Options

Event: Infestation (Nov23,2013)

veclocvecloc Registered Users 36 Posts
So there's a new event this week. And.. there's teams again.. :) Hopefully, all the active forums members can be teammates so we can communicate well.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Rebecca33Rebecca33 Registered Users 89 Posts
    So far in the update:

BUGGED - Crash on starting. Had to force close app, restart then it worked again (iPad)

Bosses drop rations - 20 energy each

I killed a few zombies and 3 boss zombies - Violet then called me and gave me an energy drink. Not sure if reward from bosses or zombie numbers, can someone confirm with numbers?
    If you're looking for a multi platform game that's super generous with premium currency and holds regular kickass events, then try Hello Hero for iOS, for Android or even for Facebook (just look for Hello Hero) - use my referrer code Philson on the Keronic server to win the rarest monsters in game! ;)
  • Options
    SuperlimboSuperlimbo Registered Users 51 Posts
    The bosses will only drop 20 energy packs for a limited time (I think 12 drops). You get an energy drink once after killing a boss regardless of how many you have killed as long as you have killed a boss on any of the levels with multiple bosses.
    Also, it appears that the energy drops alternate in between candy bars and canned beans and 20 energy bars with major bosses after you get a bunch of those 20 energy packs.
    (We have the game downloaded from multiple Apple accounts on 3 different Apple devices. So three different fighters and noted this trend but I won't bet my life on it, you know.)
  • Options
    moon8284moon8284 Registered Users 24 Posts
    I'm confused, is the event early released only to some?
    Android User.
  • Options
    zombieatezombieate Registered Users 9 Posts
    yea, i have totally no idea what they are talking about. android user here.
  • Options
    SuperlimboSuperlimbo Registered Users 51 Posts
    After the latest update on the Apple App Store, if you replay a level, these are the changes we have noticed. The energy drops are higher and more frequent we suspect in anticipation of the next marathon event.
  • Options
    zombieatezombieate Registered Users 9 Posts
    Seems to be apple specific then. Android devices aren't updating for now.
  • Options
    BrainmistBrainmist Registered Users 36 Posts
    I'm guessing they're referring to the update in general. The event began just a few hours ago (iPad).

I burned through a lot of energy getting through, and am now debating buying the fire sword. Anyone know what the damage is on it?

Glitches: crashing, which deletes any items on the ground in the current scene (although not in other sections).

Frustration: thinking you've left enough exp before you level that you'll be able to burn through your energy....but leveling while you still have 85 energy left. That just hurt. It's too bad you can't overmax while leveling....
  • Options
    viviaanviviaan Registered Users 41 Posts
    Wow, they really added more drops for all the bosses killed (in the event). I got 1400+ skulls from playing the event once. (probably cause i had like 6 rations and 3 energy drinks saved up...)

Im personally not a fan of buy premium weapons because in the next event, they'll create another type of weapon and like the poison, the fire will be not as effective. (so it'll be a waste of 110 golden skulls..) & if you need space in your backpack, you'll have to sell the previous weapon you bought for 100+ golden skulls.
    game center: xVivianna
    feel free to add me!
  • Options
    jaf0905jaf0905 Registered Users 76 Posts
    Brainmist wrote: »
    I'm guessing they're referring to the update in general. The event began just a few hours ago (iPad).

I burned through a lot of energy getting through, and am now debating buying the fire sword. Anyone know what the damage is on it?

Glitches: crashing, which deletes any items on the ground in the current scene (although not in other sections).

Frustration: thinking you've left enough exp before you level that you'll be able to burn through your energy....but leveling while you still have 85 energy left. That just hurt. It's too bad you can't overmax while leveling....

So glad to read this post. I had both problems - levelled up and lost 80-something energy and crashed several times losing several energy items on the ground. So frustrating!
    Game Center - resistance0905
  • Options
    moon8284moon8284 Registered Users 24 Posts
    Its nov 24th, and still no event/update for me . (android user). I wanna play the event "takes a tantrum" :D plz plz ZAMF creators update soon ;)
    Android User.
  • Options
    moon8284 wrote: »
    Its nov 24th, and still no event/update for me . (android user). I wanna play the event "takes a tantrum" :D plz plz ZAMF creators update soon ;)

And now I'm picturing you as Teeter.

