Options

Obvious Hacker Is Obvious

Right then Glu, I think you guys need to look into your game code because Survivor Tristan literally just jumped from 6th place with around 600 gems to first with over 1700 gems. Coming from the legit first place (myself) it's frustrating to see somebody just hack 1100 gems in and blow into first with no competition. The event has not been out long enough for such a massive amount of gems.

I just blew a ton of money getting my ass to first. Please do something about this guy ASAP.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Rebecca33Rebecca33 Registered Users 89 Posts
    Right then Glu, I think you guys need to look into your game code because Survivor Tristan literally just jumped from 6th place with around 600 gems to first with over 1700 gems. Coming from the legit first place (myself) it's frustrating to see somebody just hack 1100 gems in and blow into first with no competition. The event has not been out long enough for such a massive amount of gems.

I just blew a ton of money getting my ass to first. Please do something about this guy ASAP.

?

uDWGfmZ.jpg
    If you're looking for a multi platform game that's super generous with premium currency and holds regular kickass events, then try Hello Hero for iOS, for Android or even for Facebook (just look for Hello Hero) - use my referrer code Philson on the Keronic server to win the rarest monsters in game! ;)
  • Options
    Chris MosqueChris Mosque Registered Users 11 Posts
    I have screenshots. Let me see if I can upload from my phone from work

EDIT: I have a terrible connection ATM but I'd like to note the issue seems to have resolved itself. I'll link the pictures as soon as they upload for archival purposes in case this is a big that needs fixing

Edit for archiving purposes:

http://imgur.com/Tz27dn2
    http://imgur.com/A3Y8J8j
  • Options
    http://imgur.com/GrFqczz

Yeah..... Is this a server glitch or the most obvious hack ever?
  • Options
    SuperlimboSuperlimbo Registered Users 51 Posts
    I noticed that, too. If hacker, not subtle, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Considering my placement on the leaderboards i'd like to see this resolved as soon as possible. If someone with that won the whole thing I'd be quite upset with Glu.
  • Options
    http://imgur.com/vM9cmyg
    Seriously Glu? Get on this shit. There is 2 of them now. FIX IT!
  • Options
    This event is officially ****. I happened to have one of the people that were in the top list in my friends list and saw then at the safehouse. After collecting my 10% from them I jumped up by like hundreds of thousands of points. I have gotten the Big Gun the is the 25k reward and have no reason to keep playing the event. Hooray, I'll manage to make it in the top 100… what an empty win that I otherwise would have ended in first place for… I really regret spending 400 golden skulls on this event only to have the event handed to me by a stupid hacker…. Reimbursement for all that I spent would be nice considering I didn't need any of them to be where I am now.
  • Options
    Judging by the time it took Glu to handle the previous event's bugs, I doubt they will have gotten rid of the hackers by the end of this event.

That said, they are hackers and will be banned eventually. Also, there is no prize for being placed first at the end of the event, speaking from experience.
    If you're looking for a multi platform game that's super generous with premium currency and holds regular kickass events, then try Hello Hero for iOS, for Android or even for Facebook (just look for Hello Hero) - use my referrer code Philson on the Keronic server to win the rarest monsters in game! ;)
  • Options
    I am so confused as to how people are getting their gems. I cannot even find people in the safehouses.
  • Options
    Either way I wanted the self accomplishment. I also hope I don't get banned for stumbling into this hack by accident. I hate that I'm a part of the illegitimate scores now. I don't think they should remove the help from friends perk for the next event, that's just being reactive instead of proactive. Still, this hacker totally ruined the spirit of competition for this event. ;(
  • Options
    I think I am too stupid to figure out how to hack the system but I am upset that I am playing legitimately and may get knocked off the top scores because people will condone this behavior.
  • Options
    Either way I wanted the self accomplishment. I also hope I don't get banned for stumbling into this hack by accident. I hate that I'm a part of the illegitimate scores now. I don't think they should remove the help from friends perk for the next event, that's just being reactive instead of proactive. Still, this hacker totally ruined the spirit of competition for this event. ;(

With all due respect, it's not clear to me how the ZAMF team intended for players, with or without IAPs of energy, to achieve the final tier of rewards. Time wise, it simply isn't possible to earn 23k of gems in 5 days.

