Options

Tasking dog to fetch items

SanitoidSanitoid Registered Users 9 Posts
Hi,

Curious if there is a specific action that will ask your dog to fetch health or supplies, or if the option comes on its own (either sporadically, or is there any set frequency)?
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    You mean Scruffy?

If so, then yes. When you buy him, he will stay by your side in the game. He has a speech bubble where you can ask him to find supplies or find health items.

Then he goes off for a bit and will come back with the stuff after a short wait, but he can't do it all the time. There's a cooldown for the number of times he can fetch. I can't say how long yet because I haven't timed it or anything lol.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    SanitoidSanitoid Registered Users 9 Posts
    Yes, sorry...blanked on his name!
    Just seems rather lengthy and/or sporadic when the thought bubble displays. Perhaps once or twice a day? But at least I feel better knowing it comes up on its own and I'm not missing any opportunities to gather more supplies.
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    Perhaps. I can see why there's a limit though.

For one, poor Scruffy would get too tired! And two, he assists in your gameplay, but having him constantly get items would make the game way too easy!

So nope, you're not missing anything :3

You're welcome!
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    juleijulei Registered Users 1 Posts
    hi all.. newbie here..
    i would like to ask u guys.. which one more worthy whether spend 60 golden skulls and buy scruffy or just spend it on premium weapon??

specs of premium weapons look very nice and some of them could be less than 60 (scruffy's price)..

one thing n bit not sure for me, i hate buy a weapon that consume 2 energy points :(
  • Options
    It's obviously up to you, but I would measure it depending on your personal usage of items. Scruffy is great for that if you use a lot of items because he fetches you items like ammo and health. But if you don't use items much, and you don't care much for the bonuses he gives, then you could probably look at the premium items.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    RiotllamaRiotllama Registered Users 50 Posts
    How do you get scruffy to fetch ammo? My options are health or items. When I choose items, he always brings me cat food.
  • Options
    boowaiboowai Registered Users 13 Posts
    Hi there, i had Scruffy too. On my game play, the cooldown time is about 4 to 6 hours, i hope he can grab some higher point stuff other than Cat food, i am at level 20, 3 energy are now enough. Hopefully he can be upgrade to have attack and defance function.
  • Options
    boowaiboowai Registered Users 13 Posts
    Hi julei, newbie here too, but i plaied till level 20 now, i bought Scruffy with my 60 skulls, than i try to save more from the free skulls games, but i only manage to save 64 skulls. In the end i made my 1st buying the golden skulls i wanted to buy the B slot for my 2nd outfit, is 75 golden skills. The premium weapons can always get from the game play, the better weapons drop are from the crates which with the time limit. Try to get there in time to grab it or play the chapter over agine. Premium outfits are harder to come by, but when you you get it, it usually help you play through for a longer time. I bought a level 20 bullet proof vest for 100 skulls, i think is worth it because my last one was level 9 that help my play till level 20. Hope we can share more soon, happy gaming ya! Cheers!
  • Options
    Riotllama wrote: »
    How do you get scruffy to fetch ammo? My options are health or items. When I choose items, he always brings me cat food.

Oh oops, i think i meant energy and not ammo -.- my bad.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    RiotllamaRiotllama Registered Users 50 Posts
    I'd go for the weapon if I could do it over again. 60 skulls wasted on something that promised to fetch me ammo. I had visions of running out of bullets far from any merchants and just asking scruffy to get me some more shotgun shells, but no. Instead every 6 hours I get a can of cat food. I can get cat food from a merchant every 8 hours.

Scruffy's time limit should be halved and he should have some more fetch options.

And stop advertising things he cannot do in the lower levels! I was so excited when I finally earned enough skulls to buy him and then he was a huge disappointment.
  • Options
    ZAMFaddictZAMFaddict Registered Users 123 Posts
    I'd buy scruffy over a premium item you'll end up trashing when you get to a higher level. I wish they would let us change Scruffy's appearance. He brings the tuna can sized energy, which I think is just 3 energy. I have only sent him for health once. I think he brought the pill bottle of health, but I'm not positive.
  • Options
    ZAMFaddictZAMFaddict Registered Users 123 Posts
    Scruffy hasn't ever brought ammo, but I never play with the gun weapons due to the ammo shortage. I would use skulls to buy a slot for you to carry something, before buying Scruffy.
  • Options
    CapreoriesCapreories Registered Users 10 Posts
    Today I was low on health and sent Scruffy for it instead of energy and he didn't bring the pill bottle like usual he brought the bandage(that looks like a roll of toilet paper at first glance lol) now if he would only bring the candy bars ;)
  • Options
    odangoodango Registered Users 25 Posts
    I would not have bought scruffy first. Would have spent the skulls on getting a second equipment slot first.