Options

Game Suggestions: Fix Solutions!!

Hello everyone. A user by the name of Fredo thought it would be a good idea to post ANY solutions that you have obtained from a ticket that you have submitted to Glu administration. Or that you heard from another Glu website or working advice from a friend. So here is mine:

"Thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Care.

A common cause of crashes is insufficient working memory due to other programs running at the same time in the background.

To free up more memory for the game:

go into your Settings,
choose "Applications"
then "Manage Applications,"

then tap the "Running" tab where you can close (Force Close button) any apps that aren't essential (Please force close also the Glu game that is giving you trouble).

Please note that we cannot guarantee functionality on rooted devices, If your device is rooted or modified, we are not able to support this option.

IMPORTANT: do NOT tap the "clear data" option. We are not responsible for games erased by mistakenly clearing data for the app in question. Clearing data will erase your game progress.

If your Game was recently updated and stopped working, please see below:

Game updates can be tricky at times especially when the resource file is big.

When the game had been working OK, but no longer starts after the update, it's usually related to the resource pack that recently updated the game. The file was most likely damaged and needs to be replaced.

You may need to access your SD card folders and find the Glu game resource file folders then delete the corresponding file for the game that is causing you trouble. Once this file is deleted, the game will prompt you to download a new resource pack. Please make sure you are on a good WiFi connection and that your SD card has enough room on it.

Usually the location of these resource files on the SD card should be in 2 different area, files have to be deleted from BOTH LOCATIONS

/Android/obb/<package-name> AND /Android/data/<package-name>

For example:

/Android/data/com.glu.android.gunbros_free for Gun Bros

/Android/data/com.glu.android.ck for Contract Killer

/Android/data/com.glu.android.warriors for Eternity Warriors

/Android/data/com.glu.modwarsniper for Front Line Commando

/Android/data/com.glu.gladiator_nr for Blood & Glory (NR)

/Android/data/com.glu.ckzombies2 for Contract killer Zombies 2

/Android/data/com.glu.contractkiller2 for Contract killer 2

/Android/data/com.glu.stardom for Stardom: The A List

/Android/data/com.glu.gunbros2 for Gun Bros 2

/Android/data/com.glu.android.brawler for Big Time Gangsta, etc.

The game should work after your new resource pack is downloaded and installed successfully.

We hope this information helps you in resolving the problem."

Comments

• Options
    FredoFredo Registered Users 42 Posts
    .......If your Game was recently updated and stopped working, please see below:

Game updates can be tricky at times especially when the resource file is big.
    You may need to access your SD card folders and find the Glu game resource file folders then delete the corresponding file for the game that is causing you trouble. Once this file is deleted, the game will prompt you to download a new resource pack. Please make sure you are on a good WiFi connection and that your SD card has enough room on it.

Usually the location of these resource files on the SD card should be in 2 different area, files have to be deleted from BOTH LOCATIONS

/Android/obb/<package-name> AND /Android/data/<package-name>

For example:

/Android/data/com.glu.android.gunbros_free for Gun Bros

/Android/data/com.glu.android.ck for Contract Killer
    The game should work after your new resource pack is downloaded and installed successfully.

We hope this information helps you in resolving the problem."

On my DROID4 using Astro file manager, the only com.glu files and folder on my SD card were in the /Android/data/com.glu... folder. I deleted the entire com.glu folder, force closed the app via the settings and started it up again. It loaded, but nothing worked. I tried again, this time opening the Play Store, but still nothing. There is are also no files or folders in the /Android/obb folder.
    MOTOROLA DROID4 | VERIZON WIRELESS
    Google+: Alfredo.Pacheco32 gmail dot com
  • Options
    ZodiacQueenZodiacQueen Registered Users 16 Posts
    Fredo wrote: »
    On my DROID4 using Astro file manager, the only com.glu files and folder on my SD card were in the /Android/data/com.glu... folder. I deleted the entire com.glu folder, force closed the app via the settings and started it up again. It loaded, but nothing worked. I tried again, this time opening the Play Store, but still nothing. There is are also no files or folders in the /Android/obb folder.

When you say it loaded but nothing worked, do you mean that you were able to get into the game but there was still a bug? Or did the game erase your entire game process?
  • Options
    FredoFredo Registered Users 42 Posts
    The game loaded as it has been. Still no friends but one showing up and having random crashes. Nothing else out of the norm.
    MOTOROLA DROID4 | VERIZON WIRELESS
    Google+: Alfredo.Pacheco32 gmail dot com
  • Options
    ZodiacQueenZodiacQueen Registered Users 16 Posts
    Fredo wrote: »
    The game loaded as it has been. Still no friends but one showing up and having random crashes. Nothing else out of the norm.

Ugh, I don't know what's there left for us to do. I guess we have to just wait the event out, especially me. I think this is the worse event. I guess they were trying to rush this event out for Halloween without double checking to see what work and what doesn't. People are going to start uninstalling this game for sure... ╭(╯ε╰)╮*✔