Do not uninstall game - loss of game data android

*******FOR ANDROID USERS*******

Do not uninstall the game. Doing so will also delete your personal game data and cause you to start all over again. If any attempt from Glu's advice has failed, DO NOT UNINSTALL THEN RE-INSTALL UNLESS YOU WANT TO START ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

As many Android users know, Google has an Android Development Kit that includes a kit to allow Google to store a persons app data in the cloud (back up). This option is available in case a person decides to uninstall an app, but later want to re-install it and not lose any data.

Unfortunately, Glu has not given this option to ZAMF. So your personal game data is never backed up. If you feel comfortable, you can manually back up your game data with a backup app along side a File Manager app.

To ensure you have the option for Google to back up your app data, perform the following:
SETTINGS>PRIVACY> and select "Back up my data" and "Automatic Restore".

***************WARNING****************
If you are using a rooted phone, your files are tagged with SU (Super User) permission. So any data that is compromised on the cloud is open to attack. Extreme caution to anyone rooted.
MOTOROLA DROID4 | VERIZON WIRELESS
Google+: Alfredo.Pacheco32 gmail dot com

Comments

• adaminkkadaminkk Registered Users 52 Posts
    That sucks, sorry for your loss.
    I tried to change my avatar, now I can't even see my face. Kids, don't change your avatar :p
  • FredoFredo Registered Users 42 Posts
    adaminkk wrote: »
    That sucks, sorry for your loss.

Better for others to learn from my mistakes rather than have them find out first hand.
  • ZodiacQueenZodiacQueen Registered Users 16 Posts
    Fredo wrote: »
    *******FOR ANDROID USERS*******

Do not uninstall the game. Doing so will also delete your personal game data and cause you to start all over again. If any attempt from Glu's advice has failed, DO NOT UNINSTALL THEN RE-INSTALL UNLESS YOU WANT TO START ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

As many Android users know, Google has an Android Development Kit that includes a kit to allow Google to store a persons app data in the cloud (back up). This option is available in case a person decides to uninstall an app, but later want to re-install it and not lose any data.

Unfortunately, Glu has not given this option to ZAMF. So your personal game data is never backed up. If you feel comfortable, you can manually back up your game data with a backup app along side a File Manager app.

To ensure you have the option for Google to back up your app data, perform the following:
    SETTINGS>PRIVACY> and select "Back up my data" and "Automatic Restore".

***************WARNING****************
    If you are using a rooted phone, your files are tagged with SU (Super User) permission. So any data that is compromised on the cloud is open to attack. Extreme caution to anyone rooted.

Thank you so much for the heads up. I have tried everything that I've felt would be safe to try and no luck. Maybe it will go back to normal once the event is over.
    Thank you so much for the heads up. I have tried everything that I've felt would be safe to try and no luck. Maybe it will go back to normal once the event is over.

I doubt that as many have been complaining of inventory bugs, random crashes, etc. once the hospital event finished. Also, with the response that Glu is giving in regards to "troubleshooting", I don't know if we will see a solid fix anytime soon. It looks like it's hitting certain Android models more than others.

FYI, I have now started to get ads in-game. That could be why things weren't working. The addition of in-game adds.
  • hermun81hermun81 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Is a Kindle an Android device?
    hermun81 wrote: »
    Is a Kindle an Android device?

All Amazon Kindle Fires run the Andriod WebOS. All other models run some native Amazon client.
  • Q N1NJAQ N1NJA Registered Users 13 Posts
    It's possible for Google back up to work. I went from nexus 4 to note 3 and my game data was recovered. It didn't happen in the first attempt but, I refused to play until it did. I didn't want to create new game data that wrote over old one.
    I have no idea. I have Google Backup enabled and my data was lost.