Options

Latest event for Apple platform is horrible 12/6

SuperlimboSuperlimbo Registered Users 51 Posts
This is a terrible event. Did anyone at Glu even test it before the start?
It is basically the same as the very first event but the zombies get excessively harder. I am fully leveled up, have 100 energy points and over 300 health. Lots to my attack bonus and luck via equipment.

First of all, the timed missions...
The first two floors, this is possible but you cannot spend much time in the stores or scavenging. After killing the first two super zombies, you get a measly candy bar if you're lucky.
Then the 3rd floor comes. You have 30 min to kill 12 zombies. Oh, but wait... The rats don't count. And there are only 11 zombies. So you wait and wait. Oh, and these zombies have 1500 or so hit points. So if you don't have a good weapon, you are SCREWED! If you do something else in the interim, you run the risk that ALL the zombies regenerate and you miss the 30 min deadline. After killing the 3rd zombie, which is somewhat challenging, you get another candy bar. Hooray....
It goes like this until the sixth super zombie which has like 45k in hit points and is resistant to fire and poison. It you use a frost weapon, the horrible ones offered through the gold skull store lack the damage and luck you need to survive. But say after using all your energy plus bought energy plus life packs you survive. You get... A candy bar. Hooray. Unbelievable.

Second, what did Glu do to the active game space? A few millimeters are off the ipad screen. How do I know? On the 3rd floor, you can see the tip of a rat's nose. Oh, and my 21 K reward bounced off in said rat's direction. I could see it glowing but couldn't reach it. Thanks, Glu! And then the game crashed. Of course.

And third, team skull gathering... So as far as I can tell, out of my very active team, I only gathered skulls from 3 of them. The worst part is that three of my team are in the top 10 and I have NEVER received skulls from them.

Seriously, did ANYONE at Glu bother to check to see if this event was worth running?

Comments

• Options
    PezzzPezzz Registered Users 9 Posts
    Hey, we're in the same party and I was wondering the same thing. We have like what, 150,000 skulls all together, and I was able to collect about 1000 of them. It gave me 95 and 94 skulls once it was weird.
  • Options
    viviaanviviaan Registered Users 41 Posts
    I just joined your party & i was so close to the 21k reward... only 700 skulls away. I think this was the shortest event (too short in my opinion) & I wish they had made it a mall like they said it would be. It would have been much better than a hospital :/
    game center: xVivianna
    feel free to add me!
  • Options
    PezzzPezzz Registered Users 9 Posts
    That's a shame.
  • Options
    SuperlimboSuperlimbo Registered Users 51 Posts
    Our team was pretty good, though. The rewards were fairly sucky, tho.
  • Options
    Rob1583Rob1583 Registered Users 87 Posts
    I had the same issue with not seeing teammates in the safe houses. Superlimbo, you were the only one I ever saw. Last event I saw no teammates at all! Sent a ticket to glu and they responded (6 days later after event ended) to make sure I have a strong wifi connection. You can't even play the game without one though.

I also never received my fire sword for placing top ten in the last event either (which I also sent a ticket for and have been going back and forth with them trying to get them to send it to me). They first said either I or someone on my team may have cheated so our team was disqualified. I wrote back telling her I had received my crown but not the sword, and that my teammates had gotten their weapon rewards. Now they're saying "sorry for the inconvenience, we have no way to send it to you". I know that's not true though , because on the forums there's a sticky Glu posted regarding the 1st Outbreak event saying they will be sending out the rewards to the players who did not receive them. Maybe they don't care about me because I've never spent real money on the game.

It's crazy, we all love this game but we spend more time venting about it than discussing it. It's also crazy that Glu made such a good game, then doesn't bother to fix its glitches and offers no solutions to players facing problems.

Regarding the "Holidayz" event, I think we'll probably be getting it near the end of the month and this was something separate. They already did the outbreak event (before I started playing), and this lasted only 3 days and top prizes were for top 5 instead of top 10. I'm guessing they threw this event out there to give us something play in the meantime while we wait for the holidays mall event (possibly because its not ready), or maybe they just did it to get people to spend more money.