Unless someone can prove me wrong.
  • Options
    Rebecca, it is theoretically possible but it is based on the friend system working, which I am still puzzling over. It says to meet so-and-so at safehouse and I go there and nada. I check all the other safehouses, too.
    But I digress. So let's say that you and 10 other friends make 1000 gems/day and you meet up. A (w/1000 gems) passes 100 gems to B (now with 1100 gems) who passes 110 gems to C and so on. By the time it gets to you, you get 200 gems. So there is a snowball effect if you can get a group of people to collaborate within a game. But that would be a lot of time finding the right circle of folks.
  • Options
    Rebecca33 wrote: »
    With all due respect, it's not clear to me how the ZAMF team intended for players, with or without IAPs of energy, to achieve the final tier of rewards. Time wise, it simply isn't possible to earn 23k of gems in 5 days.

Unless someone can prove me wrong.

I was honestly thinking the exact same thing. I managed to average 3k Gems on the first 24 hour time period but that was even after spending 400 Golden Skulls in energy. To hit their marker using that logic (keep in mind I was also managing to successfully collect from friends every ~6 hours, they were properly appearing in safehouses for me) I'd have had to have spent at LEAST 1500 golden skulls most likely to reach the 23k which would be about 50$. This is assuming great luck and low costs on killing the zombies (now that the event is ruined I guess I should share with people that didn't realize, the boss mobs are repeatable. I was farming the last 2 bosses on the rooftops every time they respawned which seemed to be about 1 hour. Their chests were dropping ~45 and ~75 for each boss. It was the cheapest energy investment for payout) and just got crits and triple hits like crazy.

I get that they want to make money but perhaps they should focus more on getting their events to work properly before they try gouging us for every cent that we have with IAP.

For anyone that isn't "lucky" enough to have a friend that is now a part of this viral gem sharing hack I'll just put your hearts at ease and tell you the "Big Gun" is nothing special, certainyl not worth the previously mentioned investment.

Level 23 Pistol.
    4 Rounds per "clip"
    309 Damage
    +2 Health
    +2 Luck
    +30 Attack

Sure, the damage and attack are decent but it really isn't that amazing. I find myself relying more on a high Luck skill to be honest (currently @ +31.5%) because that has the possibility for greater numbers through crits, in which case the 15k clamps are a much better item IMO.

In the end, it seems these events are more a money sink for Glu and less of an enjoyable event for their player base. With this in mind, I'm sure the hacker most likely thought the same thing and figured he'd circumvent the whole "giving them between 50-75 dollars" part and skip right to the big middle finger to Glu.

I'm not happy that my money got wasted trying to maintain my first place slot (I really liked the idea of being first this time around) but I guess this is the way the cookie crumbles. Hopefully Glu will stop milking their story for much longer and be done with it. I'd like to see the way this all ends but if their next event is as disappointing as their last two have been I might have to just drop the game cold turkey.
  • Options
    ZAMFaddictZAMFaddict Registered Users 123 Posts
    Came here to try to find info on the over 440 million gems in the winner slots. I am really enjoying the event and actually saw some friends to share gems with this morning. The hack thing is disappointing and ruins the fun of trying to place against other people.
  • Options
    Just wanted to add to what you said Chris:

For myself, what I truly find disappointing was the way they set up this event in relation to the previous event: this event is missing the significant amount of farmable energy rewards, especially at the lower level zombie areas.

I make it mean that Glu did not generate the amount of money they predicted on the previous event, so that's why they created this event without energy drink rewards to nudge players into energy IAPs.

Which, if true, is massively disappointing.

Last event, I did grumble about the sheer amount of gems to grind out to reach the maximum tier. And by no means was it an easy or fast grind.