Yeah, spending on items I know I'll be dumping seems like a silly thing. Although I did grab the zombie mask. I wish we could stash faves in a trophy case or something. I find myself attached to my trust chainsaw/ pirate's gun/ whatever, and I hate dumping them for next to nothing, even when they're useless.
  • Options
    mypaupermypauper Registered Users 3 Posts
    The team requests are impossible. Looking for a team but can find any. Keeps saying team unavailable. Add me GC: mypauper. Invite me to ur team or send me msg of ur team name. Proof to me this bloody forum isn't deserted.
  • Options
    now whenever i kill bosses in the event, i dont get canned beans anymore? :/ is it cause of the number of skulls i collected? (i have ~16k) or is it like this with everyone?
    feel free to add me!
  • Options
    DvigneauDvigneau Registered Users 1 Posts
    Vivian, same here. I think they realized that it was too easy and people were not buying enough.

With the change I am dropping out. Lucky though, I had 29k skulls when this happened so already got they key weapons.
  • Options
    jaf0905jaf0905 Registered Users 76 Posts
    To be fair, this event was CRAZY easy. I was playing for hours and hours and unable to get rid of my energy - finishing each level with the same stash of energy and nearly a full health bar. It became a chore rather than a fun event. I would have preferred more mini missions or bosses than a reduction in rewards - they should never withdraw something previously offered in my mind. I was surprised by the lack of missions in this one and the zombies take too long to respawn.
    Game Center - resistance0905
  • Options
    i still need to get the 21k weapon :/ sucks that i didnt try harder when they still offered the canned beans. it's pretty unfair though. & i agree that there should be side quests. maybe getting a cure for those fish zombies would work too.
    one thing that was hard was the 9.5k bosses. they used like 20 energy every time..
    feel free to add me!
  • Options
    RiotllamaRiotllama Registered Users 50 Posts
    I played my ass off when the event opened and so was in a good position after they messed around with everything. Besides the big zombies not dropping beans and health packs anymore, I've noticed that some zombies that used to have to up arrows next to fire weapon indicator now only have one. I bought the fire sword the first day and it was AWESOME but then yesterday, with all the changes, I noticed that it was noticeably less awesome. It never hit with less than 900 before and now it's hitting as low as 700 fairly often. So they nerfed the weapons and made the Zs harder to kill while giving less substantial rewards. I don't know how anyone who's not level 26 with expensive gear can play without getting hella frustrated. Explains why I haven't seen much movement in the top 20 lately. Also, I noticed that it stopped recording my skulls after I hit 75000. then y2nutta hit 75000 and is also listed as rank #1, but below me on the list. What happens if the top 20 all manage to pass 75000? Will they all get swords?
  • Options
    I just realized that too when i checked the Global rankings. Damn was i surprised to see the gold crown next to so many people.. this is mostly because of the event being to easy lol
    i think they'll probably list you based on the time you got to 75000. though, they dont seem to count the time, only the # of skulls (but they listed DORKSTARRR as 5th so im assuming you're the actual 1st). & im kind of disappointed to see the amount of xp given per quest and the amount you get from breaking eggs. it's too much.. i got from level 25 to 26 in less than a day.
    feel free to add me!
  • Options
    adaminkkadaminkk Registered Users 52 Posts
    Yay, a new event finally! They fixed the collect skulls from friends error I encountered during the last event, but now I can't see my own ranking or teams because it keeps timing out.... If anyone is interested in the Fire Sword you can see the stats in the Zombies Ate My Friends Too! group.
    I tried to change my avatar, now I can't even see my face. Kids, don't change your avatar :p
  • Options
    Event just ended & received my prize.
    the 10-100 weapon is pretty horrible. it only has 233 attack with +15 luck, and +3 for both health and energy.... though, that's only for me. did any of oyu guys get lucky and get a good weapon?
    feel free to add me!
  • Options
    I got the 1-10 sword. It is level 24 with 325 base +5 heart, +2 energy and +25. I paid skulls for the sword offered during the event and it is level 25 base 374, +15 energy +5 heart +25 energy. Which is what was advertised in the lead up to the event. It is ridiculous that when they post prizes on the splash page and list their stats, that the prize you get is different. My gf didn't even receive her gauntlets. She had to put a ticket in.
    At least you can 2nd weapon it and enjoy the huge luck bonus. At least they didn't nerf that.
  • Options
    kingfaustokingfausto Registered Users 3 Posts
    last time i checked it said i was ranked around 210. now the game is over it said i wasnt ranked, gave me an F, and i didnt get any rewards. is this a glitch or something?
  • Options
    Same thing happened to my boo. Open a help ticket.
  • Options
    Rob1583Rob1583 Registered Users 87 Posts
    Same here, I finished 8th overall and got an F rank and no fire sword. (I did get the option to wear the crown in the backpack from our team finishing 3rd though). During the entire event I wasn't seeing my teammates in the safe houses to collect skulls, but they apparently saw me. I sent a ticket and they responded 6 days later after the event had ended saying to "make sure I have a strong wifi connection", which I did.
  • Options
    Rob1583 wrote: »
    Same here, I finished 8th overall and got an F rank and no fire sword. (I did get the option to wear the crown in the backpack from our team finishing 3rd though). During the entire event I wasn't seeing my teammates in the safe houses to collect skulls, but they apparently saw me. I sent a ticket and they responded 6 days later after the event had ended saying to "make sure I have a strong wifi connection", which I did.

