Level 17 is now Level 12. It's a constant battle and it's either impossible or the way to do it (how to build wrestlers properly) is not explained.
    Honestly I’d love to see Gauntlet fix the difficutly.  A time first it was too easy with a start of 100.  But a start of 300 would make it challenging for new players and give us older players something to still do and make progress on.  If 17 is too easy then, raise it to 21 or something.  Some adjusting to Gauntlet needs to happen though as it’s just not good in its current iteration as many have stated here. 

Also one thing I’d like to add is to keep a superstar in gauntlet always.  My club is usually at the top of gauntlet due to us grinding for a superstar.  But yesterday we actually sat out and didn’t play much at all due to the lack of something to grind for.  I’d love to see a superstar up there all the time, even on days when the club event isn’t Gauntlet.
    20 days and no official response. 

Glu’s cup of care is empty. 
    Actually a related question because I know there are players out there with a much higher top 5 than me that still start at 400. Is it possible for the number to go back down?    

Still looking for any kind of insight into this. 
    So we’ve got Roster Battle again today.  Is this a sign that Gauntlet is being worked on before we do it for an event again?
    Not necessarily. Last week Monday/Wednesday was Roster Battle and Tuesday/Thursday was Gauntlet.
  • hufstetlerhufstetler Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    There were indeed some minor updates to Gauntlet. But the sliding difficulty is still broken. At least that’s what I choose to describe it as until Glu gives us instruction on how it is adjusted 
  • DanielJobberDanielJobber Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    See, my thought is that I'm happy I can only get to Lvl 12 now, because a single round is quicker, and I can get on to the next round. I remember getting to level 15 and above earlier, but the gauntlet seemed to drag on and on, so I don't mind the steeper growth curve. Does it really hurt people's feelings that only the best can get to lvl 15? It means nothing if you get the same rewards and rank increase in 12 levels as you used to get in 15 or more levels, at least in comparison  to other players. Quicker gauntlet runs doesn't bug me any.
    See, my thought is that I'm happy I can only get to Lvl 12 now, because a single round is quicker, and I can get on to the next round. I remember getting to level 15 and above earlier, but the gauntlet seemed to drag on and on, so I don't mind the steeper growth curve. Does it really hurt people's feelings that only the best can get to lvl 15? It means nothing if you get the same rewards and rank increase in 12 levels as you used to get in 15 or more levels, at least in comparison  to other players. Quicker gauntlet runs doesn't bug me any.
    Quicker rounds but you don’t get the same rewards as when you got 17 or even 15.  If the pricing adjusted with the scale then I’d be ok with that.  But what this does is lock our players from any kind of top prizing. The only people I know to get past 17 at ones who start below me or guys who used to stop your streaks in roster battles.  If the prizing adjusted to go along with your scale then I’d be ok with that as players could still get these new gold superstars.  But as it stands now you have to make your roster better to get to 17, only for that to make your starting point go up and thus you never really get anywhere or even have a chance at the gold superstars because it’s like you’re in a race and they keep moving the finish line to be further and further away from you.
    Does it really hurt people's feelings that only the best can get to lvl 15? 

And that’s the point the lesser power players are able to get further along in the gauntlet than players with better rosters

It means nothing if you get the same rewards and rank increase in 12 levels as you used to get in 15 or more levels
    To your second point you don’t still get the rewards. They don’t slide with the difficulty. They stay at level 17 etc. you are just no longer able to get there. 
  • AlexfromWWEUniverseAlexfromWWEUniverse Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I have been playing Gauntlet for the last month and I am going to say I have made it to level 16, but after raising a lot of fighters to 5K+ in power the recommended power in gauntlet has gone up, I am now only making it to level 14 only, I have played since beta