Options

Holidayz Event: Festerville Mall

veclocvecloc Registered Users 36 Posts
Soooooo! After a week of Infestation, they decided to make another event a Dawn-of-the-Dead-ish event. LOL

Here are the new things about this update:
> Frost Weapons added (I guess Fire Weapons in this event might become weaker since Poison was weak in the past event)
> Collecting ornaments, toys, gingerbread men to earn exclusive X'mas-theme outfits (Just like in Halloween Event)
> Lvl Cap increased to 27 (More skill pts)
> Bug fixes and improvement (ugh.. like this is constant)

See you all there again! :)

Comments

• Options
    PezzzPezzz Registered Users 9 Posts
    When does it start?
  • Options
    adaminkkadaminkk Registered Users 52 Posts
    And I just spent money on fire weapons too. Android will get the event a week later than iPhone users as with Infestation, I'm guessing.
    I tried to change my avatar, now I can't even see my face. Kids, don't change your avatar :p
  • Options
    SuperlimboSuperlimbo Registered Users 51 Posts
    Here is hoping that the zombies will not be immune to fire AND poison, the weapon and equipment gifts during the event are less lame and the crashing happens at less opportune moments (like when I am about to pick up an energy drink). After getting over 21k skulls last time, I got a lvl 20 gun with half the attack of the rest of my equipment. Not super useful at all.
  • Options
    BrainmistBrainmist Registered Users 36 Posts
    Agreed. I ended up getting rid of prizes pretty much immediately.
  • Options
    Hmmm. I hope it is the mall since the event says hospital. The whole green skull is reminiscent of the first outbreak event, too... And the weapons look like poison and fire. I thought a least some new ice weapons would be offered...
  • Options
    Is it just me or 3rd Flr has one zombie missing to reach 12 zombies. Or they forget to include those FAT 3k vermins at lvl 15. Darn.
  • Options
    Oooooook. Pretty much 3-5th flrs have limited zombie issues but damn those 23-ish Zombie that hit 23-28 a piece. It's too much. My set of Kits just ran out at 5th. Sitting duck there. It is more of an endurance or HP stage than the previous event. Best of luck to you guys who doesn't have a freakishly strong elemental weapon.

I can't evem find a single Frost Weapon yet.
  • Options
    BrainmistBrainmist Registered Users 36 Posts
    Oh, and I suppose the 45k HP mutant zed on the top floor isn't worth it?

Oh wait. No, it really, really isn't.
  • Options
    That dumb zombie nearly killed me! You need a ludicrous frost weapon with tons of crit hit points.
  • Options
    jaf0905jaf0905 Registered Users 76 Posts
    This is a weird event. It's almost as if the developers are trying to force energy and weapon purchases...

And what's with the lack of zombies on the upper floors with very limited time quests?!
    Game Center - resistance0905
  • Options
    oocoderoocoder Registered Users 7 Posts
    I would label this event a fail. Most of the time missions can't be done in time due to the lack of zombies on the upper floors. The big boss on the roof is not worth defeating. You don't get any big reward. And I still haven't seen any frost weapons either.
  • Options
    viviaanviviaan Registered Users 41 Posts
    I definitely agree. This event is probably like a 2.5/10. The missions CAN be done in time, it just depends whether or not you remember after 10 minutes to check to see if the zombies respawned. Though, that's a lot of work and you have to wait. On the third floor, I kill 6 zombies and i wait until there are around 7 minutes left (that's when the zombies normally respawn) and i kill the 6 that respawned. that way i dont need to waste extra energy and time to leave the floor. Surprisingly, i haven't gotten past the 5th floor yet. It's not worth it waiting for the zombies to respawn when you can be spending time with floors 1,2, and 3.
    game center: xVivianna
    feel free to add me!
  • Options
    ZAMFaddictZAMFaddict Registered Users 123 Posts
    The boss on the top floor was crazy. It was an absolute push to make you buy health. I have a question for future missions. Do you have to kill the top one or are you better to stay on lower floors?
  • Options
    It was not worth going up at all. I only did it twice. Because I am am idiot.
  • Options
    & the rewards were basically the same i think. For completing a floor you got around 25 skulls for each floor right? Plus, you get a can of beans regardless what floor you complete in time so it was definitely more worth it repeating the first, second floors, and the "Pills" quest.
    feel free to add me!
  • Options
    SurlySurly Registered Users 4 Posts
    Any idea when the mall episode starts?
  • Options
    Surly wrote: »
    Any idea when the mall episode starts?

It starts now.

Regarding this event. It's a combination of the Sewer event (lengthy) and the previous event (huge HP enemies that deal 25 damage a piece).

If you're a spender of skulls then good for you, otherwise even with enough prep, this event is ridiculously hard even for Veterans without the Mall Ice weapon and a supply of Med Kits. Really? 22k HP Zzzantas?? They did combined the previous event before this with a lengthy stage. Too hard even for non-skullies like me. :/
  • Options
    vecloc wrote: »
    It starts now.

Regarding this event. It's a combination of the Sewer event (lengthy) and the previous event (huge HP enemies that deal 25 damage a piece).

If you're a spender of skulls then good for you, otherwise even with enough prep, this event is ridiculously hard even for Veterans without the Mall Ice weapon and a supply of Med Kits. Really? 22k HP Zzzantas?? They did combined the previous event before this with a lengthy stage. Too hard even for non-skullies like me. :/

The 22k zombies give a 30 skull reward(seriously?) and it takes me around 20 energy to kill it without a frost weapon. I don't even bother going beyond collecting the third ornament/toy & the fourth escalator. The rewards are too small in my opinion. It'll take me FOREVER to reach 50k for the mask. Currently 4th with 13k+ skulls which took around 3 days which proves im probably never reaching 50k.

They really should have glu employees test these events before releasing it
    feel free to add me!
  • Options
    Bastuud13Bastuud13 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Just wondering if I was the only one who didn't get any rewards regarding the bounty. I had at least 2k worth of candy canes but didn't get the weapon that only required about 800 worth of candy canes. Thanks.
  • Options
    Sja105Sja105 Registered Users 29 Posts
    I finished 77rd and got an F and no reward. Anyone else have this problem? I contacted glu and said I would get an F if I collect improperly, which I did not.
  • Options
    Rob1583Rob1583 Registered Users 87 Posts
    The same thing happened to me on the infestation event. They said if anyone on my team cheated we all get disqualified, but everyone else on my team got their rewards. Then they said " we apologize, but we have no way to send items to your account". I was supposed to get the top prize too, so I was pretty pissed