Options

Issues with Quests

AethAeth Registered Users 4 Posts
I'm in Episode 3. I reached the police station, defeated the boss, and opened the Safe. Out popped a red vial which I assume is the DEAD serum I needed.

My inventory was full, and since Quest items non-sensically take up inventory space, I fought my way through a pile of zombies to get back to a safehouse in order to sell a few things. In the past, items had stayed where they were dropped for a while, so I figured I'd be fine, since it was a quest item.

It took me 2 full runs of Energy to get myself back to a safehouse, and then back to the police station, so several hours passed. The DEAD was no longer on the floor. I beat the zombies in the room in order to loot the box that appeared there. No DEAD. Did it again, no dice. I still have the quest to obtain it. It's definitely not in my inventory. I actually went out of the police station and then right back in initially because I realized I could free 1 spot for the cool weapon dropped by the Boss, and so I did, and the DEAD was there that first time when I went back in. I grabbed the weapon because I reasoned that perhaps that might disappear after a time, but the Quest item was sure to remain as it was necessary to the story. Clearly not.

So now I have no ability to move forward. A pretty large bug to let Quest items disappear from the floor once released.

Additionally, I had a limited time quest to get 4 batteries for someone earlier in the Episode, and though I scavenged and got them, time ran out before I had the Energy to fight my way back to deliver them. So the quest expired, no big deal. However, I can't get rid of the batteries in my inventory. They cannot be sold or trashed; I get a notice that they are a quest item. A friend tells me I'll need batteries again in Episode 4, but having them take up a slot of my inventory for all of Episode 3 was pretty obnoxious.

Any help you can give would be great.

Comments

• Options
    KillerconceptzKillerconceptz Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have the same issue, beat the boss so I'm just going through the city coming back and forth to see if the vial of DEAD shows, and it never does!
  • Options
    BmatherlyBmatherly Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have the same issue. I can't move forward, very frustrating! I'm ready to just delete the game, but I really hate to do that because it was so much fun up til now. Please fix!
  • Options
    KillerconceptzKillerconceptz Registered Users 2 Posts
    Really hope there's a fix soon, because I really want to progress, but probably will end up deleting unfortunately.
  • Options
    TonyPoeHoTonyPoeHo Registered Users 239 Posts
    Aeth wrote: »
    I'm in Episode 3. I reached the police station, defeated the boss, and opened the Safe. Out popped a red vial which I assume is the DEAD serum I needed.

My inventory was full, and since Quest items non-sensically take up inventory space, I fought my way through a pile of zombies to get back to a safehouse in order to sell a few things. In the past, items had stayed where they were dropped for a while, so I figured I'd be fine, since it was a quest item.

It took me 2 full runs of Energy to get myself back to a safehouse, and then back to the police station, so several hours passed. The DEAD was no longer on the floor. I beat the zombies in the room in order to loot the box that appeared there. No DEAD. Did it again, no dice. I still have the quest to obtain it. It's definitely not in my inventory. I actually went out of the police station and then right back in initially because I realized I could free 1 spot for the cool weapon dropped by the Boss, and so I did, and the DEAD was there that first time when I went back in. I grabbed the weapon because I reasoned that perhaps that might disappear after a time, but the Quest item was sure to remain as it was necessary to the story. Clearly not.

So now I have no ability to move forward. A pretty large bug to let Quest items disappear from the floor once released.

Additionally, I had a limited time quest to get 4 batteries for someone earlier in the Episode, and though I scavenged and got them, time ran out before I had the Energy to fight my way back to deliver them. So the quest expired, no big deal. However, I can't get rid of the batteries in my inventory. They cannot be sold or trashed; I get a notice that they are a quest item. A friend tells me I'll need batteries again in Episode 4, but having them take up a slot of my inventory for all of Episode 3 was pretty obnoxious.

Any help you can give would be great.

If your stuck, just quit the episode and restart. Space is a problem I face pretty often so just drop weapons/use some healing, etc.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -*POW*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -~Gone With The Wind~- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Add Me On GameCenter @ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "TonyPoeHo" - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    And perhaps run into the issue again? No thanks.

I'm aware of how to free space, but was fully healed and hate dropping stuff when it can be sold. Never mind dropping items I may need later or that I'm waiting to level up to equip just to get a quest item is pretty lame
  • Options
    And perhaps run into the issue again? No thanks.

I'm aware of how to free space, but was fully healed and hate dropping stuff when it can be sold. Never mind dropping items I may need later or that I'm waiting to level up to equip just to get a quest item is pretty lame

Well you never know if you never try!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -*POW*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -~Gone With The Wind~- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Add Me On GameCenter @ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "TonyPoeHo" - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    I appreciate the enthusiasm, but the point is that stuff is supposed to work, not that you're supposed to keep trying it over and hoping the bug doesn't recur. And the point of this forum is to let them know about bugs so they can be fixed, which is what game-players that care do. I'm in QA for a living...this is what I do. :)

That said, I saw the update last night with bugfixes. Downloaded it, went and looked, no DEAD formula. So I restarted episode 3.

Made sure to pick up everything right away, so that was fine, though it doesn't mean the disappearing-quest-items bug is fixed. The battery quest is still screwed up though. Blitz told me someone at Camp needed batteries, and then the game made me pick up another 4, so now I've got 8. The game should know if you already have quest items in your inventory, especially ones you can't trash. When I finished picking them up (which I did immediately upon receiving the quest), no quest appeared to give them to anyone, like before. No expiration notice every came up. And when I finally got back to camp, there was no one to give them to.
  • Options
    I appreciate the enthusiasm, but the point is that stuff is supposed to work, not that you're supposed to keep trying it over and hoping the bug doesn't recur. And the point of this forum is to let them know about bugs so they can be fixed, which is what game-players that care do. I'm in QA for a living...this is what I do. :)

That said, I saw the update last night with bugfixes. Downloaded it, went and looked, no DEAD formula. So I restarted episode 3.

Made sure to pick up everything right away, so that was fine, though it doesn't mean the disappearing-quest-items bug is fixed. The battery quest is still screwed up though. Blitz told me someone at Camp needed batteries, and then the game made me pick up another 4, so now I've got 8. The game should know if you already have quest items in your inventory, especially ones you can't trash. When I finished picking them up (which I did immediately upon receiving the quest), no quest appeared to give them to anyone, like before. No expiration notice every came up. And when I finally got back to camp, there was no one to give them to.

You said another 4, you already had 4 in your inventory? What episode are you on and what device are you using along with the model?