Options

Change cap on collectibles for events

y2nuttay2nutta Registered Users 1 Posts
I had no idea there was a hard cap on the collectibles for the events until this most recent one. I find these events very fun, especially given that now there are rewards for placing higher on the ranking ladder. But, with that being said: it absolutely killed my desire to play when I reached the cap of 75,000. My team was ranked #1 for the majority of the event, and due to the cap being there I can no longer contribute to the teams success, and it always takes away the competitive element of the ranking system. By all appearances we are going to have a 4 or 5 way tie for 1st place, which doesn't really mean too much in the end. 1-10 get the same reward anyway, so that's not a real loss. But losing out on first place for my team because anything I do from this point on has no bearing really sucks.

My main suggestion would be that if you want to have a hard cap on the collectibles, then so be it(although, I think it best to remove it altogether). At least let the remainder of whatever people collect count towards their team goal. There appear to be a lot of people who are competing for these top slots, and in the end it just becomes the team with the most people who play that will win. If you are going to have any sort of cap, have a smaller cap on the team size. make it 3 people or 5 people max, then you will get a clearer picture of who the winners are.

This isn't just for me. I feel bad for everyone who is in this position, although it's probably a small amount. It just feels like there is nothing more to work towards once you hit the cap. I do realize you probably didn't think people would get close to hitting it, hence why you changed the dynamics of the event in the middle of it. It was very easy at first, but even so I still think there is a chance for someone or multiple people to have it it.

At the very least raise it to 100k or so.

Random side note, I agree with the post about raising the limit on collectible inventory items. Not drastically, but to 5 I think would be fair. The inventory gets cramped during events, and I actually had to destroy energy cans to open up a slot to take a quest item. Wouldn't have hurt so much if they were stacks of 5.

All in all, looking forward to the next event. I hope you read this and take the community suggestions under advisement. It's a very fun little game that I enjoy.

Comments

• Options
    veclocvecloc Registered Users 36 Posts
    y2nutta wrote: »
    I had no idea there was a hard cap on the collectibles for the events until this most recent one. I find these events very fun, especially given that now there are rewards for placing higher on the ranking ladder. But, with that being said: it absolutely killed my desire to play when I reached the cap of 75,000. My team was ranked #1 for the majority of the event, and due to the cap being there I can no longer contribute to the teams success, and it always takes away the competitive element of the ranking system. By all appearances we are going to have a 4 or 5 way tie for 1st place, which doesn't really mean too much in the end. 1-10 get the same reward anyway, so that's not a real loss. But losing out on first place for my team because anything I do from this point on has no bearing really sucks.

My main suggestion would be that if you want to have a hard cap on the collectibles, then so be it(although, I think it best to remove it altogether). At least let the remainder of whatever people collect count towards their team goal. There appear to be a lot of people who are competing for these top slots, and in the end it just becomes the team with the most people who play that will win. If you are going to have any sort of cap, have a smaller cap on the team size. make it 3 people or 5 people max, then you will get a clearer picture of who the winners are.

This isn't just for me. I feel bad for everyone who is in this position, although it's probably a small amount. It just feels like there is nothing more to work towards once you hit the cap. I do realize you probably didn't think people would get close to hitting it, hence why you changed the dynamics of the event in the middle of it. It was very easy at first, but even so I still think there is a chance for someone or multiple people to have it it.

At the very least raise it to 100k or so.

Random side note, I agree with the post about raising the limit on collectible inventory items. Not drastically, but to 5 I think would be fair. The inventory gets cramped during events, and I actually had to destroy energy cans to open up a slot to take a quest item. Wouldn't have hurt so much if they were stacks of 5.

All in all, looking forward to the next event. I hope you read this and take the community suggestions under advisement. It's a very fun little game that I enjoy.

Hey bro, I'm Cefirof of your team.. And I just have to say, yes, that cap really brought us to 2nd place. Losing by a small amount of skulls. I'm pretty sure you and DORKSTARR would have made 100k+ that would put us on top from day 1. Anyways, There's always next event and this time, I will try to get ACTIVE people on our team. Majestic Unicorns! :)
  • Options
    SuperlimboSuperlimbo Registered Users 51 Posts
    I need to find a super active team for next event.