Yeah, gven how often I saw you in safehouses, their claim it was your wifi is ridiculous.
  • Options
    i submitted a ticket and they responded that if i was on a team then someone was cheating somehow and we were all disqualified. how the hell do you cheat at this game and how am i supposed to know if one of the anonymous strangers on my team is doing it? they encourage being on a team so i jump on one and then get disqualified? if i knew that was even possible i wouldnt have bothered.
  • Options
    Rob1583Rob1583 Registered Users 87 Posts
    Wow, I just got a response saying that too. Says "were you part of a team? If you or a team member chose to implement a cheat method to expedite their gathering of the skulls, the team will be disqualified." This is complete bull! I basically went 8 days without sleeping to earn my 8th place rank. I don't know if they sent that message to everyone who didn't get their rewards or just assumed I cheated because I ranked so high without ever spending real money on the game, but I am pissed right now. My team placed 3rd and I received my crown, and Brainmist, I thought I saw you got the fire chainsaw right? I got 3 people to download this game in the last week too, and I regret even showing it to them now
  • Options
    i asked who was cheating and how i was supposed to know and got this response:

We do not have access to that information. We had issues during our last event with players and teams cheating, so this time multiple anti-cheating measures were implemented to prevent cheating. When the system detects one of these online cheat methods is being used, the player/team is disqualified. This was done in effort to protect our honest players. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,
    Yasamin
    Glu Mobile Customer Care

i know its just a cell phone game but i did get totally into it for the past week and played the hell out of it just to get disqualified for something i didnt know about and didnt really have any control over.

dang it.

anyways thanks for the responses people. i hate that it happened to anyone but at least now i know its the games fault and not something i did.
  • Options
    That sucks. It seems like that happened to my gf also. And she was on a couple different teams, jumping around, trying to find people who were playing. She never found anyone in the safe houses to give her skulls. She thinks she was bugged from the start.
  • Options
    veclocvecloc Registered Users 36 Posts
    Here's what happened to me when I had a PREVIOUS bug at the last event (HALLOWEEN). Which is not OFFICIALLY joining the Top 1 team on our server but I am in their roster. I had to contact our previous team leader to KICK me so I can official join another team. It sucks to have bugs especially when you get to be FIRST place on the last event and not having the first placer crown. Anyway, about the ticketing, they are not that "Accommodating" in resolving the cases. So good luck to you guys and hopefully they can resolve those pesky event bugs. Wishing sometimes that prizes are somewhat better than the ones they sell, it's a waste of space for others. See you all next event! :)