Options

I hope next Halloween repeats this event

v Ghost vv Ghost v Registered Users 7 Posts
I have no idea how we were supposed to get the werewolf or zombie masks, never saw a thread about it and didn't even realize these forums existed until the last day of the event.

Out of curiosity, how were you supposed to get those masks?

Comments

• Options
    Q N1NJAQ N1NJA Registered Users 13 Posts
    Completing event goals.
  • Options
    Which one specifically? I heard 15,000 candies were a requirement, but also heard it had something to do with teams, of which I wasn't on nor have any friends in this game as I only just found out about it.
  • Options
    diereysaadiereysaa Registered Users 19 Posts
    Hi Ghost,
    Back in time, I was lost as you are... and I got several ideas on this forum.. so I guess is time to payback ;)

Those rewards were given by the game for people participating in events. Time to time there are special events that allow you to leave your episode (and store your advances to continue at the same point when returning) and get into them.
    I've played two of them: the nightmare event, and the halloween, and in both cases the behaviour is the same:
    You keep killing zombies and completing missions (as you do on normal game) but in events, you get special items form scavenging: On the nightmare there was pink gems and on halloween there was candy. Once you reach certain number of special items you get a reward.
    There are multiple rewards while in the event, as you go getting special items: energy drinks, weapons, equipment, etc...

Usually, for every event there are final prizes for the top players. (the ranking depends on the special items amount)

On this last event, Glu had introduced teams. Teams are limited to ten people, and you can create or join a team. The teams can be Open, Invite-only and Closed.
    If the team is open, everybody can join, until the team is full. If it's invite-only, the creator/leader has to invite you. In order to get invited, the leader and you has to be friends on your mobile platform (GameCenter for iOS, Google+ for Android)
    There can be also prizes for top teams. In this last event (halloween) the prices for teams were some crowns, and per user were items (sword) and those masks you were asking for.

Hope you get fun Killing Zombies!:o
    With my phone I:
    • Play games
    • Watch videos
    • Make pictures
    • Listen to music
    • Surf internet
    • Make phone calls <- Yeah, right... IN YOUR DREAMS!:mad:
    Like Zombies Ate My Friends? Join our group here!
    I'm diereysaa at GC
  • Options
    Q N1NJAQ N1NJA Registered Users 13 Posts
    Zombie head was 24k candies and the rest was earned in a timed kill streak. Wolf head was similar and earned earlier in the candy reward ladder.
  • Options
    Rebecca33Rebecca33 Registered Users 89 Posts
    You could get both masks from the store popups as well.
    If you're looking for a multi platform game that's super generous with premium currency and holds regular kickass events, then try Hello Hero for iOS, for Android or even for Facebook (just look for Hello Hero) - use my referrer code Philson on the Keronic server to win the rarest monsters in game! ;)
  • Options
    @diereysaa:
    You didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I know how special events in MMO's work, and that many of the rewards are available once and only once during the event. But I also know some events repeat year after year and rewards missed the last year can get a second chance to be gotten the following year.

Read my original post. I implied pretty heavily that I'm aware I'll probably never get them. What I asked was how they were gotten to begin with. Do you know what the specific requirements were? Did I have to be on a team? Just collect a certain number of candies. Wait for the random number generator to randomly decide it should be my next goal? How were the masks gotten?

Alternatively, how do I delete the incomplete costumes from my inventory? Because without the masks they're useless to me and I'd rather not have my costume layout cluttered with useless items. Unless...
    Rebecca33 wrote: »
    You could get both masks from the store popups as well.
    Is that in the normal store in the normal game? Or was it just during the event? And if the former, is there a time limit on that? Because I currently cannot play because the game keeps crashing, and I'm doubting I'll get any official response or bug fix anytime soon, especially with other sites saying Amazon runs their own redundancy checks on updates, thus further delaying any release.
  • Options
    Rebecca33Rebecca33 Registered Users 89 Posts
    v Ghost v wrote: »
    @diereysaa:
    You didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I know how special events in MMO's work, and that many of the rewards are available once and only once during the event. But I also know some events repeat year after year and rewards missed the last year can get a second chance to be gotten the following year.

Read my original post. I implied pretty heavily that I'm aware I'll probably never get them. What I asked was how they were gotten to begin with. Do you know what the specific requirements were? Did I have to be on a team? Just collect a certain number of candies. Wait for the random number generator to randomly decide it should be my next goal? How were the masks gotten?

Alternatively, how do I delete the incomplete costumes from my inventory? Because without the masks they're useless to me and I'd rather not have my costume layout cluttered with useless items. Unless...

Is that in the normal store in the normal game? Or was it just during the event? And if the former, is there a time limit on that? Because I currently cannot play because the game keeps crashing, and I'm doubting I'll get any official response or bug fix anytime soon, especially with other sites saying Amazon runs their own redundancy checks on updates, thus further delaying any release.

It was only during the event, there was a blue bubble with a megaphone on it that let you purchase the event items, usually for 24h.
    If you're looking for a multi platform game that's super generous with premium currency and holds regular kickass events, then try Hello Hero for iOS, for Android or even for Facebook (just look for Hello Hero) - use my referrer code Philson on the Keronic server to win the rarest monsters in game! ;)
  • Options
    Rebecca33 wrote: »
    It was only during the event, there was a blue bubble with a megaphone on it that let you purchase the event items, usually for 24h.

Then (un)lucky me who's on a Kindle Fire didn't get the event in time. I had 3 offers durring the week the game was available to me. A 3-day timer for energy, followed by a 1-day timer for a weapon, followed by another 3-day timer for more energy that ended when the event ended. :(