But guess what? I had fun then. This time around, I'm not bothering to farm for gems. I know that even if I stop playing today, I will still be in the top 100 by event end. Top 10 even, judging by the participation level, and excluding hackers (speaking of which, I find it curious that I do not seem to see any hacked scores in my leaderboard - I am ranked 2nd behind Tristan, he has ~3.3k)

So yeah, major fail on events this time Glu.

EDIT: In what may be a karmic twist, I got this bug on the second day - don't need 23k gems or hacks to tell me I'm Top Tier! :D

9vA1lnE.jpg
  • Options
    862,289,405 for top place now.
  • Options
    odangoodango Registered Users 25 Posts
    I don't know how people hacked it but I somehow ran across them cuz all of the sudden when I collected from a friend I had like 4million gems. Was so shocked. Dunno what to do. I got all the gem gear and the stages are so energy consuming it is impossible to progress without spending money on skulls. I will buy skulls to unlock bag slots but I am not gonna dump them into energy refills.

So now no reason to play the event. I am close to level 22 though I might go back and try it out once I level up and can use better gear.
  • Options
    Well, they are doing something weird with the rankings...
  • Options
    margravemargrave Registered Users 10 Posts
    Yeah I was in the top 100 last night now i'm in the 8000's I think the reason i got to the top 100 in the first place was because you Chris so I'm not sure how i should complain or not, but I do think Glu at theis point needs to give everyone the top reward. (btw anyone know wherethe secret is in this level?)
  • Options
    MambamandaMambamanda Registered Users 4 Posts
    The exact same thing happened to me. Chris is my friend and gave me gems in the safe house, and our little circle of forum friends was took over the top ranks. I go today and find I have one pink gem and am in the 8000s. I don't mind them taking away gems that were unfairly gained through a hack, but they have also taken gems I earned fairly and I haven't been able to gain any more through playing. It sucks, I love this game but when stuff like this happens it is immensely frustrating. What is the point in playing Nightmare anymore?
  • Options
    RiotllamaRiotllama Registered Users 50 Posts
    Man before the hack I was jostling between 4 and 12 after the hack I was between 3 and 8 now all the sudden I am 8843 and getting lower every time I log in to play more. This sucks.
  • Options
    wikileakwikileak Registered Users 30 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the top hackers are all going to get banned, so don't worry about the cheaters.
    In terms of getting gems from friends...if you have friends that are playing the event you can find them in the safehouses as well as in the starting area by the bonfire. They have to have some gems on them, and you will get 10% of their gems.
  • Options
    wikileakwikileak Registered Users 30 Posts
    I can confirm that the top player in the event now only has like 4k gems. All the players with millions of gems have been banned
  • Options
    We got banned because we friended someone who had tons of gems? I don't get it.
  • Options
    I didn't hack but now have a ton of gems from a friend. I spent money on the game after this happened which should show on record. I wouldn't spend real cash on a game if I had a hacked version with unlimited resources. If I am banned because they messed up by allowing friends to share gems, I'll be ticked. I was ranked higher before friends shared with me.
  • Options
    MambamandaMambamanda Registered Users 4 Posts
    Why are we banned for something completely out of my control? I didn't hack the game, I just participated in the way Glu intended. Like others, I also used golden skulls that I had paid for the event, and to be excluded for something I didn't do is ridiculous.
  • Options
    jaf0905jaf0905 Registered Users 76 Posts
    I now have over four million gems bit I only had around 2.5k earlier. A friend at my
    safehouse rewarded me over 4,000,000 gems. Is that because someone in my friends is a hacker? It's ruined the event for me now. Can this be fixed?!
    Game Center - resistance0905
  • Options
    I really hope we still get our awards. None of us cheated/hacked. Trickle down effect from 1 or 2 players, I think, spreading... Like a zombie virus!
  • Options
    veclocvecloc Registered Users 36 Posts
    For some reason, I'm glad I didn't prompt to adding friends. I just grind my gems every 2-3 hours. I am glad the team is taking out the hackers who bugs the game. :)